1173 13 2018-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
15matjan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

After several weeks of not flying with my MA, these days I noticed the Quickshot modes were working randomly and not always recording when in Quickshot.I always have the last FW version installed and this was the case here too.
At home I tried to connect my MA through my DJI Assistant 2 (last version again) which prompted me to make a NFZ database update. But, when doing it, the DJI assistant crashes.
After several failed attempts I RESTORED TO FACTORY DEFAULTS and re(installed) the last version .0400. The pop-up window with NFZ update dissapeared, but when log in again, reconnect MA to PC through DJI Assistant the NFZ update prompt appears again...  WHY when IT IS SUPPOSED A CLEAN, FRESH INSTALLATION come with the latest available, updated NFZ already .....

Needles to say, the issue with random, inconsistent functioning of Quickshot modes is still there and unable to fix it.

Also noticed a lot of AIRCRAFT DISCONECTED when flying on open field, no ''parasite'' WIFI nor electrical or radio interferrences and having the aircraft at less than 200m (horizontal) and 40-70 m (vertical) from the RC...

It is really unbelievable how DJI allows us to become captains on this forum describing problems which shouldn't occur or exist...

DJI Mavic Air bug1.jpg
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. May I know what mobile device are you using? Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Assistant 2? If the issue persists, try to use different PC and download the DJI Assistant 2.
2018-9-13
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-13 11:42
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. May I know what mobile device are you using? Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Assistant 2? If the issue persists, try to use different PC and download the DJI Assistant 2.

Hi Natalia, mobile is a Motorola G6 plus, Android 8.0.0. Had no problems with it and the MA until last several weeks.I wonder if being caused by last update to newest DJI Go4 app 4.3.0 version.
As for the current installed version of DJI Assistant 2 it went flawlessly when it dealt with my P4P firmware updating since the last DJI Assistant 2 v.1.2.4 was released. I'll try to reinstall the Assistant 2, although find no explanation for the erratic functioning in Quickshots mode.
I suppose you'll ask me about the SD used: Sandisk Extreme v30, 32 Gb.
It seems to me is rather a matter of either the last FW v.0400 of the aircraft or the last NFZ database update patch or the DJIGo4 v4.3.0...
Anyway, quite annoying...Thanks God I have and can fly the P4P...For the moment MA turned out to be an unreliable grounded toy

DSCN2343.jpg
DSCN2344.jpg
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

15matjan Posted at 2018-9-13 12:30
Hi Natalia, mobile is a Motorola G6 plus, Android 8.0.0. Had no problems with it and the MA until last several weeks.I wonder if being caused by last update to newest DJI Go4 app 4.3.0 version.
As for the current installed version of DJI Assistant 2 it went flawlessly when it dealt with my P4P firmware updating since the last DJI Assistant 2 v.1.2.4 was released. I'll try to reinstall the Assistant 2, although find no explanation for the erratic functioning in Quickshots mode.
I suppose you'll ask me about the SD used: Sandisk Extreme v30, 32 Gb.

Can you please try to update the Fly safe database to the latest version? We're really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-9-13
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-13 13:08
Can you please try to update the Fly safe database to the latest version? We're really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Can you please be more specific? Which is the number of the latest version for the current Fly safe database??? Because when I check for updates under my DJIGo4 app, it always return as having the latest version already installed. (please see attached screenshots in the previous reply).

Also when initialize DJIGo4App before flight and it connects with the aircraft, the system is checking its version (the "blue message screen") and returns as having installed the latest available version.
2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

15matjan Posted at 2018-9-13 13:14
Can you please be more specific? Which is the number of the latest version for the current Fly safe database??? Because when I check for updates under my DJIGo4 app, it always return as having the latest version already installed. (please see attached screenshots in the previous reply).

Also when initialize DJIGo4App before flight and it connects with the aircraft, the system is checking its version (the "blue message screen") and returns as having installed the latest available version.

Upon checking, I see that your Motorola G6 Plus is not fully compatible with Mavic Air. Since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot guarantee the stability of the application if this will work all the time while using the specific mobile device. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on our website to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2018-9-13
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-13 13:42
Upon checking, I see that your Motorola G6 Plus is not fully compatible with Mavic Air. Since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot guarantee the stability of the application if this will work all the time while using the specific mobile device. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on our website to avoid any problem. Thank you.

[view_image]

What a cheap excuse Natalia ....
I'd bet you'd might found a different, much more elaborated way to wash your hands and DJI's responsibility in this issue...
Until Android V4.3.0, my Motorola G6 plus was perfectly compatible and worked seamlessly with the Mavic Air.
By the way, stating "support for additional devices available" is misleading the consumer and illegal under current EU laws...And you bold this statement it in order not to scare potential buyers...Yeah, you are Chinese...

The real problem is your engineers only test the firmwares on a handful of models (total 32 models of only 8 manufacturers). If really testing all, which I start to doubt...
A honest company would advert the user before launching a new FW about possible compatibility issues, which, the way you perform the Android DJI Go4 app's updates was definitely not the case...
I suppose it would be a rhetorical question to ask for the possibility to downgrade to the previous DJI Go4 app version...

And what about the misfunctioning of DJI Assistant2 v1.2.4 ??? No mobile phone or Android version involved in that case...
Should we have also compatibility issues with WIN versions or computer manufacturers or models ???? Have seen no disclaimer yet...

Very disappointing to find you use such dirty tricks and cheap excuses to hide internal development failures...

Have your engineers heard about backward compatibility ??? Because my Chinese phone once worked with your former version app. And, in therms of memory and computing capacity is quite above over several of your 32 listed models.

2018-9-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

15matjan Posted at 2018-9-13 14:32
What a cheap excuse Natalia ....
I'd bet you'd might found a different, much more elaborated way to wash your hands and DJI's responsibility in this issue...
Until Android V4.3.0, my Motorola G6 plus was perfectly compatible and worked seamlessly with the Mavic Air.

I truly understand your frustration. Actually, there is a possibility that it will work. But again since it's not yet optimized we cannot guarantee the stability of the app to your phone and some features on the DJI Go 4 App might not work properly. For the DJI Assistant 2, this will work to all the latest Windows version. If you are having a problem with our software, first that you'll need to do is to reinstall it. If the issue persists, try to use different PC or laptop. If you still having the same issue, please let us know so we can forward this concern to our engineering team so we can provide the right resolution.
2018-9-13
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-13 15:48
I truly understand your frustration. Actually, there is a possibility that it will work. But again since it's not yet optimized we cannot guarantee the stability of the app to your phone and some features on the DJI Go 4 App might not work properly. For the DJI Assistant 2, this will work to all the latest Windows version. If you are having a problem with our software, first that you'll need to do is to reinstall it. If the issue persists, try to use different PC or laptop. If you still having the same issue, please let us know so we can forward this concern to our engineering team so we can provide the right resolution.

It is something more than frustration...Because is caused by your company. For a product I paid for and it is not functioning as promised.Because of an inconsistent and insufficiently checked FW update before being launched on the market.
If anyone has doubts, just check for DJI's Go4 App ratings on Google Play...Many stars...single stars.
By the way, I can't accept your explanation about "supported devices" since, on Google Play's page, DJI Technology CO, LTD, says my device is compatible:

Who's, at least inconsistent then (I'd say: lying) ?

I'm still looking forward for an answer to my previous question. Since my device worked well with previous version of DJI Go4 app, under the same hardware configuration, how can reversely downgrade DJI Go4 app ???? Because I can prove my affirmations and you are obliged to ensure the correct functionality of my device...

Long story short: DJI assistant 2, same version worked well until last FLy-Sure database package spoiled it...
2018-9-13
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

You can downgrade your app if you search for a specific version APK on google.
2018-9-13
Use props
Prototype_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261112 ft
United Kingdom

I wonder if you are able to tell me when the Motorola G6 Plus will be compatible as I would like to purchase this phone to use with my Mavic 2 Zoom?
2018-11-18
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Prototype_uk Posted at 11-18 13:09
I wonder if you are able to tell me when the Motorola G6 Plus will be compatible as I would like to purchase this phone to use with my Mavic 2 Zoom?

Prototype_uk, I assume you are asking some DJI forum moderator. Because as a user I have the remotest idea when it will become compatible. They use to test only few models of biggest manufacturers Apple and Samsung and few chinese ones as Huawei, Honor, One etc. Surprisingly not Lenovo (Motorola), despite of being also chinese...
What it usually happens is that after several firmwares, it works better although, officially, never backed to be 100% sure.
2018-11-19
Use props
Prototype_uk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 261112 ft
United Kingdom

15matjan Posted at 11-19 04:52
Prototype_uk, I assume you are asking some DJI forum moderator. Because as a user I have the remotest idea when it will become compatible. They use to test only few models of biggest manufacturers Apple and Samsung and few chinese ones as Huawei, Honor, One etc. Surprisingly not Lenovo (Motorola), despite of being also chinese...
What it usually happens is that after several firmwares, it works better although, officially, never backed to be 100% sure.

Hello, yes I was hoping the DJI moderator would be kind enough to answer my question given that you were told that the G6 was not compatible. Are you still using this mobile phone?
2018-11-22
Use props
15matjan
lvl.4
  • >>>
Spain

Prototype_uk Posted at 11-22 13:01
Hello, yes I was hoping the DJI moderator would be kind enough to answer my question given that you were told that the G6 was not compatible. Are you still using this mobile phone?

Hello, yes I use it even not very often. Last time I used it last week, it seems for the moment is working well.
2018-11-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules