Gimbal Yaw Off Centre
2113 3 2018-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pequod.
lvl.2
Australia

The camera on my M2P is ever so slightly yawed to the left on startup and when reset to the centre.
Am I missing something or is there no yaw offset for the gimbal?

Calibration was done on a surface confirmed to be level (Bosch GLM80C).

2018-9-15
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. Sorry for the hear about having an issue with the gimbal of your aircraft.  If the gimbal cannot perform the self-check and does not work after powering on, I'd like to ask to export the gimbal logs from DJI Assistant 2. If the file size of the log is 0 kb, it indicates that there is no gimbal firmware, and there may be an error with the software. Then it needs the aircraft to send back for repair. If the file size of the log is larger than 0 kb, there may be an error with the hardware.  If the gimbal moves upward and downward once and becomes powerless during the self-check, The gimbal's advance calibration data is erased, and there may be an error with the software that needs to pay attention by sending back in. If you can provide a screenshot of the aircraft or a video clip before we can jump to a conclusion that needs to send back in. We're here to help you. Thank you.  

2018-9-16
Use props
Pequod.
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-16 03:22
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. Sorry for the hear about having an issue with the gimbal of your aircraft.  If the gimbal cannot perform the self-check and does not work after powering on, I'd like to ask to export the gimbal logs from DJI Assistant 2. If the file size of the log is 0 kb, it indicates that there is no gimbal firmware, and there may be an error with the software. Then it needs the aircraft to send back for repair. If the file size of the log is larger than 0 kb, there may be an error with the hardware.  If the gimbal moves upward and downward once and becomes powerless during the self-check, The gimbal's advance calibration data is erased, and there may be an error with the software that needs to pay attention by sending back in. If you can provide a screenshot of the aircraft or a video clip before we can jump to a conclusion that needs to send back in. We're here to help you. Thank you.

I'll check the Gimbal Logs tonight.

Notice the gimbal yaws and rolls when moving from down to horizontal, then starts to revert back when pushed to it's +30° position, this makes sense if we assume the downward and +30° position is fixed and not affected by calibrated offsets, and that the yaw and pitch offset at horizontal is linearly applied until horizontal is reached (then subtracted again when moving to +30°)

Bit makeshift but I used a laser line to mark the centre line of the AC to confirm it was infact off centre.

I've been in contact with Liam through DJI Support and have gone through all the standard troubleshooting steps.

After Gimbal Up/Down

After Gimbal Up/Down

Test Setup

Test Setup
2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Pequod. Posted at 2018-9-16 14:11
I'll check the Gimbal Logs tonight.

https://youtu.be/Wx00vYZFL9k

Hi, thanks for the video verification. It looks like it really needs to send into our repair center. Please contact support@dji.com for further assistance. Thank you.
2018-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules