2018-9-14
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-14 12:02
Great finding, thank you very much! Would you be so kind to give us more detailed instructions on how you have managed to do it? Thank you very much in advance!

you can do one of the following:
- use a VPN terminating in the desired region
- use a proxy server in the desired region
- use SmartDNS and setup accordingly.

The CrystalSky monitor is to cumbersome to use above mentioned methods, i recommend to setup one of those at your WiFi access point, Internet gateway/firewall/router.

If you are having a consumer grade router, use SmartDNS.
Look at this service - they have a 14-day free trial version.
Easy setup and works with all kind of machinery.
2018-9-14
Use props
Bioluminous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 83638 ft
  • >>>
United States

Found this: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... it-no-longer.47874/

I downloaded the APK, installed on a microSD, inserted into CS, installed app. It works, it freaking works. Screenshots:

2018-9-14
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Bioluminous Posted at 2018-9-14 20:52
Found this: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/tired-of-waiting-for-mavic-2-support-on-crystalsky-wait-no-longer.47874/

I downloaded the APK, installed on a microSD, inserted into CS, installed app. It works, it freaking works. Screenshots:

UR a prince Bioluminous, saved my day! I have packed for a trip leaving this morning!

The file is here
https://www.icloud.com/#iclouddrive/0LABHt8UQX4YhJi2bEBduUdGQ
And yes it WORKS!
2018-9-14
Use props
Weeman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2186506 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Swedrone Posted at 2018-9-14 21:03
UR a prince Bioluminous, saved my day! I have packed for a trip leaving this morning!

The file is here

Works great  Thanks
2018-9-14
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Apk installed on CS and working.... Cheers guys....
2018-9-14
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

fans4663abf7...

Curious...

How did you adapt your CS bracket to the 'new' RC?
2018-9-14
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-14 23:04
fans4663abf7...

Curious...

2018-9-14
Use props
fans887936db
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Thank you!  I read in another post it was available.  I update inside the DJI Go app (which is currently .16) amd .21 says its available.  156mb.  It sticks at 0% download.  I have tried my two WiFi’s plus cellular as hotspot and same 0% result.  Confirm via browser I have internet connectivity.  

I will try the side load approach in the morning.  Is new version 4.3?
2018-9-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Keule Posted at 2018-9-14 18:59
you can do one of the following:
- use a VPN terminating in the desired region
- use a proxy server in the desired region

Thank you very much! It seems an easier solution is available now with that download link.
2018-9-14
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

fans887936db Posted at 2018-9-14 23:18
Thank you!  I read in another post it was available.  I update inside the DJI Go app (which is currently .16) amd .21 says its available.  156mb.  It sticks at 0% download.  I have tried my two WiFi’s plus cellular as hotspot and same 0% result.  Confirm via browser I have internet connectivity.  

I will try the side load approach in the morning.  Is new version 4.3?

I downloaded the APK to a micro-sd card.

I inserted it into the CS micro-sd card slot #1

Now what??
2018-9-14
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

Thanks.

I believe I update to 4.3 off the APK...

How/where do you look to get the version off the CS?
2018-9-15
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

use explorer in CS to browse the file on the SD and click on it to install it.... Jobs a good 'en
2018-9-15
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

geoffz Posted at 2018-9-15 00:11
Thanks.

I believe I update to 4.3 off the APK...

click "ME" along the bottom or check in "GO" itself.. If it detects your M2 it worked ...
2018-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Bioluminous Posted at 2018-9-14 20:52
Found this: https://mavicpilots.com/threads/tired-of-waiting-for-mavic-2-support-on-crystalsky-wait-no-longer.47874/

I downloaded the APK, installed on a microSD, inserted into CS, installed app. It works, it freaking works. Screenshots:

Thank you very much for sharing your finding, you have made my weekend! It works perfectly and I am very happy now! :-)
2018-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

The file is here

Thank you as well for sharing the direct download link! Fantastic :-) I have installed it from USB stick without problems.
2018-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-14 14:52
Hasn’t arrived here yet, but weather is sh#t so no panic, but good result all round.

A download link is available now here above and it works perfectly.
2018-9-15
Use props
Hitmax
First Officer
Flight distance : 2092244 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-14 07:28
How did you manage to use the DJI mount for CrystalSky? Others here are reporting that it doesn't fit. Have you modified it?

It looks like he has attached it with wire - I have just worked out two ways of fitting it and will do a short film this weekend, as for the 5.5 I cannot get mine to update either
2018-9-15
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

robotfist Posted at 2018-9-14 12:16
I have the 5.5 Crystalsky and I do not see anything. Very supicious of this since DJI has made no announcements.

Also withe the last version DJI made no announcement!
2018-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

Hitmax Posted at 2018-9-15 01:47
It looks like he has attached it with wire - I have just worked out two ways of fitting it and will do a short film this weekend, as for the 5.5 I cannot get mine to update either

There is a download link available now, see post 44# here above.
2018-9-15
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

And what about flying quality with this disclosed version of DJI GO4?
2018-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

nixuspix Posted at 2018-9-15 02:25
And what about flying quality with this disclosed version of DJI GO4?

It is the proper version and has been released by DJI, see also post 13# here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-165909-1-1.html
I shall test it this afternoon but have no doubt that it will work well.
2018-9-15
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-15 02:30
It is the proper version and has been released by DJI, see also post 13# here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-165909-1-1.html
I shall test it this afternoon but have no doubt that it will work well.

That's the excellent news then and maybe it's time to start to think about Mavic 2 Zoom. But again Autumn and Winter are not far away and most probably it's worth to wait till next Spring. We'll see
2018-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

nixuspix Posted at 2018-9-15 03:35
That's the excellent news then and maybe it's time to start to think about Mavic 2 Zoom. But again Autumn and Winter are not far away and most probably it's worth to wait till next Spring. We'll see

Yes, take your time. You can do so much with Mavic Air too.
2018-9-15
Use props
SidneyW
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

The file is here
https://www.icloud.com/#iclouddrive/0LABHt8UQX4YhJi2bEBduUdGQ

It works for me also.  
2018-9-15
Use props
jffry7
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27566 ft
Singapore

Thanks for the tip on using South Africa. I also opened my CS and did not get any update. After I tether to my phone with VPN connected to South Africa once I launch DJI Go4 immediately got update prompt for update.

20180915_203216_2.jpg
2018-9-15
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Flown with 2 batteries and it works like a charm
2018-9-15
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-15 03:42
Yes, take your time. You can do so much with Mavic Air too.

I upgraded my 3 CrystalSkys. Interesting that after the advice you gave me re the update procedure I only updated my 5.5 to .21 But left my 7.85s at .16. Tried to do a .21 update first on the 7.85s and it said it was available but it would not download. The download servers seem to be Offline.

Updated them all to the 3.4 Version off the link in this thread. (Thanks Max)

Needed to do a cold restart on them to get the app to Load correctly and keep my Wifi Settings.

I tried to get my M2 Pro flying with my CS Ultra and it refused to connect until I removed the micro USB cable plug from the RC unit. There must be a loop in the USB connector Plug so the RC unit can detect the cable is installed. The other end I left floating. So It must be a loop connection on at least 2 pins. I assume this is for the OTG functionality. It gave me a "moment".

Anyhow flew my pro off the ultra indoors in poor lighting and I cant believe the quality of the display from the Pro camera in low light.

I love these Mavics. I am so glad I got the Pro and the Zoom.

Now its all working fine i'm off to do some flying.

Cheers all. And thanks again Watchberger

2018-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

bjr981s Posted at 2018-9-15 05:39
I upgraded my 3 CrystalSkys. Interesting that after the advice you gave me re the update procedure I only updated my 5.5 to .21 But left my 7.85s at .16. Tried to do a .21 update first on the 7.85s and it said it was available but it would not download. The download servers seem to be Offline.

Updated them all to the 3.4 Version off the link in this thread. (Thanks Max)

Glad to hear that all has worked out well. I'll go for my test flying now :-)
2018-9-15
Use props
Smead
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178255 ft
  • >>>

The file is here

SWEET.  This made my weekend!  I know this is something that DJI should of had for us a few weeks ago...but...  

I know...I know...shut up Scott and go fly.  Off to do just that...
2018-9-15
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

Smead Posted at 2018-9-15 06:14
SWEET.  This made my weekend!  I know this is something that DJI should of had for us a few weeks ago...but...  

I know...I know...shut up Scott and go fly.  Off to do just that...

Used the APK and installed fine.

Have not flown yet but soon.

Well Done and thanks!

No thanks to DJI in this region.

There's always more than one way to skin a cat!
2018-9-15
Use props
ToscanaDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13833304 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Installed on my CS 7,85 and works fine. Flown witht my Inspire an For the moment everything is perfect!
Thanks for the trick!
2018-9-15
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2

Are there any risks from installing this APK file? How does everyone know this is the official DJI release? Are you confident that when DJI releases its next update that you will be able to implement it, after updating from this file?
2018-9-15
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
United Kingdom

robotfist Posted at 2018-9-15 08:04
Are there any risks from installing this APK file? How does everyone know this is the official DJI release? Are you confident that when DJI releases its next update that you will be able to implement it, after updating from this file?

you are only installing an apk.. at worst re update the firmware and reset to factory defaults ..... you are not rooting or voiding the warranty of the CS....

if you lived in south africa this is what you would be downloading today from DJI. read the complete thread.... just flown MP2 3 batteries no fault seen
2018-9-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

robotfist Posted at 2018-9-15 08:04

No risk at all, it is the official DJI release. You can trust it.
2018-9-15
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2
South Africa

I read the complete thread and downloading unknown files from random strangers and links on the internet always feels sketchy to me. I know I may be missing out, but after being burned this way before, I’d prefer to just get the file directly from DJI’s servers.

Just installed a VPN on my iphone, routed it through South Africa, and then connected my Crystalsky to my iPhone’s hotspot and I am not seeing any available updates/downloads. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?
2018-9-15
Use props
fans802e59b3
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327352 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Update for Crystal Sky ... Looking for answers I came across a post on the DJI forums and apparently an update for CS is about ...I tried to update but no joy until I read the post and following the link and downloading the APK file I put it on a sd card and put it into card one on the CS and went to explorer and installed. And it works Here's the link to the APK file https://www.icloud.com/#iclouddrive/0LABHt8UQX4YhJi2bEBduUdGQ .  And here's the link to the forum thread https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... id%3D463&page=1 . The update is coming it's just hit South Africa region first ... but I couldn't wait lol im in UK.    THE ORIGINAL POSTER IS NOT TALKING BS.
cs.jpg
2018-9-15
Use props
DJChad72
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Same here.  I have a shoot tomorrow and I was really hoping for this update to come this weekend!  I almost feel like I am back to full power.  I sold my very kitted out Phantom 4 Pro+ V2 (batteries, chargers, props, fitted case, etc... ). But my M2P is not yet at full power.  

Fly More Bundle - Check (+2 Batteries & a Hub)
Crystal Sky Update - Check (I can see in daylight!)
4th Battery - Out of Stock
Spare Charger - Out of Stock
ND Filters - Out of Stock

I really need the spare charger to come into stock because my Charger is defective.  The USB port & the Micro USB flip out cable on the charger won't charge anything.  Only the battery cable works (thank goodness or I would have had to send the entire kit back and wait for a new one!).  

So DJI - just keep on rolling.  I know we pilots are impatient at times.  But its for good reasons!  You enable us with tools to make a living, but we always need an edge in the market place of content.  Hence why much of your base, I suspect, are early adopters!  
2018-9-15
Use props
robotfist
lvl.2

Just used the link someone previously posted for Smart DNS Proxy. They have a free trial that doesn't require a credit card number. I have an Airport Express and use a Mac. It was incredibly easy. Just had to throw two numbers from their server list into the DNS field of the Airport Utility and now I'm downloading the official update from DJI's servers directly on my Crystalsky!  So glad I found this thread! Now I can finally open my Mavic 2 Pro!!
2018-9-15
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>

DJChad72 Posted at 2018-9-15 09:39
Same here.  I have a shoot tomorrow and I was really hoping for this update to come this weekend!  I almost feel like I am back to full power.  I sold my very kitted out Phantom 4 Pro+ V2 (batteries, chargers, props, fitted case, etc... ). But my M2P is not yet at full power.  

Fly More Bundle - Check (+2 Batteries & a Hub)

why would they roll the update out in SA first?

You'd think they'd service larger markets.

Maybe they're testing for bugs in smaller markets.
2018-9-15
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules