Mavic pro 2 /zoom with goggles?
1198 13 2018-9-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

Is there any thing i should k ow before buying?
2018-9-14
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

Compatibility?
2018-9-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You should be good
2018-9-14
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4

Meaning there is no special hoops to jump through? Issues I may need to be aware of?
2018-9-14
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. For better information about our new product, please refer to the link below. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2?site=brandsite&from=nav
2018-9-15
Use props
covpack
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1295902 ft
United States

I had to return my white goggles.  At first I was only getting to about 500 feet out without having signal problems. I was also having signal issues flying low at any altitude when obstacles got in the way, i.e. flying down into small ravines sometimes less than 200 feet away.  The DJI rep told me to reinstall the firmware, which I did. It helped, but now I got out to about 1000 feet before having problems, which was sometimes complete signal loss. It never fixed the low flying signal issue. Under ideal condition, where I was out in the country with no other electronics nearby, I might get comparable distance as my other drone, the Mavic Air, sometimes.  I did notice, that the goggles tended to have the same signal problems at the same point as the Mavic Air.  However, the Mavic Air could always fly through the interference, sometimes, while the goggles attached to the Mavic 2 could not, complete signal loss. The Mavic 2, when not connected to the goggles, wouldn't show any problems at these points.   The final issue was the camera resolutions. I was unable to view the goggles in HD (1080) and keep 4K. The goggles turn the on board camera recording down to 1080 at 30 fps.  So forget 4K or even 1080 at 60 or 120 fps. Setting he goggles to 720 was suppose to resolve this issue.  The goggle view in 720 or even HD was horrible. Felt I was looking at a poor 640X480 video. I got a better view by just moving my head closer to the smart phone attached to my controller.   I think DJI has to do some serious firmware updates so that they work better with the Mavic 2 before I would recommend.  However, I think they might have to completly redesign the goggles to be more in line with the Mavic 2 technology. I could wait it out and hope that DJI does that fix. However, I purchased my goggles through Amazon, and they have a hassle free return policy for the first 30 days. I doubt that DJI was going to have a fix in the next 30 days.
2018-9-15
Use props
Tridiver
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4459344 ft
  • >>>

Just get them, they kickass!!!
2018-9-15
Use props
MickTabs
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Guys, I need some help, just got my Goggles RE and the Mavic zoom 2 updated all firmware etc, connected my iphone X to the controller turned the mavic on and then turned my goggles on, lovly clear connection upto 200 yards then it starts to freeze and i lose signal, it seems to disrupt the controller a little  but when i power down my goggles the signal on the controller comes back.  Not sure why this is happening can anyone assist.  PS i dont have it setup as a beginner    
2018-9-15
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576952 ft
Canada

MickTabs Posted at 2018-9-15 17:18
Hi Guys, I need some help, just got my Goggles RE and the Mavic zoom 2 updated all firmware etc, connected my iphone X to the controller turned the mavic on and then turned my goggles on, lovly clear connection upto 200 yards then it starts to freeze and i lose signal, it seems to disrupt the controller a little  but when i power down my goggles the signal on the controller comes back.  Not sure why this is happening can anyone assist.  PS i dont have it setup as a beginner

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!! IT IS SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!! I have the mavic 2 zoom and I lose signal with the RE goggles at around 1000 m, then i just disconnect the goggles and the signal returns perfectly fine with the controller alone. I have the antenna plugged into the goggles and still it cuts off no matter what. I even took it to an area with no interference, yet still, the DJI Goggles RE lost range with the magic 2 zoom again at around 1km. Anyone with any solutions?
2018-9-17
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576952 ft
Canada

covpack Posted at 2018-9-15 05:49
I had to return my white goggles.  At first I was only getting to about 500 feet out without having signal problems. I was also having signal issues flying low at any altitude when obstacles got in the way, i.e. flying down into small ravines sometimes less than 200 feet away.  The DJI rep told me to reinstall the firmware, which I did. It helped, but now I got out to about 1000 feet before having problems, which was sometimes complete signal loss. It never fixed the low flying signal issue. Under ideal condition, where I was out in the country with no other electronics nearby, I might get comparable distance as my other drone, the Mavic Air, sometimes.  I did notice, that the goggles tended to have the same signal problems at the same point as the Mavic Air.  However, the Mavic Air could always fly through the interference, sometimes, while the goggles attached to the Mavic 2 could not, complete signal loss. The Mavic 2, when not connected to the goggles, wouldn't show any problems at these points.   The final issue was the camera resolutions. I was unable to view the goggles in HD (1080) and keep 4K. The goggles turn the on board camera recording down to 1080 at 30 fps.  So forget 4K or even 1080 at 60 or 120 fps. Setting he goggles to 720 was suppose to resolve this issue.  The goggle view in 720 or even HD was horrible. Felt I was looking at a poor 640X480 video. I got a better view by just moving my head closer to the smart phone attached to my controller.   I think DJI has to do some serious firmware updates so that they work better with the Mavic 2 before I would recommend.  However, I think they might have to completly redesign the goggles to be more in line with the Mavic 2 technology. I could wait it out and hope that DJI does that fix. However, I purchased my goggles through Amazon, and they have a hassle free return policy for the first 30 days. I doubt that DJI was going to have a fix in the next 30 days.

I HAVE THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!! IT IS SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!! I have the mavic 2 zoom and I lose signal with the RE goggles at around 1000 m, then i just disconnect the goggles and the signal returns perfectly fine with the controller alone. I have the antenna plugged into the goggles and still it cuts off no matter what. I even took it to an area with no interference, yet still, the DJI Goggles RE lost range with the magic 2 zoom again at around 1km. Anyone with any solutions?
2018-9-17
Use props
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1315404 ft
United Kingdom

Georgedaoud Posted at 2018-9-17 10:39

Same problem for me too.  Asked for advice help on these forums but will open a support case direct with DJI in a day or two - my goggles are completely unusable beyond 200m.
2018-9-17
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

My bundle gets delivered Wednesday,  I'm starting to regret not waiting until the kinks were all taken out! Thinking about canceling!!!
2018-9-17
Use props
MickTabs
lvl.1
Australia

Yea it’s super frustrating, 200 yards seems to be the common theam the re goggles just won’t get past this, as mentioned above Tuen them off and just use the phone and controller and I get massive range.  Other smaller issue with the goggles is the focus, I think I can fix this with some reading glasses but I don’t normally need them, it’s just I have read a lot of people need them when useing the goggle re, very strange.  DJI please sort the range issue out this is very disappointing.
2018-9-18
Use props
Seymour Clouds
lvl.3
United States

Thank you for this thread.  I will definitely wait until dji works out the issue before i purchase the goggles.  Just out of curiosity, has anyone found race goggles perform better in long range situations?
2018-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules