Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Where are „roll“ and „tilt“ sticks?
7547 9 2018-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroPro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1134285 ft

Hi,
I can‘t find the roll and the tilt sticks on any picture of the remote control in the manual. I just read about „use the roll and tilt stick to ...“ in the intelligent flight modes. What‘s the roll stick and what‘s the tilt stick?

2018-9-15
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The manual is referring to using the right stick (in the default stick mode 2) to reposition the drone. It'll likely make more sense if you go outside and try repositioning your drone in the various flight modes.
2018-9-15
Use props
DroPro
lvl.3

msinger Posted at 2018-9-15 07:28
The manual is referring to using the right stick (in the default stick mode 2) to reposition the drone. It'll likely make more sense if you go outside and try repositioning your drone in the various flight modes.

Thanks. Maybe DJI can clarify. In the section Active Track/sub modes, you are saying:
... Use the roll stick and tilt stick on the remote controller to change the distance, and use the slider in DJI GO 4 to fly in a circle around the subject.
So what is the roll stick and what is the tilt stick? Sure, I can always try, but I'm not out for flying today, I though that maybe DJI know what they mean in the manual.
2018-9-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

This might help.

* Plus Pitch – Move Forward
* Minus Pitch – Move Backward
* Plus Yaw – Turn Right
* Minus Yaw – Turn Left
* Plus Roll – Move Right
* Minus Roll – Move Left
* Plus Throttle – Stand Taller
* Minus Throttle – Crouch
2018-9-15
Use props
DroPro
lvl.3

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-9-15 12:46
This might help.

* Plus Pitch – Move Forward

Thanks hallmark. So, pitch stick might be the right stick and roll stick might be the left stick on the remote control. Usually DJI pops in quickly when it comes to answering questions. I guess this time they don't because they don't know themselves
2018-9-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DroPro Posted at 2018-9-17 12:14
Thanks hallmark. So, pitch stick might be the right stick and roll stick might be the left stick on the remote control. Usually DJI pops in quickly when it comes to answering questions. I guess this time they don't because they don't know themselves

Yes that’s correct, but roll is also the right stick, so long as you are in mode 2, I ’m a bit surprised they don’t have similar diagrams in their manual, because if you need them to explain your log these are the terms the speak in.
2018-9-17
Use props
RicPDX
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35774 ft
  • >>>
United States

Some personal whining here from an ex-airplane pilot. Their language in the manual is atrocious. Drones don't perceptibly pitch or roll. The right stick (mode 2) moves them forward and back and "translates" left and right (a term I stole from NASA long ago do describe sideways motion. The left stick controls altitude and yaw. So roll=translate, pitch=forward/reverse; pan=yaw; throttle=-up/down.
2020-9-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

RicPDX Posted at 9-5 15:03
Some personal whining here from an ex-airplane pilot. Their language in the manual is atrocious. Drones don't perceptibly pitch or roll. The right stick (mode 2) moves them forward and back and "translates" left and right (a term I stole from NASA long ago do describe sideways motion. The left stick controls altitude and yaw. So roll=translate, pitch=forward/reverse; pan=yaw; throttle=-up/down.

Drones don't perceptibly pitch or roll.
The data disagrees with you.
You'll find that your drone does pitch and roll and the precise angles are recorded every 1/10th of a second in your recorded flight data.
But the gimbal movement is what makes the pitching and rolling imperceptible for the flyer.
If the drone didn't pitch, it would just hover rather than fly.
2020-9-5
Use props
djiuser_25aiGC3EIrVt
lvl.1

United States

I made this up because DJI uses different terms in their literature and don't show all the terms in one spot.  Hopefully this helps you or someone.

DroPro Posted at 2018-9-15 10:34
Thanks. Maybe DJI can clarify. In the section Active Track/sub modes, you are saying:
... Use the roll stick and tilt stick on the remote controller to change the distance, and use the slider in DJI GO 4 to fly in a circle around the subject.
So what is the roll stick and what is the tilt stick? Sure, I can always try, but I'm not out for flying today, I though that maybe DJI know what they mean in the manual.

2021-1-10
Use props
dbbrawner
New

United States

At last, a clear explanation!  Thank you.
2021-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules