5831 46 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

So as I was watching the video,  before the crash and the first thing I thought.......

Why isn't he flying AT Profile from her left???   There's no poles there...CRASH....oops

Randy
2018-9-19
Use props
lvK0bgqCXaWs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 361 ft
Netherlands

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-9-19 12:02
So as I was watching the video,  before the crash and the first thing I thought.......

Why isn't he flying AT Profile from her left???   There's no poles there...CRASH....oops

Because on the right There were Trees?
2018-9-19
Use props
ambassador1
lvl.3
United States

Its simple, its system cannot always sense and avoid thin objects, say thinner than the width of your arm. If you want a more advanced auto pilot system go with Skydio, but other specs are lower. In the meantime, never fully rely on automated flight options, and use common sense when setting up a flight path. Nice recovery, especially if it didn't even damage the blades.
2018-9-19
Use props
lvK0bgqCXaWs
lvl.3
Netherlands

ambassador1 Posted at 2018-9-19 12:44
Its simple, its system cannot always sense and avoid thin objects, say thinner than the width of your arm. If you want a more advanced auto pilot system go with Skydio, but other specs are lower. In the meantime, never fully rely on automated flight options, and use common sense when setting up a flight path. Nice recovery, especially if it didn't even damage the blades.

I was just testing the new active track 2.0 + obstacle avoidance.
I'm used to shooting all of my videos all manually (sports). Just have a look at my "serious" youtube channel  ;-) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXo3b_-rBYMpbejynk6a8Iw?view_as=subscriber

But I had to try it out in how far you can go with this new version+new drone. As it turns out out not too far. I think the test was pretty basic: on your left a line of trees and on your right a line of poles...
It's a pitty, cause you really get fantastic footage out of the mavic 2.

If I see the spectacular DJI footage on these new features (the avoidance stuff) I think it was a fair test and this never could have happened according to the DJI footage.
But that's my take on this one.  
2018-9-21
Use props
lvK0bgqCXaWs
lvl.3
Netherlands

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-17 12:38
Sorry, I have given you a purely technical answer in post 7# that you might have overlooked. Never mind, just do it your way and become hopefully happy with it.

and thanks for that. I've noticed that you're very pro actively involved here at this forum and helping out people. Much appreciated!
2018-9-21
Use props
fans688f6672
New

United States

dj_dread Posted at 2018-9-17 11:36
the manual says:
There are two options when selecting the tracking speed limit. Safe mode limits the speed to no more than 12m/s and Max mode to no more than 20m/s. Please note that the aircraft cannot avoid obstacles if the speeds exceeds 12m/s.

I want to get my FAA drone lic
.....any ideas on the most reliable agency to go through
2019-6-7
Use props
fans688f6672
New

United States

dj_dread Posted at 2018-9-17 11:36
the manual says:
There are two options when selecting the tracking speed limit. Safe mode limits the speed to no more than 12m/s and Max mode to no more than 20m/s. Please note that the aircraft cannot avoid obstacles if the speeds exceeds 12m/s.

I want to get my FAA drone lic
.....any ideas on the most reliable agency to go through
2019-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules