Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
orientation off
850 4 2018-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dan110645
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1315436 ft
  • >>>

While flying my M2P this morning I saw that when the drone was facing directly away from me the orientation on both the map and the radar screen in the lower left corner of the go 4 app was off about 20 to 25 degrees to the left.  Can anyone tell me what causes this and how to fix it.  I tried calibrating the compas 3 different times and it did not fix it.  By the way I was flying in a wide open field with no metal objects any where near me.  
2018-9-15
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Does the same thing happen when flying with a different mobile device? If not, try calibrating the compass on your mobile device.
2018-9-15
Use props
rparge
lvl.4
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

I could never get my old Android devices to accurately display this info w/o constantly calibrating the compass. I switched to an iOS device, and it is spot on all the time now.
2018-9-15
Use props
Dan110645
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1315436 ft
  • >>>

Hey Captain,  Thank you so much for the reply, YOU WERE SPOT ON.  This has been driving me crazy for some time.  I went on you tube and found an easy way to calibrate my iPhone 7 plus compass did it, went out for a test and the orientation was perfect.  Thank you again so much !!!  I normally fly all my dji drones with a 7.85 ultra bright Crystal Sky and I love it.  Can't wait for dji to make it compatible with the M2P.  I am 73 years old and my eyes are not what they used to be.  Anyway thanks again, you made my day !!

2018-9-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Dan110645 Posted at 2018-9-15 16:33
Hey Captain,  Thank you so much for the reply, YOU WERE SPOT ON.  This has been driving me crazy for some time.  I went on you tube and found an easy way to calibrate my iPhone 7 plus compass did it, went out for a test and the orientation was perfect.  Thank you again so much !!!  I normally fly all my dji drones with a 7.85 ultra bright Crystal Sky and I love it.  Can't wait for dji to make it compatible with the M2P.  I am 73 years old and my eyes are not what they used to be.  Anyway thanks again, you made my day !!

Nice to hear that you're able to find it out. If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back. Thanks!
2018-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules