3105 16 2018-9-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hgeurtsen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1218196 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

When flying in clear sky and reaching a horizontal speed of about 50 km/h (just over 30 miles/hour) my Mavic 2 Zoom repeatedly gives me an error "Obstacle Avoided. Revise Flight Route.". The drone stops immediately. I have to realease the throttle, then accellerate again to continue the flight. The error then occurs again when reaching 50 km/h again. Does anybody know whether this is something with the firmware of the Mavic 2 Zoom or is it something with my particular model?

This is a video showing the error:

Hans G.
2018-9-16
Use props
Parme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 508615 ft
Italy

That happened to me as well.

I'll have a look at the log files to see if there are more details (e.g. from which side the "obstacle" was detected)
2018-9-16
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>

I had the same errors with Mavic Air.  RTH and it kept stopping and then continuing. Never got a solution. Haven't had this with my Mavic 2 zoom yet. I think this is a over sensitive sensors software.   
2018-9-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience, Regarding this concern, I already escalate and forwarded this concern to our developer and waiting for the feedback for the possible cause of this concern, However. have you already tried to calibrate the sensor using the DJI Assistant 2? going back. Once I have the answer will get back here. Thanks!
2018-9-17
Use props
hgeurtsen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-17 10:28
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience, Regarding this concern, I already escalate and forwarded this concern to our developer and waiting for the feedback for the possible cause of this concern, However. have you already tried to calibrate the sensor using the DJI Assistant 2? going back. Once I have the answer will get back here. Thanks!

Thank you, Stephen. On your advice, I have calibrated the VPS sensors and it seems that solves the problem. Although I am not sure whether the conditions today were equal to earlier flights when I had the errors. But for now, I hope calibration resolved the issue!

Regards, Hans.
2018-9-17
Use props
DroPro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1134285 ft

In the manual it says:
Using the Forward and Backward Vision Systems, the aircraft can actively brake when detecting obstacles in front. The Forward and Backward Vision Systems work best with adequate lighting and clearly marked or textured obstacles. To allow for sufficient time to break, the aircraft should not fly more than 31 mph (50 kph) when flying forward or more than 27 mph (42 kph) when flying backward.
Maybe, the reason for the error message is that you are just going too fast.
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

hgeurtsen Posted at 2018-9-17 10:48
Thank you, Stephen. On your advice, I have calibrated the VPS sensors and it seems that solves the problem. Although I am not sure whether the conditions today were equal to earlier flights when I had the errors. But for now, I hope calibration resolved the issue!

Regards, Hans.

Nice to hear that, If you have any question or concern feel free to reach us back.
2018-9-17
Use props
hgeurtsen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DroPro Posted at 2018-9-17 12:12
In the manual it says:
Using the Forward and Backward Vision Systems, the aircraft can actively brake when detecting obstacles in front. The Forward and Backward Vision Systems work best with adequate lighting and clearly marked or textured obstacles. To allow for sufficient time to break, the aircraft should not fly more than 31 mph (50 kph) when flying forward or more than 27 mph (42 kph) when flying backward.
Maybe, the reason for the error message is that you are just going too fast.

Good suggestion, you might be right, thank you. Although yesterday after calibration I also flew just above this speed without any issues. Note this is about the speed on full throttle in positioning mode, it’s not sport mode. If this is the issue, it would be nice if DJI limited the speed in P mode to just below these limits to prevent you from accidentally braking when making a shot.
2018-9-17
Use props
IvaN ThE GreaT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1882618 ft
Hong Kong

I also got that problem both day and light time.
2018-9-18
Use props
LEO G NYC
lvl.1
United States

Hello DJI and group, I have the same issue,  I calibrated the sensors and still the same issue, is this a software issue? have any of you fixed the issue?

Thank you
2018-11-19
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

LEO G NYC Posted at 11-19 07:54
Hello DJI and group, I have the same issue,  I calibrated the sensors and still the same issue, is this a software issue? have any of you fixed the issue?

Thank you

Did this happen when you were flying towards the sun?  

If so, that is a common problem.  Its just like us driving into the sun where we've got to shade our eyes to be able to see.  The aircraft's sensors can also get blinded by the sun.

2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

I still vote for a radio button in the settings for a 'Auto OFF collisions sensor"  that when enabled ... will turn off ALL collision sensors once flying 20' above the 'hard deck' that you have set as the RTH failsafe altitude as there should be nothing to hit there.  then auto re-enable once at or below hard deck..

done..

2018-11-19
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

KlooGee Posted at 11-19 08:09
Did this happen when you were flying towards the sun?  

If so, that is a common problem.  Its just like us driving into the sun where we've got to shade our eyes to be able to see.  The aircraft's sensors can also get blinded by the sun.

Hi KG,

If his mobile device compass is OK than his drone is flying North, so no direct sun into the lens.

cheers
JJB
2018-11-19
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

JJBspark Posted at 11-19 08:25
Hi KG,

If his mobile device compass is OK than his drone is flying North, so no direct sun into the lens.

could be reflections off the water or a small bird.. poor video quality hard to notice something small and fast...
either way.. it didnt save him from anything other than getting a smooth shot or uninterrupted flight home...
2018-11-19
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

JJBspark Posted at 11-19 08:25
Hi KG,

JJB,
You are looking at the video from the person (hgeurtsen) that started this topic a couple of months ago.  I was replying to LEO G NYC that commented today and didn't provide any additional details.  So we don't know which direction he was flying when he had the described behavior.

Cheers!
2018-11-19
Use props
hgeurtsen
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi all,

As the opener of this thread, I can only add that after calibrating my vision sensors, I did not had any issues with my Mavic 2. I had dozens of flights with different lighting conditions, but no issues at all. So calibrating the sensors, is still the best thing to do, in my opinion.

Cheers, Hans.
2018-11-19
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

KlooGee Posted at 11-19 08:44
JJB,
You are looking at the video from the person (hgeurtsen) that started this topic a couple of months ago.  I was replying to LEO G NYC that commented today and didn't provide any additional details.  So we don't know which direction he was flying when he had the described behavior.

Oops, so sorry. Next time i put my spectacles on!
2018-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules