Mavic 2 focus goes in and out
1582 17 2018-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phil Brinkman
lvl.2
United States

Anyone else having a problem with their Mavic 2 Pro (Hasselblad) camera's focus working perfectly on one mission and then absolutely failing on another? I'm not talking about soft corners; I mean going completely blurry whether in autofocus or manual focus. The first time it happened I reset the gimbal and recalibrated the IMU. That didn't help, so I restored the factory defaults. The photos I took in my backyard were perfect. The next morning, I drove across town and nothing would work; not tapping the screen in autofocus, not moving the slider in manual. Reset the drone to the factory settings again, drove back, it worked perfectly again. Then put the drone back in the car -- didn't even fold it up, just powered it off -- and launched again at a nearby site 9 minutes later and it was back to blurry. I'm in conversation with DJI and it's looking like we may be doing a return. But before I do, just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing anything similar.

2018-9-15
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Question: When it goes blurry, is everything blurry from close-up to far away?  

Re-phrased: When it goes blurry, is anything in focus?  

(You made need to setup a test shot where there are numerous objects ranging from very close to far away).
(Might be able to use a long tape measure at slanted angle with MP2 trying to focus on middle of tape measure, to see if entire tape is out of focus or focus is before or after middle.)

2018-9-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude, it might be the APP. Delete then reinstall fresh!
2018-9-15
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude, most likely the app. Nothing to do with IMU and Gimbal. It is a software issue. Just delete the app, then reinstall fresh!
2018-9-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sorry about the issues you are facing with the aircraft's focusing feature. I'd like to ask what is the mobile phone or tablet you used to download the app? Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the app as well? Would it be possible to send us a sample photo of the issue you are having with? We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-9-16
Use props
Phil Brinkman
lvl.2
United States

Okay, I'll try reinstalling the app. But a.) how does that affect what the drone itself actually is seeing and capturing? and b.) is this a known fix and, if so, how are people supposed to know that?

DJI Gamora, I'm using an iPhone 6s with iOS 11.4.1.

And HedgeTrimmer: It's everything. Nothing is in focus. Here's a sample:
2018-9-16
Use props
Phil Brinkman
lvl.2
United States

Reinstalled the app. No change.
2018-9-16
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Search the forums, another user was having this issue. Dji advised him to send it back for inspection, but I want to say he reinstalled firmware using the Dji Assistant software and it corrected the issue. I may be misremembering this, however.
2018-9-16
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

You could try turning afc off in options and leave af on, bind center focus to c2. See if it focuses like that.

There's the focus button on the upper right too. Just as a way to eliminate things. It should focus correctly outside of afc.
2018-9-16
Use props
Phil Brinkman
lvl.2
United States

Thanks. Yeah, tried all of those. It’s not that it occasionally has trouble focusing; it’s that it occasionally won’t focus at all, no matter what I do. Only thing that seems to work is resetting to the factory defaults, not something I can do in the field. And even then, the fix only works for one flight.
2018-9-16
Use props
fansc8c1600f
lvl.1

Stesso problema sul mio Mavic 2 pro l'ho inviato a DJI in Olanda ancora senza risposta
2018-10-20
Use props
fansc8c1600f
lvl.1

Phil Brinkman

the problem on your Mavic has been solved?
2018-10-20
Use props
fansc8c1600f
lvl.1

42/5000
the problem on your Mavic has been solved?
2018-10-20
Use props
fansc8c1600f
lvl.1

Phil Brinkman, pubblicato alle 2018-9-16 11:26
Grazie. Sì, ho provato tutti quelli. Non è che occasionalmente ha problemi di messa a fuoco; è che occasionalmente non si concentra affatto, non importa quello che faccio. L'unica cosa che sembra funzionare è il ripristino delle impostazioni predefinite di fabbrica, non qualcosa che posso fare sul campo. E anche allora, la correzione funziona solo per un volo.

il problema sul tuo Mavic è stato risolto?
2018-10-20
Use props
fansc8c1600f
lvl.1

Same problem on my Mavic 2 pro I sent it to DJI in the Netherlands still unanswered
2018-10-20
Use props
Phil Brinkman
lvl.2
United States

fansc8c1600f: Yes, I wrote to DJI and they asked me to return it for an exchange. New Mavic 2 seems to be functioning perfectly, and I have not encountered this problem again.
2018-10-23
Use props
fans30ba0a80
lvl.1

Canada

I have that exact problem with the Hasselbad camera on my Mavic 2 Pro
2021-8-1
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44914321 ft
Sweden

fans30ba0a80 Posted at 8-1 06:28
I have that exact problem with the Hasselbad camera on my Mavic 2 Pro

Normally if not in focus I tap the centre of the screen, I see the focus coming good and get a green square in the middle confirming it is in focus. Have you tried this?
2021-8-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules