racing goggles
1265 25 2018-9-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
driverman930
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

Are the new DJI racing goggles compatable with the spark?

2018-9-15
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Yes, it is.
2018-9-16
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-16 01:39
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Yes, it is.
[view_image]

Thanks for the info I think a pair is in my near future
2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

driverman930 Posted at 2018-9-16 07:47
Thanks for the info I think a pair is in my near future

Hi, Thanks for your response. For additional information. You could check our FAQ under DJI Goggles RE. Please refer to the image below.

2018-9-16
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

Yes they are.
2018-9-16
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
United States

All great news I am saving up as I type lol thanks
2018-9-16
Use props
JasonWallis
New
Australia

Hi guys, I'm new to the Spark but absolutely loving it, it's all about having fun. I used a mates set of Goggles RE the other day and was blown away with the clarity. I've been using FPV on analogue systems for a few years and have always been left wanting. With the DJI Goggles there is nothing left to want (other than slightly less lag). So now I looking at getting myself a set but can't afford the RE (like me mate) so am looking at the regular Goggles.

Before I pull the pin on a set of regular goggles I just want to check that they will deliver the same performance as the RE. I don't need analogue features and colour does not bother me, my main concern is the lag.

I understand that RE have a lower latency than the normal goggles but is that just because of the wireless OccuSync 2 that they use? With the Spark the goggles need to plug into the controller anyway (which I have no problems with) does that mean either set of goggles will have the same latency? Will I get same performance from regular goggles as RE goggles when used with Spark (or Mavic Air) because they receive signal via controller not directly?

Thanks in advance for your advice and wisdom.

Jas
2018-9-18
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I’m thinking of getting the goggles, but what’s the difference between re and normal goggles?
Same distance? Same quality picture? Or not?
Thanks all

Fly safely everyone
Alex
2018-9-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-19 15:17
I’m thinking of getting the goggles, but what’s the difference between re and normal goggles?
Same distance? Same quality picture? Or not?
Thanks all

The main difference is the analog (5.8) on the Re's and the color of course.
2018-9-19
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Woe Posted at 2018-9-19 17:36
The main difference is the analog (5.8) on the Re's and the color of course.

Ok, thanks. But can you please explain what advantages the 5.8 analog gives you.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-20 01:52
Ok, thanks. But can you please explain what advantages the 5.8 analog gives you.

Fly safely

it's only for racing drones, so no advantage flying dji products
2018-9-20
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Woe Posted at 2018-9-20 05:47
it's only for racing drones, so no advantage flying dji products

And still you have re googles

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-20 06:48
And still you have re googles

Fly safely

I also fly racers
2018-9-20
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Cool
I want to buy a racing drone, which one do you recommend?
I was thinking Eachine X220 or falcon 250, or Walkera furious 215 or 320 but too expensive
I heard also Emax ehawk 5 was good, but you need to buy a remote apart.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-20 07:29
Cool
I want to buy a racing drone, which one do you recommend?
I was thinking Eachine X220 or falcon 250, or Walkera furious 215 or 320 but too expensive

I purchased the dys elf, it's a micro racer, comes with remote and has a 300m range.
Great acro flyer, small enough to fly in doors, but powerful enough to fly in strong wind.
Order mine on Amazon for $129.
2018-9-20
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

Woe Posted at 2018-9-20 07:37
I purchased the dys elf, it's a micro racer, comes with remote and has a 300m range.
Great acro flyer, small enough to fly in doors, but powerful enough to fly in strong wind.
Order mine on Amazon for $129.

What’s the top speed?

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-20
Use props
cyrilfpv
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256004 ft
Switzerland

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-20 07:29
Cool
I want to buy a racing drone, which one do you recommend?

Get yourself a FrSky (e.g. Taranis X-Lite) remote controller, a cheap pair of goggles or a mask (on 5.8GHz) and a micro drone (2" or 3"). Before you start flying, spend a few hours on the sim (e.g. Velocidrone) in acro mode. I don't have a Babyhawk R myself but I only heard good things about it.

FPV with racers is a sooooo much more fun than flying any DJI drones You won't regret it!!!
2018-9-20
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

cyrilfpv Posted at 2018-9-20 11:34
Get yourself a FrSky (e.g. Taranis X-Lite) remote controller, a cheap pair of goggles or a mask (on 5.8GHz) and a micro drone (2" or 3"). Before you start flying, spend a few hours on the sim (e.g. Velocidrone) in acro mode. I don't have a Babyhawk R myself but I only heard good things about it.

FPV with racers is a sooooo much more fun than flying any DJI drones  You won't regret it!!!

Thanks. I want to get a really fast one though.
I’ve read Eachine falcon 250 can go 93 mph.
X220 does about 70.
What about the baby hawk r? How fast are those micro racers?

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-20
Use props
cyrilfpv
lvl.3
Switzerland

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-20 12:16
Thanks. I want to get a really fast one though.
I’ve read Eachine falcon 250 can go 93 mph.
X220 does about 70.

Learn to fly low, not fast. The speed feelings you'll get at 50 km/h one meter above the ground are much better than what you get at 200 km/h 50 meters high. All you will achieve flying at full throttle all the time is killing your batteries, plus you'll get a ridiculous fly time.

The Babyhawk is probably much faster than what you can handle already. Get something cheap and robust first, you'll crash often.
2018-9-21
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

cyrilfpv Posted at 2018-9-21 07:44
Learn to fly low, not fast. The speed feelings you'll get at 50 km/h one meter above the ground are much better than what you get at 200 km/h 50 meters high. All you will achieve flying at full throttle all the time is killing your batteries, plus you'll get a ridiculous fly time.

The Babyhawk is probably much faster than what you can handle already. Get something cheap and robust first, you'll crash often.

Ok thanks. Good to know that you can’t hold all the time full throttle like you can I DJI drones, otherwise you’ll burn the batteries. Yes I’ve been watching a lot regarding the subject. Race drone are waaay less sofisticated then camera drones.
I am going to buy eachinex220s for 214 euros on Banggood with remote.
Then I’ll get some 800d goggles and all set to go
We will see how that goes ;)

Fly safely
Alex
2018-9-21
Use props
cyrilfpv
lvl.3
Switzerland

Alex B. Posted at 2018-9-21 07:50
Ok thanks. Good to know that you can’t hold all the time full throttle like you can I DJI drones, otherwise you’ll burn the batteries. Yes I’ve been watching a lot regarding the subject. Race drone are waaay less sofisticated then camera drones.
I am going to buy eachinex220s for 214 euros on Banggood with remote.
Then I’ll get some 800d goggles and all set to go

Yes, those drones are made for fun and the focus is on the piloting skills. No GPS (except on long-range quads maybe) and most people don't even fly with the accelerometer, just the gyro (so no auto leveling, just acro mode). Even the cheapest racer you will find has a much higher power/weight ratio than a DJI drone. Both have completely different use though. E.g. a typical freestyle quad like the Eachine X220S has a fly time of 2-4 minutes.

I flew once a pack with a Eachine X220 and it was really ok for the price. Don't know about the X200S but for the price, you can't be wrong.
2018-9-21
Use props
Rotaryknight
lvl.2

United States

you can fpv race a spark also. Its easy to get a AIO fpv camera and just velcro it to the top plate of the spark with a small 300mah lipo. Cant do freestyle but its capable on its own with an analog video feed. I do it on my RC cars also.
2018-9-21
Use props
cyrilfpv
lvl.3
Switzerland

Rotaryknight Posted at 2018-9-21 10:07
you can fpv race a spark also. Its easy to get a AIO fpv camera and just velcro it to the top plate of the spark with a small 300mah lipo. Cant do freestyle but its capable on its own with an analog video feed. I do it on my RC cars also.

Yes, that's a good idea actually. Have you done it? Do you have video? Still I would invest in a cheap racing drone because the Spark is likely to explode on the first crash

Since we talk about FPV, here is one of my video. I included 2 shots done with my DJI Spark at the beginning and the rest is freestyle (uncut, one single lipo). The video is from a GoPro, what I see in the goggles is an analog feed from another camera on the drone. The quality of that feed is bad (low resolution and statics) but it has the strong advantage to have zero latency.

2018-9-21
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
United States

cyrilfpv Posted at 2018-9-21 10:22
Yes, that's a good idea actually. Have you done it? Do you have video? Still I would invest in a cheap racing drone because the Spark is likely to explode on the first crash

Since we talk about FPV, here is one of my video. I included 2 shots done with my DJI Spark at the beginning and the rest is freestyle (uncut, one single lipo). The video is from a GoPro, what I see in the goggles is an analog feed from another camera on the drone. The quality of that feed is bad (low resolution and statics) but it has the strong advantage to have zero latency.

cool video good thing I was sitting down or I would of got dizzy lol
2018-9-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

cyrilfpv Posted at 2018-9-21 10:22
Yes, that's a good idea actually. Have you done it? Do you have video? Still I would invest in a cheap racing drone because the Spark is likely to explode on the first crash

Since we talk about FPV, here is one of my video. I included 2 shots done with my DJI Spark at the beginning and the rest is freestyle (uncut, one single lipo). The video is from a GoPro, what I see in the goggles is an analog feed from another camera on the drone. The quality of that feed is bad (low resolution and statics) but it has the strong advantage to have zero latency.

Cool vid     
2018-9-22
Use props
cyrilfpv
lvl.3
Switzerland

Thanks to all!!! Some people don't like it. My wife feels bad when she watches this. I prefer to watch such video on a small screen (e.g. smartphone). I can guarantee you that the adrenaline rush is amazing when you fly with the goggles
2018-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules