Purple screen issue on my M2P
2451 22 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans09dee766
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1706152 ft
  • >>>

Originally no issues first couple 5 min. flights. Did start out with magnetic interefere errror which made me re-calibrate several times. But then again the purple screen, did all the recalibrations and a firmware update through assist. Seem to come and go , in the house it has cleared up go back outside purple screen. A tap on the camera and it cleared up but then during the flight went back to purple screeen. Exposure issue , bad camera ? I did put a SD card in which I've used on my other DJI products.

2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the issues you are having with your aircraft. However, would it be possible if you can provide us with a photo of the purple screen you had? Thank you.
2018-9-17
Use props
fans09dee766
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-17 04:41
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the issues you are having with your aircraft. However, would it be possible if you can provide us with a photo of the purple screen you had? Thank you.

I have video .
2018-9-17
Use props
fans09dee766
lvl.2
  • >>>

2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, yes that would be possible as well. We'll be waiting for the video. Thank you.
2018-9-17
Use props
fans09dee766
lvl.2
  • >>>

2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans09dee766 Posted at 2018-9-17 05:00
https://youtu.be/_brITZFPtls

Hi, kindly adjust the exposure value to decrease the contrast between bright and dark areas and let's see what happens. But if the issue still persists, one thing you could do as well is changing an SD card and format it. However, if it's having the same issue we suggest sending back in the aircraft for proper assessment. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-9-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

fans09dee766 Posted at 2018-9-17 05:00
https://youtu.be/_brITZFPtls

outside purple screen. A tap on the camera and it cleared up but then during the flight went back to purple screeen.

Unless it was a coincidence with something else happening, that sounds like a hardware problem with camera.  Perhaps bad cable or connectors between camera and MP2.
2018-9-17
Use props
fans09dee766
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-17 05:38
Hi, kindly adjust the exposure value to decrease the contrast between bright and dark areas and let's see what happens. But if the issue still persists, one thing you could do as well is changing an SD card and format it. However, if it's having the same issue we suggest sending back in the aircraft for proper assessment. We're here to help you. Thank you.

I have tried all the camera adjustments with no change in the screen color. I will try several different SD cards. However I believe this bird is heading to NA service center. I had a similar problem with the I1. It just sucks having it in my possession and losing it . Especially when the leaves are about to change. I have good back up P4P . But the mavic 2 pro is quite the machine. So please get it back quick.

2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This looks like either the colour profiles needs to be reset, an issue with your editing tools or a seriously defective drone. Be sure to trouble shoot all potential causes then I'd return the drone if still the same.
2018-9-17
Use props
fans09dee766
lvl.2
  • >>>

A CW Posted at 2018-9-17 06:14
This looks like either the colour profiles needs to be reset, an issue with your editing tools or a seriously defective drone. Be sure to trouble shoot all potential causes then I'd return the drone if still the same.

Hi , and thanks but i think with the problem being intermittent I believe it to be a camera and or gimbal issue. I ordered on the day of the announcement, got it like three days later which is outstanding. I have only flown it a handful of times due to schedule and weather. I have had issues like this in the past and DJI has always fixed the issue so I'm not worried. It's just once you have and now you lose it sucks .
2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans09dee766 Posted at 2018-9-17 06:36
Hi , and thanks but i think with the problem being intermittent I believe it to be a camera and or gimbal issue. I ordered on the day of the announcement, got it like three days later which is outstanding. I have only flown it a handful of times due to schedule and weather. I have had issues like this in the past and DJI has always fixed the issue so I'm not worried. It's just once you have and now you lose it sucks .

Not good - in that case I would raise a ticket with DJI support asap and return it under warranty as a DOA unit - they should replace it with a brand new one. Good luck with it.
2018-9-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

fans09dee766 Posted at 2018-9-17 06:12
I have tried all the camera adjustments with no change in the screen color. I will try several different SD cards. However I believe this bird is heading to NA service center. I had a similar problem with the I1. It just sucks having it in my possession and losing it . Especially when the leaves are about to change. I have good back up P4P . But the mavic 2 pro is quite the machine. So please get it back quick.

Especially when the leaves are about to change.

Maybe, you can arrange expedited shipping?  (Offer to pay difference?)
My experience thus far is repair time is pretty quick, it is shipping to and from CA that takes long time.

Do hope you get your M2P back in time for fall leaf changes.

2018-9-17
Use props
fans09dee766
lvl.2
  • >>>

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-17 06:44
Especially when the leaves are about to change.

Maybe, you can arrange expedited shipping?  (Offer to pay difference?)

Thanks for the help ... I did participate in the (  DJI club) can't remember of the top of my head what they call it but hopefully that $30 helps . Anyway Have a great day .
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

fans09dee766 Posted at 2018-9-17 06:12

Hi, kindly change the Video settings h-265 and D-log, if the issue still persists, you need to send in the aircraft for a possible assessment by creating a case online. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-9-17
Use props
CBarb924
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-17 07:38
Hi, sorry about that but we will be assisting you as soon as you created and open a case ticket on our website. Just provide us the case number ( CAS ) so i can contact the proper department to help you out. Thank you.

Hi, I just started changing some Video settings h-265 and D-log and it seems to have cured the problem . I've done a couple re-starts and it looks great .
2018-9-17
Use props
CBarb924
lvl.2
  • >>>

I was fooling with the video settings such as D-log and H265 and the purple screen is gone ... Did 2 re-starts and everything seems fine... kinda weird !
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CBarb924 Posted at 2018-9-17 08:56
Hi, I just started changing some Video settings h-265 and D-log and it seems to have cured the problem . I've done a couple re-starts and it looks great .

Alright great. Keep me posted, I want to make sure that this will not be an issue in the future on your end, Thank you.
2018-9-17
Use props
CBarb924
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-17 09:04
Alright great. Keep me posted, I want to make sure that this will not be an issue in the future on your end, Thank you.

Thanks ....Me too
2018-9-17
Use props
CBarb924
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-17 09:04
Alright great. Keep me posted, I want to make sure that this will not be an issue in the future on your end, Thank you.

Hi Gamora ,  My CAS # 2242534-F7Z6B3 sending it something just in't right. It's brand new. Any help in pushing this along would be greatly appreciated.
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CBarb924 Posted at 2018-9-17 15:54
Hi Gamora ,  My CAS # 2242534-F7Z6B3 sending it something just in't right. It's brand new. Any help in pushing this along would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, thanks for providing this information. I will be contacting the correct department for us to help you with this. Thank you.
2018-9-18
Use props
CBarb924
lvl.2
  • >>>

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-9-18 02:11
Hi, thanks for providing this information. I will be contacting the correct department for us to help you with this. Thank you.

I just wanted to let you know that I got the MP2 back in record time. Took more time in shipping 11days and 2 days in turnaround . They found the main board was the culprit. Just my luck. But thanks for your help, got out today and I'm very happy.
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

CBarb924 Posted at 2018-10-6 17:47
I just wanted to let you know that I got the MP2 back in record time. Took more time in shipping 11days and 2 days in turnaround . They found the main board was the culprit. Just my luck. But thanks for your help, got out today and I'm very happy.

Hi, that's good to know. Have a safe flight always.
2018-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules