Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Newbie question on Activation
806 9 2018-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phill993
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26040 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, Thanks for the very informative forum. Apologies if these questions have been asked before, I couldnt find anything directly relevant on a cursory search ...

I just purchased an 'as new' Mavic Pro combo from Amazon Warehouse deals. Looks brand new, no signs of use at all. It connects directly to the App ok and hasnt asked to be 'Activated' so I guess that the previous owner has done this.  As it has been previously activated against a different email address are there things I am missing out on? Will I be able to get logs etc of the drone or are they stored/accessed on the cloud against the previously registered email? Also wasnt able to get DJI Care package, as it said it had already been taken out. Guess the crux of the question is am I disadvantaging myself significantly by buying 'used'?

Waiting for the wind to drop to get the bird in the air, might be sometime with the storms heading our way from the USA!

2018-9-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You won’t be able to access flights made by another user, unless you have his password and email. And he won’t be able to access yours.
Once aircraft is activated, you are ready to fly, I think State Farm in US seems to be the best form of insurance and the best value for drones, check them out , not sure if they are available in your state.
2018-9-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello Phill, generally, one unit can only be activated once. If the unit has been activated before, you may use your DJI Account to fly directly. Just as Hallmark 007 mentioned, the others cannot access your flight records without your account and password. For DJI Care Refresh, it will not be available if the unit has been bound with DJI Care Refresh before, you may check it from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage If not and the unit works well, you may submit the video verification from here for further assistance: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2018-9-15
Use props
Picanoc Jack
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10318117 ft
Canada

my advice to you is do get some sort of insurance.
2018-9-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Only your own logs once connected to your device on your DJI profile/account. All previous logs will only be seen by the previous owner on his/her device.
2018-9-15
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

While it's true that you will not be able to access the TXT flight logs from the other mobile devices used to fly your Mavic Pro, you can review the DAT flight logs stored on the Mavic Pro. They can be retrieved like this and viewed using DatCon or CsvView.
2018-9-15
Use props
Phill993
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for all feedback, looks as though I wont really be missing out on too much by not having activated the Mavic myself as I am only really interested in the flight data I create.

Got my first flight in yesterday. Wow what an awesome bird!
2018-9-16
Use props
Phill993
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-15 01:58
You won’t be able to access flights made by another user, unless you have his password and email. And he won’t be able to access yours.
Once aircraft is activated, you are ready to fly, I think State Farm in US seems to be the best form of insurance and the best value for drones, check them out , not sure if they are available in your state.

Thanks for the info, got public liability insurance but not accident/crash on he drone. Might try and take advantage of the dji upload service
2018-9-17
Use props
Phill993
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-15 02:03
Hello Phill, generally, one unit can only be activated once. If the unit has been activated before, you may use your DJI Account to fly directly. Just as Hallmark 007 mentioned, the others cannot access your flight records without your account and password. For DJI Care Refresh, it will not be available if the unit has been bound with DJI Care Refresh before, you may check it from here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage If not and the unit works well, you may submit the video verification from here for further assistance: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload

Thank you for the info, will follow up
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Phill993 Posted at 2018-9-17 08:51
Thank you for the info, will follow up

You are welcome. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!
2018-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules