7065 46 2018-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cap7ainclu7ch
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41683 ft
United States

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... /page-4#post-549807

Pretty scary how many others are reporting similar problems.
2018-9-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Do you really believe there are that many people running into these issues? What do you think... maybe .0001 percent of all Mavic 2 owners?

There are going to be issues with any product sold to masses of people. It's not a unique issue for DJI products.

2018-9-16
Use props
cap7ainclu7ch
lvl.2
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-9-16 10:23
Do you really believe there are that many people running into these issues? What do you think... maybe .0001 percent of all Mavic 2 owners?

There are going to be issues with any product sold to masses of people. It's not a unique issue for DJI products.

I do honestly believe that this launch is one of the worst in recent history.  There are many people with gimbal problems and now we have units dropping out of the sky.  These aren't small glitches.  And nobody can guess what the percentage is without having access to DJI's support numbers (that we will never get), however you can extrapolate from a random internet thread that has a bunch of people posting the same problem within a few weeks of launch that there is indeed at least a solid percentage having game ending problems right now.

It's one thing for an iPhone to have a bad speaker or something, its another to have an aircraft falling out of the sky.  You wouldn't be talking like that about a real plane or helicopter.  Safety is paramount and we can't be okay with even a small percentage of these just dropping randomly.  

Also do be clear I'm not a DJI or M2P hater, I loved mine and can't wait to purchase another one, but I won't buy until I'm confident in the reliability.  I'm already aware of them working on packaging them differently to protect the gimbal better during shipping (confirmed by a DJI support rep) and I'm sure they are already analysing these crashing incidents and coming up with an engineering solution.

2018-9-16
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

cap7ainclu7ch Posted at 2018-9-16 11:23
You wouldn't be talking like that about a real plane or helicopter.  Safety is paramount and we can't be okay with even a small percentage of these just dropping randomly.  

Most unmanned aircraft are not able to safely land when the props stop like on manned aircraft, so that dream of a 100% no crash rate is nothing but a pipe dream. This is why the FAA (and law in other countries) have rules that  prohibit potentially dangerous activities like flying over unprotected people. If pilots are operating their drones in a safe manner, then these rare cases of drones dropping out of the sky (due to a defect or pilot error) shouldn't be endangering lives.
2018-9-16
Use props
cap7ainclu7ch
lvl.2
United States

Never said I expect 100% no crash rate, they are obviously going to crash for some reason or another, however it seems like there is a specific problem which is causing more issues than normal with this specific model.  As I said it's already been confirmed that DJI is aware of the gimbal issues and I'm sure they are also aware of these crashes.  They don't want these falling out of the sky, user confidence is a MASSIVE component of the business and its why they have put so much effort into safety features (lots of redundant systems, extra sensors, etc).  I don't remember seeing so many people posting such severe problems for previous models.  
2018-9-16
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Sorry to hear about the accident. I can only imagine how that must have felt to watch it fall like that. Hopefully it's a favorable decision on DJI's behalf and they have you with a new replacement under warranty in no time.
2018-9-17
Use props
TJ McQN
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1313301 ft
United States

My Mavic 2 Pro was also acting strange. I was taking pics of storm clouds that were miles away. I was straight up in the clear when I noticed the camera settings were not changing as I set them. I decided to bring it down to check it out. It came down fast. I managed to slow it down but when I went to land it from around 6 feet up it came down hard. It flew back up and I grabbed it and turned it on it’s side but it didn’t turn off. I held it while the props were spinning and tried the sticks in and together and stIll kept on like it wanted to fly away. Finally it turned off but I was thinking I was going to be holding on until the battery died. I did a gimbal recalibration and test flew it again and all seemed ok but it was scary for a while there. Not sure what happened but hope it’s the last.
2019-8-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules