Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrew EF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3151388 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Mavical Posted at 2018-11-30 10:09
Since it might be a while (or never) in regards to DJI putting out a fix on the widespread M2P to Goggles RE range issue, I am looking for suggestions or a hack to connect / hard wire the RC to the M2P

I already tried connecting from the USB port on the bottom of the RC to the micro HDMI port on the Goggles RE with no success.

Is the range issue with the goggles maybe caused by the bandwidth needed to provide the super high video quality from the Mavic 2 and the goggles PLUS your mobile device? This may cause a complete video break up on both devices?
I saw a video of someone using the goggles and no mobile device and they had no range issues.  Maybe that’s the answer.  I’m going to try this as soon as I get decent weather on a day off.  
2019-1-1
Use props
djiuser_Q4Hc6DWhAHwO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20843 ft
Australia

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-9-16 17:41
I had similar problems. Try to install the antenna, that was the thing that solved it for me.

Rblomqvist - -  So you are saying that you don't have any range issues when using the Goggles RE & Mavic 2 . . . I seriously doubt that as EVERYONE is . . . just not you  . . . really ????  The pagoda antennae is ONLY for analog signals on racing drones, it is NOT used on Mavic 2.
2019-1-13
Use props
djiuser_Q4Hc6DWhAHwO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20843 ft
Australia

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-9-17 03:29
That was my understanding as well, but after trying it, my conclusion is the antenna makes a big difference. Pls see this thread about this topic: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165790&page=1#pid1560011

The antennae makes a VERY small difference if any at all . . . DJI are grasping at straws.
2019-1-14
Use props
ScanDrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

djiuser_Q4Hc6DWhAHwO Posted at 1-13 23:57
Rblomqvist - -  So you are saying that you don't have any range issues when using the Goggles RE & Mavic 2 . . . I seriously doubt that as EVERYONE is . . . just not you  . . . really ????  The pagoda antennae is ONLY for analog signals on racing drones, it is NOT used on Mavic 2.

I was very surprised the antenna actually made any difference, I actually expected it not to. No clue why, but in my case it more than doubled the range just adding it the antenna (flew 4000+ ft). Since I’m usually fly w/o a spotter, I very rarely use the RE goggles so not sure if that good result is consistent. Based on all posts here I still believe DJI has issues with range that need to be sorted.
The idea having 2 video streams at the same time causing the issue sounds likely. Could be solved with DJI allowing users easily switching between device/goggles/both. Disappointed DJI takes such long time resolving the issue, especially since they sold it as a bundle (=you would expect it was well tested)
2019-1-14
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I also wish DJI would fix this issue with the RE goggles.  I had the same issue with my P4V2 when it 1st came out.  Limited range with RE goggles.  Not sure which firmware fixed it, the goggles or P4V2.  But it was fixed.  I tried the zoom with them this weekend and same
issue of limited range.  If I shut off re goggles range came back.  It seems like the goggles are connecting to the aircraft instead of the remote.  My concearn is that we have a hardware issue that was not discovered in early production runs and no firmware update will fix the issues. Can anyone confirm if the issue exists in recently manufactured RE goggles and Mavic 2 or Zooms?
2019-1-14
Use props
delsol95
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8186496 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gadget Guy Posted at 1-14 11:35
I also wish DJI would fix this issue with the RE goggles.  I had the same issue with my P4V2 when it 1st came out.  Limited range with RE goggles.  Not sure which firmware fixed it, the goggles or P4V2.  But it was fixed.  I tried the zoom with them this weekend and same
issue of limited range.  If I shut off re goggles range came back.  It seems like the goggles are connecting to the aircraft instead of the remote.  My concearn is that we have a hardware issue that was not discovered in early production runs and no firmware update will fix the issues. Can anyone confirm if the issue exists in recently manufactured RE goggles and Mavic 2 or Zooms?

In the Wireless Settings of the RE Goggles, change the channel from Dual to 2.4 GHz.  Change the settings in the Mavic 2 from Auto to 2.4GHz.  You should see a significant improvement.
2019-1-19
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7445200 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Received my DJI Googles RE today. The same problem.  Before that I could fly very far, also with a white DJI Google of a friend.   Loosing signal several times, engaged RTH many times.  The last time I couldn´t even cancel the RTH when the drone was 100m from me.  I recoverd the signal, landed manually and with the drone on the ground 2m from me, it lost signal againd.  

Latest firmware and app
2019-2-11
Use props
fans631a749c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35154 ft
Australia

So what we know so far:

1. With the original Mavic Pro (not Mavic 2) the Goggles connected to the REMOTE and signal was not an issue.  Everything was awesome.
2. With Mavic 2, the Goggles are connecting directly to the Aircraft, not via the remote.  Due to some kind of issue with the setup, the range is severely limited and I personally lose connection at less than 200m (<600ft)
3. Attaching the 5.8Ghz pagoda antenna to the goggles, which is meant for analog racing drones, helps a little bit.  But we are talking about going from terrible to horrible.  It's NOT worth talking about this any further.  Please stop suggesting this, it's just a distraction.
4. Turning the goggles off mid-flight, restores your connection because now your remote is talking directly to the aircraft, instead of your goggles.
5. It has been suggested that connecting the USB cable from the goggles to the USB port on the remote, may help.  You need to disconnect your phone and the cable your phone uses from the remote.  You must remove the cable from the port on the side of the remote, to be clear, in order for the bottom USB port to activate.  Anyone trying this pls post your results.
6. It has been suggested that forcing your goggles into 2.4Ghz mode, and also forcing the aircraft to 2.4Ghz mode will increase your range substantially. Anyone trying this pls post your results.

Thanks all.
2019-2-18
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Question for the group.

After many months of nudging DJI to address the range issue with the Goggle RE and Mavic 2 Pro, they have just asked me to send them back the unit so they can “replace the core board” *See attached email.

My question is this, before I send these Goggles all the way back to China, has anyone on here seen or know of anyone who owns a pair of the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 Pro who have not had an issue? Because it appears to me that everyone with this combo has the same exact issue, just wondering that if it’s a design flaw then sending them back would just be a waste of time.

Thanks

DJI Email.png
2019-3-3
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 652552 ft
Czechia

It is difficult for me to confirm your theory. I was in Greece last year (Crete) and my M2P was loosing the signal in 100-200 metres when RE were used.

After coming back home from Crete, I was able to fly uo to 4,5km. Generely I have filling the RE have affect the signal, but I did not do enought A/B tests to confirm it.

2019-3-4
Use props
mkr68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10774 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got back from Punta Cana and was using the Smart Controller and the Goggles RE and was having huge range issues. 500ft max distance line of sight. I also had on the Polar Pro Retractable landing gear and thought that was blocking the signal because they attach to the front antennas.  4/14/2019 is the day I had the issues. Need to email Polar Pro and tell them sorry.
2019-4-19
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

I have the same problem with both Mavic 2 and Googles RE with latest firmware.   In normal mode I can´t go further than 200m.   I have a great improvement setting both to 2.4.  But if want to furhter than 1km I have to turn the google off to regaign connection.  

It would be great if we could connect the google by USB-cable.  
2019-6-21
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

Good news!    
The googles do connect to remote by USB cable.   I will test if by wired connection the googles would not disturb the remote signal.  

With the drone off, I tried to connect a Phantom (just to forget the wireless conection with  the Mavic2).  Then I turned on drone and remote. The lateral USB cable must be NOT attached.  Then connect a long USB cable at the lower part of the remote to the googles.  It worked !  

I hope that, this way the Occusync of the googles will not be operanting and not disturbing the signal between the drone and the remote.

Let´s test it.
2019-6-21
Use props
EmilioCid
lvl.4
  • >>>
Brazil

EmilioCid Posted at 6-21 14:08
Good news!   
The googles do connect to remote by USB cable.   I will test if by wired connection the googles would not disturb the remote signal.  

Tested connection by cable.  It is worse than by occusync.  
2019-6-25
Use props
KrisK
lvl.1
United States

Arrgh, I just found this thread. I recently upgraded my Mavic Pro which worked great with the RE goggles to Mavic2 Pro. I am having same issue with the RE Goggles and Mavic2 Pro having range limited to 300-400ft. This is horrible. I am having same issue with both packaged remote and the new "Smart Remote". I wish I had kept my original Mavic Pro and not "upgraded". My whole enjoyment comes from flying FPV mode. This has ruined flying for me. DJI is there a fix yet? How about an upgrade to revert back to the old method of connecting to the controller?
2019-8-16
Use props
Simansky
lvl.1
Hungary

Hi All,

Are there any solution for this Goggles RE + Mavic 2 Pro signal lose problem?
2020-10-9
Use props
Simansky
lvl.1
Hungary

Hi All,

2020-10-9
Use props
JK JK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 652552 ft
Czechia

DJI is not willing solve it, there are so many bugs in M2 fw. I did many test and you can try following to a bit improve the signal when goggles are used.

1) Try ro use the pagoda antene if DUAL.mode ia used
2) Try to switch to 2,4GHz mode when goggles are connected
3) Buy HackDrone licence and switch your M2 to FCC with boost.
4) upgrafe to the latest FW670 that ectended signal range.

You can combine or use all above.

Have a nice fly wirh sh*t we bought for huge money with zero DJI support. :-(
2020-10-9
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Simansky Posted at 10-9 14:09
Hi All,

Yes there is a simple solution but you will lose head tracking.

Buy the SmartController use the HDMI out of the SmartController and connect to the HDMI in on the Goggles.

I have both M2 Zoom And Pro and 2 sets of white and RE goggles.

With the Goggles RE connected to the Aircraft I get about 150 Metres before the Signal is lost.

With HDMI you get as far as the remote or regulations will allow you to fly.

You also get to use the Goggles RE Or White with the SC and the Mavic Air 2 using HDMI.

2020-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules