Enhanced Warning Zone "green" obscures map.
361 1 2018-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

The green overlay for Enhanced warninig zones cannot be ignored to provide a clear map view.  I live in an area with overlapping EWZs so no map detail is really visible and they cannot be ignored according to DJI.

DJI sent one of their replys that makes little sense and offers no solution.

"Thank you for contacting DJI.

Deeply apologize have kept you waiting for a long time.
I am very sorry that the map display of the enhanced warning zone cannot be removed at this time. Please note that this situation will only appear in some special areas to show some areas with potential risks. We appreciate your kind understanding."

One gets an on screen warning that has to be checked off in the EWZ to begin with so obscuring the map doesn't help me be more aware of or mitigate any risk.

There is a risk in a regular Warning zone also that can be ignored, so the logic of this stance is not apparent to me.

How is one flying safer or with less risk with an obscured map?

2018-9-16
Use props
4wd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Agree it is most annoying.
Here a large rectangular green shape covers hundreds of square miles,  because about once a month a military training jet might be seen.
I know about those, since the green overlay doesn't indicate anything about which day they are about, it is of no use whatsoever.
A much greater risk is from occasional low flying helicopters.
2018-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules