Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-10-11
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

El Diablo Posted at 2018-10-11 04:51
Another worthless comparison... You are comparing different size lens elements. Physical lens dimensions play a role on the final image quality, let's get serious here for a moment. The Sony camera is 4 times the size of the Hasselblad module, it is obvious that there will be more space for cooling.

People should really stop zooming at 100-200% and start filming more with this wonderful flying camera. FoV is NOT 2.7K, the image quality is obviously worse because of the downsampling applied. Just ADD +1 in SHARPNESS IN POST AND YOU WILL GET 99% OF THE IMAGE IN HQ.

I successfully attached a Sony RX100 to my M2P with cello tape and twine. Let’s just say it neither flew well nor was I able to hit the shutter button.
2018-10-15
Use props
David Hardaway
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30764 ft
United States

I am terribly disappointed in M2P.  Every image no matter focus method aperture shutter speed iso.  Completely mushy everywhere.  most sample I see online are the same when you look at 100% image.

I have bought and sold many dji drones and taken losses on each one to get to the promised M2P "Haselblad" mavic.  Complete marketing scam and there is no firmware that can fix it.  its a bad lens sensor combo and crappy quality control.  most of my smear mush images lead me to believe that sensor and or lens alignment both are bad.

I am a photographer.  My P4P I could at least work with despite its very poor metering system....  I am SO ANGRY that I wasted my money on this and DJI just wants me to send it in so they can repair it.  Thats a joke.  Every single M2 P has the same exact issue.  A friend of mine bought one at the same time.  I was waiting on the announcement and bought it direct from DJI as soon as released based on my trust level and P4P experiences.  

Look at 100%.  Unbelievable mushy detail all over the image.  small screen viewing its not too noticeable but anything printed beyond 8x10 ...forget it.  Full screen 4k tv it shows easily.  Too much noise at iso 100 even on bright sunny days.

2018-11-26
Use props
David Hardaway
lvl.1
United States

David Hardaway Posted at 11-26 09:21
I am terribly disappointed in M2P.  Every image no matter focus method aperture shutter speed iso.  Completely mushy everywhere.  most sample I see online are the same when you look at 100% image.

I have bought and sold many dji drones and taken losses on each one to get to the promised M2P "Haselblad" mavic.  Complete marketing scam and there is no firmware that can fix it.  its a bad lens sensor combo and crappy quality control.  most of my smear mush images lead me to believe that sensor and or lens alignment both are bad.

I see they dont let 100% view on uploaded.  How convenient.  let me post to my website full sized I will add several that can be downloaded full resolution from my website.  I will keep adding to this as I test more.
click on image, then right bottom side click on square looking image box and select original to see full size

https://dhproservices.smugmug.com/Mavic-2-Pro/

2018-11-26
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

I guess I'd compare what a real professional camera costs as compared to the MP2. Not that cost is always the best tell tail but, its a pretty good indicator.

Quick google search says spending around $3000 can be expected for a professional  level camera. How then would i quintify what to expect if I was one to buy a $1500 drone that has a camera attached and how much professional quality imagery would i expect from the camera that comes with?

Considering the cost of the drone itself, say 2/3 the cost? So $500 for the camera........Does then this camera produce around a $500 level of quality?   IDK, I'm not a photographer but, it does seem to be close?   
2018-11-26
Use props
David Hardaway
lvl.1
United States

North Idaho Guy Posted at 11-26 10:26
I guess I'd compare what a real professional camera costs as compared to the MP2. Not that cost is always the best tell tail but, its a pretty good indicator.

Quick google search says spending around $3000 can be expected for a professional  level camera. How then would i quintify what to expect if I was one to buy a $1500 drone that has a camera attached and how much professional quality imagery would i expect from the camera that comes with?

That is an incorrect assumption regarding cost of the camera and a drone with camera.

DJI implied superior imaging by using  1inch sensor and Hasselblad. Anyone in photography knows that Hasselblad name implies quality imaging.

DJI needs to come clean on this and make replacements or suffer losing MANY customers once Autel gets the imaging system to higher standards. I will be first in line
2018-11-26
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why incorrect? Professional Hasselbald's easliy go for $50K and some change. I mean even the amazon Enty level "medium format"  Hasselblad DLSR camera is $25K (lists for $32K), geeeesh!...........I get what your saying about the name and its quality and I'm not against what you're sayn or even backing DJI..........NO but, the camera DJI put on their drone isn't going to be anywhere near that high of quality unless you paid for it, and that means IMO, you would have paid at least $10K at a minimum for that kind or anywhere close to that kind of high end quility imagery.

You/we paid around $1500 for a flying camera with a Hasselbald name plate , the drone attached to it is around $1000...........Personally, I guess I just wouldn't have expected too much simply from the economics of the price point regarless of anyones sales pitch, pretty web page layouts included.     
2018-11-26
Use props
David Hardaway
lvl.1
United States

North Idaho Guy Posted at 11-26 12:15
Why incorrect? Professional Hasselbald's easliy go for $50K and some change. I mean even the amazon Enty level "medium format"  Hasselblad DLSR camera is $25K (lists for $32K), geeeesh!...........I get what your saying about the name and its quality and I'm not against what you're sayn or even backing DJI..........NO but, the camera DJI put on their drone isn't going to be anywhere near that high of quality unless you paid for it, and that means IMO, you would have paid at least $10K at a minimum for that kind or anywhere close to that kind of high end quility imagery.

my note 8 samsung strapped to a drone would take better images.
2018-11-26
Use props
Flyer001
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2710571 ft
  • >>>
United States

Great video - lines up with my experiences with the M2P and P4P2
2018-11-26
Use props
kd_sudarwika
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1609678 ft
  • >>>
Indonesia

Thanks for this test. Really help. sorry OOT, actually I'm still upset with the answer from DJI support. I have a problem with the mavic air, several times it landed by itself (you can see my post) this happened several times.

the funny thing on email is
me: but how will the video recording stop when the aircraft lands/rth or loses the signal?
(The video recording will be interrupted when this problem arrives. Some people tells this normal, the signal is lost 20m and landing. However, the umpteenth time it lands even with a distance over than 60m, the signal condition is normal)
dji: that's normal. Video recording or flight "record" will be stop when the signal is lost
me: oh. no problem. thx
(I finally decided to close the matter unilaterally)
they will never help I thought. my email is replied by lots of dji support with different names with various answers not the same as each other.

they lie? I don't think so.
may not record full with 4k resolution. i think. I plan to buy M2Z in the next few months, but I'd better think of Phantom 4 instead.
2019-1-13
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

M2P arriving today with the smart controller.  Already purchased the Goggles RE.  Sounds like I'm going to be disappointed and returning the product if they are truly only using half the sensor.  Yes, I expected the M2P to produce photos at or better than the P4P.  Smoke and Mirrors?  We'll see.  It was a M2P or a Typhoon H Plus with the one inch sensor, already have a P4P.  Did I make the wrong choice? Maybe.
2019-2-28
Use props
Arthuar
lvl.1
Italy

I follow the thread, just ordered yesterday the M2P.
2019-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules