Color banding?
1301 5 2018-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
em-d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13235 ft

Hey everyone! I finally had the opportunity of flying my new Mavic 2 Pro but I noticed something my Mavic Air never did. Check the video (roof), is it normal? How can I fix those bands and prevent them?I shot it in 4K HQ normal color.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17_KYDQ3BbziqK3bF7OE7G2XQJ-jJQ88G/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks

2018-9-16
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

There is a bigger problem here. The video is completely out of focus and resolution is very low. Is this the cached video from your mobile device? Always take the original footage from the SD card or internal storage. And what you call "color banding" is the so called "Moiré" effect (look it up in Wikipedia or Google). Nothing much you can do about it as far as I know than filming from a different angle.
2018-9-16
Use props
em-d
lvl.1
Italy

Thank you Wachtberger! In that video I applied a 3,5x digital zoom in order to highlight the "problem".  The focus could be related to the fact that I did not apply any sharpness at all (?).. Anyway, I am very glad that Moiré effect is not related to the camera since M2P should be better that MA in that regard.
2018-9-16
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Compression is the most likely cause - 100mbps is good but hardly RAW @ 2,000mbps that you would typically need to stop this. When you notice this in the images it's best to yaw the drone from the angle of the sun but it will never totally disappear on these point and shoot cameras.
2018-9-16
Use props
em-d
lvl.1
Italy

Thank you A CW, next time I will try to shoot at different angles
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out, It seems normal since you zoom in, and nice to hear you're able to find it out, If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back.
2018-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules