Dangerous over exposure on Auto.
683 11 2018-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1315404 ft
United Kingdom

Anybody experience an issue with the camera massively over exposing to the point of not being able to actually see (never mind take photos)? It seems to occur when in auto mode - I have to switch to manual and back to auto for the exposure to sort itself..  I'm still trying to establish a pattern but exposure is generally OK until I hit record and which point the screen nearly goes white.?  Is this me being stupid? Hope it is!
2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there. thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern have you try to use an ND filter to avoid having a severe Overexposure or just use the Manual setting instead?
2018-9-16
Use props
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi - no filters used.  Issue occurs when using AUTO settings...  this isn't about perfecting a shot, it's about being able to see reasonably well.  I owned an original Mavic so know it's not normal. I look forward to your response.  Thanks.
2018-9-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Could you post a screenshot taken on your mobile device plus the corresponding actual footage from your SD card or internal storage? Until now to me this sounds to be more likely an issue of what you see on your display than what is actually recorded. Might be worth to verify in order to trace down the source of the problem. I am not referring to a possible malfunction of your mobile device but try to help determine whether it is app or hardware related.
2018-9-17
Use props
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks for the response - I'll do this tomorrow. I'd not thought about looking at the SD footage.
2018-9-17
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

YorkshirePaul Posted at 2018-9-17 13:21
Thanks for the response - I'll do this tomorrow. I'd not thought about looking at the SD footage.

Great, please report back and I hope the problem can be solved.
2018-9-17
Use props
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This maybe a user error (me) - however the weather has been too bad to test as yet.
2018-9-20
Use props
craftyt0ny
lvl.1
United States

I experienced the same issue yesterday. Auto had been working fine until then. The only change I know of was updating to the most recent version of the dji go 4 app. I switched to manual also and then it worked, but when I would switch back to auto it would over expose again. I haven't flow it since yesterday and was kind of hoping the issue would go away. Will definitely be following this thread closely!
2018-10-4
Use props
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
United Kingdom

The limited testing I’ve done leads me to think that at random times ‘auto’ restores previous manual  EV settings. I’ve not established a pattern as yet.  For example if I fly at night I use the 5 D button to increase EV, Next flight the following day  when sunny I take off on auto and all is good.. then randomly the previous manually set EV settings kick in and I can’t see a thing.
2018-10-4
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Has happened to me a few times and every time my EV got turned up without me even realizing it
2018-10-4
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

What is SOOOO dangerous about it.   

It is normal. It happens when you set up lets say a night shot and then turn off the AC and then the next morning it will have the same setting and then you won't be able to see of the high exposure, so you need to tap on AUTO and or adjust the settings manually.
2018-10-4
Use props
YorkshirePaul
lvl.2
United Kingdom

What’s so dangerous is if your flying outside of LOS ( yes I know) and it happens.

I’d accept it as normal but it’s the fact the exposure is fine for a while and then suddenly restores the previous manual EV settings.
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules