Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Caught a guy Flying a Yuneec in Arches National Park
12Next >
2949 78 2018-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Saboken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97224 ft
United States

Since theirs so many people rooting for this guy maybe someone will contact the rangers anonymously do the right thing people this is exactly what hurts the hobby

2018-9-15
Use props
Steve1503
lvl.4
Flight distance : 89104 ft

Not sure if tatteling helps or hurts our cause.
2018-9-15
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft

At the way you approached him, I would have told you to f**k off also I think. It is always better to talk nice to people instead of being "agressive" to them. I think if you just informed him that it is illegal to fly and that he could get fined he would have taken it down...
2018-9-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Agreed - you're approach was totally inappropriate: aggressive, authoritarian (without any authority) and utterly offensive.  BTW - recording these people and publishing their profiles on a global forum without their consent makes you no better...
2018-9-15
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-9-15 13:24
Agreed - you're approach was totally inappropriate: aggressive, authoritarian (without any authority) and utterly offensive.  BTW - recording these people and publishing their profiles on a global forum without their consent makes you no better...

Agree with you on that.  And spell check, he might need to turn it on too.
2018-9-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lonesome Crow Posted at 2018-9-15 13:29
Agree with you on that.  And spell check, he might need to turn it on too.

2018-9-15
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>

Sounds like someone was more jealous than really worried about our hobbie lol! Whenever I see someone flying where they're not supposed to I think to my self "what an idiot", but then I mind my own business. There are authorities that should be on the lookout for these things, not my job.
2018-9-15
Use props
jimmylee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 367352 ft
  • >>>

He is not bothering anyone getting some quick videos. Need to mind your own business,

The complaining jealous people are the reason we cannot fly in many areas.
2018-9-15
Use props
Todd Harper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180669 ft
United States

Not the first and probably not the last. As much I wish that people would observe the rules, just go for a ride down any street or hwy and count the number of people with driver's licences, breaking the rules.
2018-9-15
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

so he was in a massive national park with no one around no buildings no people, i would have just flown there also and definitely told you to f..k of and mind your own business. who did you think you were talking to a complete stranger like that some kind of drone policman !! and we have our fair share of those within this hobby :/
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

bomberuk Posted at 2018-9-15 14:53
so he was in a massive national park with no one around no buildings no people, i would have just flown there also and definitely told you to f..k of and mind your own business.

Guess your one of those hurting our hobby? And there were a lot of people around he was breaking every rule! Flying over people I counted at least a dozen people bitching at him! That park is always crowded the camping is reserved 6+ months in advanced!
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

jimmylee Posted at 2018-9-15 13:56
He is not bothering anyone getting some quick videos. Need to mind your own business,

The complaining jealous people are the reason we cannot fly in many areas.

It's not jealousy it's breaking laws hurting it for everyone else! I did fly all of my Drones from outside the 6 NPs I visited this guy is the reason one day there will be a NFZ set so far outside these parks the battery won't last long enough to get close enough to get any good photos or video!
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-9-15 13:24
Agreed - you're approach was totally inappropriate: aggressive, authoritarian (without any authority) and utterly offensive.  BTW - recording these people and publishing their profiles on a global forum without their consent makes you no better...

So all the video he was recording is ok in a NFZ my dashcam is perfectly legal and yes I am law enforcement but I had no authority inside the NP!
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

I guess this hobby is screwed because nobody cares about the rules and laws they are only going to get worse until you can't fly them
2018-9-15
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Saboken Posted at 2018-9-15 14:59
Guess your one of those hurting our hobby? And there were a lot of people around he was breaking every rule! Flying over people I counted at least a dozen people bitching at him! That park is always crowded the camping is reserved 6+ months in advanced!

have  you seen the adverts  for dji drones and your telling me they  dont break the rules, flying over conjested areas like citys, got to be having a laugh m8, have a go at them instead, i fly where i think its safe to do so and a national park in a desert is ok my book
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

Asainz320 Posted at 2018-9-15 13:40
Sounds like someone was more jealous than really worried about our hobbie lol! Whenever I see someone flying where they're not supposed to I think to my self "what an idiot", but then I mind my own business. There are authorities that should be on the lookout for these things, not my job.

That's the issue today nobody says anything and people just keep breaking laws because they have no fear! Most Snowflake today don't have the balls to put someone in there place! They just burry there face in Facebook and pretend it's reality all 1000000 friends they think they have but will never meet
2018-9-15
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Saboken Posted at 2018-9-15 15:04
I guess this hobby is screwed because nobody cares about the rules and laws they are only going to get worse until you can't fly them

Which Yuneec drone was it? Typhoon h or q 500?

I have a q 500+

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-9-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

have to be selective and pick your battles....approached the situation with authority of coarse someone going to tell you to f**ck off..  and you deserve it.  approach the situation more open and understanding, maybe even come over as a fellow drone pilot yourself and be friendly, see what he is doing...chances are if your friendly he will show you his screen, you can see if he is disrupting anything or just enjoying nature and beauty of it from the sky.  

if the guy was swooping over people or chasing animals, report him..  but if he minded his own business and capturing the beauty of it all, leave him to it.  not everyone that breaks the rules is doing it for the wrong reasons!  

2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

bomberuk Posted at 2018-9-15 15:08
have  you seen the adverts  for dji drones and your telling me they  dont break the rules, got to be having a laugh m8 i fly where i think its safe to do so and a national park in a desert is in my book

The park had a line miles long to get in it was far from empty! He was flying in a parking lot not a isolated area! And the adverts don't mean anything DJI drones WILL NOT TAKE OF IN A NFZ period unless they are hacked! They keep pushing FW updates each time someone hacks it!
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-15 15:09
have to be selective and pick your battles....approached the situation with authority of coarse someone going to tell you to f**ck off..  and you deserve it.  approach the situation more open and understanding, maybe even come over as a fellow drone pilot yourself and be friendly, see what he is doing...chances are if your friendly he will show you his screen, you can see if he is disrupting anything or just enjoying nature and beauty of it from the sky.  

if the guy was swooping over people or chasing animals, report him..  but if he minded his own business and capturing the beauty of it all, leave him to it.  not everyone that breaks the rules is doing it for the wrong reasons!

Like I said there more than what you saw I spotted the drone from over a mile away because of what he was doing! He had no respect for anyone around him! I'm not going into detail but the rangers have all the video and want to find him because it wasn't a simple flight he was doing some really messed up things and in a agressive manner!
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 2018-9-15 15:09

Like I said there more than what you saw I spotted the drone from over a mile away because of what he was doing! He had no respect for anyone around him! I'm not going into detail but the rangers have all the video and want to find him because it wasn't a simple flight he was doing some really messed up things and in a agressive manner!
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-15 15:08
Which Yuneec drone was it? Typhoon h or q 500?

I have a q 500+

IDK I think it was a H I don't own one just 2 DJIs and a couple older ones o don't use anymore.
2018-9-15
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Saboken Posted at 2018-9-15 15:10
The park had a line miles long to get in it was far from empty! He was flying in a parking lot not a isolated area! And the adverts don't mean anything DJI drones WILL NOT TAKE OF IN A NFZ period unless they are hacked! They keep pushing FW updates each time someone hacks it!

do your research m8 just google phantom 3 advert for starters, oh that was before nfz,s so it was ok then was it to fly over people, didn't it hurt as much as it does now if it fell out of the sky lol there are always people around you just have to be careful not to fly over crowds.  ok your boring me now  mr drone policeman im of, i,ll let you have the last word like i do my little boy he normally shuts up after that  
2018-9-15
Use props
jimmylee
lvl.4
  • >>>

Saboken Posted at 2018-9-15 15:03
So all the video he was recording is ok in a NFZ my dashcam is perfectly legal and yes I am law enforcement but I had no authority inside the NP!

Well that explains your attitude for sure!

Try working with people, not against them.
2018-9-15
Use props
rolling56
Second Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

This is so stupid with people tattling on someone flying when it has nothing to do with them so let THEM get caught on their own. Seems a little childish to tell someone that crap.
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-9-15 15:23
This is so stupid with people tattling on someone flying when it has nothing to do with them so let THEM get caught on their own. Seems a little childish to tell someone that crap.

So it's ok for people to hurt the hobby for everyone just to get there Rocks off on everyone else's expense? Hmmm thats why the world is so screwed up today!
2018-9-15
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Lucky he didn't get his ass kicked!
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

jimmylee Posted at 2018-9-15 15:22
Well that explains your attitude for sure!

Try working with people, not against them.

I'm old school I don't take kindly to people blantenly hurting a hobby I have a lot of money invested into! All us baby boomers and Gen Xrs will be gone soon! I think today the  passive way of handling things is going to backfire imho not that it means anything today! What I saw from a distance was what got me pi$$ed the girls with him knew they started to walk away before I even rolled down my windows!
2018-9-15
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Saboken Posted at 2018-9-15 15:14

1.   well you didn't say he had no respect for anyone around him...  just mention he had no respect for you, and i can't blame him from your approach, very d*ckish...  you mentioned your part of law enforcement right?  this is one of the big reasons respect for law enforcement has taken a sh*t... the only approach you made towards the guy was very d*ckish...

2.  without any details of what he was doing, how do you expect us to side with you is another question i have.. all i know is he was flying his drone around.. and minding his own thus far.. and you seem your on emotional high horse..

3.  i find the most effective way to change behavior of someone like this,  would been to approached like a friend.. fellow drone pilot , you will get way further with someone like this guy by being friendly and curious.  once opened him up some, then remind him not supposed to fly here, but if he wants to shouldn't be so...reckless or whatever it is that triggered you... going straight to authoritative wont get you want you want..  may have right then and there packed it back up and shook your hand and left.. or changed direction and flew away from people and minding his own business and either way thats win win..

also side note, Dji hasn't pushed anti NFZ update in a long while, maybe never?... the database updates just that, database updates.. and while firmware updates do usually break the tools used, not intentional most of the time, usually broken because nature of the filesystem changes being made,
2018-9-15
Use props
GhostWolf010
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1118323 ft

What kind of law enforcement are you with that attitude? Hall monitor? Mall cop? If you get out in the real world sometimes you will see that especially with the younger people talking will work more then being rude. I guess you get your arse kicked a lot when you were a kid? You should try some relaxation practices... It is not like he is shooting someone right? He might be doing something illegal, and he might be doing something dangerous, we don't know, because you feel to good to tell us. But if you just kindly ASKED him to take the drone out, and explained him nicely why, everyone would be happy in the end
2018-9-15
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

I was all on this guys side until he started the snowflake remarks.
2018-9-15
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wow, as a Law enforcement officer all you had to do was show the guy your warrant/ID card and politely informed him he was breaking the Law. Guaranteed he would have landed his drone apologised, no issues. Sadly from the footage you posted you are the issue and confrontational and got butt hurt when he ignored you, you didn't tell him your were law enforcement, why ever not!  
2018-9-15
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>

Yeah dude... What side exactly are you on? And calling the rangers on him too?
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

Hedsic Posted at 2018-9-15 16:02
I was all on this guys side until he started the snowflake remarks.

Sorry to offend you but when you are in your later years you may change your opinion of the world I just hope with the path the world is on there is a future for our offspring!
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-15 16:10
Wow, as a Law enforcement officer all you had to do was show the guy your warrant/ID card and politely informed him he was breaking the Law. Guaranteed he would have landed his drone apologised, no issues. Sadly from the footage you posted you are the issue and confrontational and got butt hurt when he ignored you, you didn't tell him your were law enforcement, why ever not!

It’s illegal  to use your authority outside your jurisdiction!  Some may abuse there power or lack of! That’s why the rangers are there and sometimes they need help!
2018-9-15
Use props
jimmylee
lvl.4
  • >>>

Saboken Posted at 2018-9-15 15:01
It's not jealousy it's breaking laws hurting it for everyone else! I did fly all of my Drones from outside the 6 NPs I visited this guy is the reason one day there will be a NFZ set so far outside these parks the battery won't last long enough to get close enough to get any good photos or video!

You stated "If I can't fly you can't either" if that's not being jealous I don't know what is.

The fact that your prolonging this discussion and not admitting you approached the situation wromg
is showing what kind of character you are.
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

Mir Posted at 2018-9-15 16:13
Yeah dude... What side exactly are you on? And calling the rangers on him too?

I’m on my side! I have to much invested in my Equipment to let someone make the hobby more costly or restrictive! I don’t know what side your on? Unless you have a endless cash pile these acts are only going to cost us more in the end! Dji doesn’t put the NFZs in the Firmware free it cost money and resources to develop the software! And when the government starts requiring expensive licenses to fly! You can only thank those breaking the rules!
2018-9-15
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Saboken Posted at 2018-9-15 16:25
It’s illegal  to use your authority outside your jurisdiction!  Some may abuse there power or lack of! That’s why the rangers are there and sometimes they need help!

Watch your own video evidence fella, sit back and digest the scenario, now ask yourself what you would do if somebody approached you in that manor and didn't respect your right to being left alone by extensively another member of the public who approached you aggressively. Bear in mind you didn't identify yourself as law enforcement!

Nobody is saying the guy wasn't flying illegally, just your method of approach sucked, that's all.
2018-9-15
Use props
Saboken
lvl.2
United States

jimmylee Posted at 2018-9-15 16:27
You stated "If I can't fly you can't either" if that's not being jealous I don't know what is.

The fact that your prolonging this discussion and not admitting you approached the situation wromg

So if I obey the rules to hopefully keep the hobby less restrictive than it’s shoul be that’s jealousy?.. because I saw someone breaking those rules that everyone hopes would be lightened up if people can behave and obey the rules while they work on a policy to fly in the now restricted areas! From the responses I have seen I don’t think the government is ever going to work in the hobby’s favor! Not with all the what they don’t know additude they do see it it’s just they can’t catch them so the reports of these infractions build up and are never going to work in our favor!
2018-9-15
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

Saboken Posted at 2018-9-15 16:23
Sorry to offend you but when you are in your later years you may change your opinion of the world I just hope with the path the world is on there is a future for our offspring!

Im pushing 40 and I still think the snowflake thing is a lazy ass argument when someone cant think of anything better to come back with.
2018-9-15
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules