1343 9 2018-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pjollain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106093 ft
Luxembourg

Hi,

I fly in an area where there are valleys and hills. Once I am in the air, the height indicated by the drone is always relative to the takeoff place, meaning that, depending whether I am flying above a valley or above a hill, the actual ground can be for example at -16 meters or at +34 meters.
With all the sensors on the new M2P, I guess I will be alerted if I come to close to the ground. Is that right? At which distance from the ground will I be alerted? Is it working in all the modes?
2018-9-14
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Excellent questions.
2018-9-14
Use props
Parme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508615 ft
Italy

Not sure if you will be alerted, however on the remote display (not on the app) you have the CLEARANCE value, which indicates the distance to the ground.

Hope that helps!
2018-9-14
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

33ft for the VPS to start to read height above ground according to the manual
2018-9-14
Use props
damoUK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 693038 ft

Sounds like you’re in the perfect position to test it out (carefully) and let us all know the answer!
2018-9-14
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
Belgium

Thanks a lot for the answers! I had seen this clearance information on the remote, but didn't understand what it was meaning. I will test this this weekend.
2018-9-14
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
Belgium

damoUK Posted at 2018-9-14 01:43
Sounds like you’re in the perfect position to test it out (carefully) and let us all know the answer!

Yes, I will test it and report here. This is one of my main concerns, as I am often too far to estimate the height of the drone from the ground, and relying on the image in the app to estimate the height is far from reliable...
2018-9-14
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Yes, it will be alerted. You will see below the app on how high are you from the ground.

2018-9-14
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
France

Hi DJI Wanda. Thank you for your answer, but:
- the screenshot you have inserted does not correspond to the version we currently use with the Mavic 2 Pro.
- the only height displayed on this screenshot is relative to the takeoff point, which is not was I was looking for.
2018-9-14
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I don't think there is an alert if you are coming to close to the ground. I think the drone will slow down to a smooth landing if you are approaching the ground, even if it is -34 meters. The bottom vision sensors will not make an alert. And neither is it shown on the radar chart.
But do a test and let us know your results!
2018-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules