Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
teshræve
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2379419 ft
  • >>>
United States

Back to the top, for great justice.

I am basically unable to use the RE goggles I purchased, as a bundle, with my Mavic 2 Pro.
I have waited many months for an update that would fix it (I ordered the bundle the day you could). So far, no luck.

Probably selling my goggles at a good price to deny DJI revenue from a new pair. And sharing my experience with all I can.

2019-3-7
Use props
fans5a209d9b
New
United States

FlyingAnt Posted at 2018-9-17 22:01
I have the exact same issues and reported on another thread. Only response I got was to update firmware which was already the latest. Tried refreshing anyway and nothing works. Is DJI even monitoring this forum and planning to do something about it? Frustrating when the Mavic 2 is supposed to have better range compared to Mavic  Pro and normal goggles but in actual fact can’t even perform anywhere close!

I’m having the exact same problem with my Mavic 2 zoom and RE goggles.
When I use the googles I have horrible video lagging and disconnection.
When I turn the goggles off everything returns to normal.
My goggles work flawlessly with my friends PH4 pro V2
And the Mavic pro.
2019-3-8
Use props
fans5a209d9b
New
United States

FlyingAnt Posted at 2018-9-17 22:01
I have the exact same issues and reported on another thread. Only response I got was to update firmware which was already the latest. Tried refreshing anyway and nothing works. Is DJI even monitoring this forum and planning to do something about it? Frustrating when the Mavic 2 is supposed to have better range compared to Mavic  Pro and normal goggles but in actual fact can’t even perform anywhere close!

I’m having the exact same problem with my Mavic 2 zoom and RE goggles.
When I use the googles I have horrible video lagging and disconnection.
When I turn the goggles off everything returns to normal.
My goggles work flawlessly with my friends PH4 pro V2
And the Mavic pro.
2019-3-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Finally got a chance to fly my zoom with my Goggles Re's and sad

to say total disconnection at 2451ft or about 750 meters. I have had my Re's

since they were released last year. I for one am very happy I didn't sell my MP.

I guess I know which bird I will be flying with. Really suck with all the capabilities the Zoom has.
2019-3-10
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2019-3-10
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.

2019-3-10
Use props
FlyingAnt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440190 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Brett Brandon Posted at 3-10 10:25
I think its about time for class action suit against DJI. Maybe then they might do something about a long proven problem.
I read where another user that has been on them without giving up, finally got a message from DJI to send the unit in to have a board replaced. They know what the problem is, they just keep avoiding it hoping everyone will just give up because they just don't want to pay the cost of the recall. Thats one of the big problems with a monopoly. Customers suffer....

Dji Zoom and Goggle RE....piece of ...!
2019-3-12
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

I wanto to shout it from the mountain top. Every one should just start posting new multiple threads about this and make it known as much as possible. DO NOT BUY GOGGLES RE FOR THE ZOOM!!!
2019-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, if your Mavic 2 loses its image transmission signal after flying a few hundred meters away with the Goggles RE turned on, please make troubleshooting first:
1. Check if the 5.8G antenna is mounted on the Goggles RE correctly.
2. Check if there are any abnormalities in the image transmission using the 2.4G and 5.8G frequency bands.

If the issue persists, we recommend to send back the Goggles RE to our official repair center for the diagnosis, please start a ticket online if it is available for you or contact our support team www.dji.com/support. Once the ticket is created, please keep us updated with the case number, we will follow up, thank you.

2019-3-20
Use props
pyck amep
lvl.1
Germany

To DJI Mindy!
My goggles was a gift. Can I still return them for repair without a receipt? Thanks!
2019-3-21
Use props
Unrealanthony
lvl.1
Argentina

Hi Mindy. How can I do to send back the Goggles RE to DJI official repair center for the diagnosis (...Mavic 2 loses its image transmission signal after flying a few hundred meters ...) I LIVE IN ARGENTINA
2019-3-27
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Unrealanthony Posted at 3-27 16:39
Hi Mindy. How can I do to send back the Goggles RE to DJI official repair center for the diagnosis (...Mavic 2 loses its image transmission signal after flying a few hundred meters ...) I LIVE IN ARGENTINA

Hi Unrealanthony,

This thread may help
2019-3-30
Use props
fans995560b3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 65135 ft
United States

I  had to ask, i have the same issue almost. I paid for a set of googles for my 1st mavric pro.  Then I got this Zoom mavric and want to make the googles work with this one instead of the other one. Sorry about not answering your question but had to ask about mine, I  heard you can't change it . I cant believe that, if you wipe it all clear and set up from start, I should be able to hook them together ?  But if i can't......what a waste of cash. 500 beans and can only use it with old mavric that's not even working now. Thanks in advance for either yelling at me or helping me. USA nyc.
2019-3-30
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

fans995560b3 Posted at 3-30 23:09
I  had to ask, i have the same issue almost. I paid for a set of googles for my 1st mavric pro.  Then I got this Zoom mavric and want to make the googles work with this one instead of the other one. Sorry about not answering your question but had to ask about mine, I  heard you can't change it . I cant believe that, if you wipe it all clear and set up from start, I should be able to hook them together ?  But if i can't......what a waste of cash. 500 beans and can only use it with old mavric that's not even working now. Thanks in advance for either yelling at me or helping me. USA nyc.

Do you own the Goggles RE (black) or the original Goggles (white)?

It sounds like you are having issues syncing your goggles to your Mavic 2.  Have a look at the manual, page 8, linking method (near the bottom of the page). If you have further issues, let us know.

Is this the problem that you’re having?
2019-3-31
Use props
Anubis-Prime
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446562 ft
Hungary

I have the same issue ! Belive me ! The customer service is tell a lie ! They know the issue but always just lie! They should call all back!!!  Liar  DJI ! I hate you DJI ! You stole my money!
2019-5-17
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Anubis-Prime Posted at 5-17 11:32
I have the same issue ! Belive me ! The customer service is tell a lie ! They know the issue but always just lie! They should call all back!!!  Liar  DJI ! I hate you DJI ! You stole my money!

your jumping to conclusions not knowing all the facts. I wouldn't put the blame on Customer Service as they are just communicating what DJI tells them. Besides I think Mindy is doing a great job overall!
2019-5-17
Use props
Anubis-Prime
lvl.1
Hungary

bobsma Posted at 5-17 21:48
your jumping to conclusions not knowing all the facts. I wouldn't put the blame on Customer Service as they are just communicating what DJI tells them. Besides I think Mindy is doing a great job overall!

Great Job?  Realy?  More than half year and DJI do nothing! You still believe in tales and many promises. You said: Customer Service as they are just communicating what DJI tells them.  LOL Customer service itself is DJI .We all buy the RE and it was lot of money . The question is: what we actually have? I tell you : We have unusable trash ! This corporate attitude is unacceptable all over the world !
2019-5-17
Use props
bobsma
lvl.4

United States

Anubis-Prime Posted at 5-17 22:13
Great Job?  Realy?  More than half year and DJI do nothing! You still believe in tales and many promises. You said: Customer Service as they are just communicating what DJI tells them.  LOL Customer service itself is DJI .We all buy the RE and it was lot of money . The question is: what we actually have? I tell you : We have unusable trash ! This corporate attitude is unacceptable all over the world !

yes I know my English can be lazy. No I meant the DJI repair center/CEO/upper managers are the ones that may know and do NOT tell everything to nice people like Mindy, etc....
2019-5-18
Use props
Anubis-Prime
lvl.1
Hungary

bobsma Posted at 5-18 04:51
yes I know my English can be lazy. No I meant the DJI repair center/CEO/upper managers are the ones that may know and do NOT tell everything to nice people like Mindy, etc....

Ok, I dont have any problem with you! You are just a victim like me and others !
2019-5-19
Use props
buddhaholic420
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174865 ft
United States

Wow! This is still going on? I was hoping they fixed it, but they obviously don't care. My story.....When I first bought the Mavic 2 Pro the older white goggles worked great,  but I wanted an upgrade and sold the them to buy the RE goggles and boy was I in for quite a surprise.  I could only get to about 1000 feet and would lose transmission. It was as if the goggles interfered with the controller signal. Support was no help and said to try the antenna which is supposed so be for non mavic RC. Nothing worked. Long story short I ended up returning through my vendor, Amazon.  I love Amazon. I have been checking back into this and keep seeing the same description.  I wish there was something we could do to ban this product altogether so they just stop selling it or fix it.
2019-5-24
Use props
HighlanderMike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 537854 ft
United States

so has this been solved yet the main reason I bought the mavic2 as for the headtracking and I didnt see until now that it doesnt work
2019-5-24
Use props
Bigmoby
lvl.1
United States

Still broke, still not admitting broke, still 500$ paperweight.
2019-7-29
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wonder if the new FPV system will work with DJI Drones?
2019-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-1 09:24
I wonder if the new FPV system will work with DJI Drones?

They do not. kind of sucks. We now have goggles that are useless.

I feel bad for folks who sold their MP1. Because the range with the Zoom and the MP2 is
terrible.
2019-8-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HighlanderMike Posted at 5-24 22:03
so has this been solved yet the main reason I bought the mavic2 as for the headtracking and I didnt see until now that it doesnt work

Sorry to say it has not.
2019-8-1
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 8-1 15:06
They do not. kind of sucks. We now have goggles that are useless.

I feel bad for folks who sold their MP1. Because the range with the Zoom and the MP2 is

yeah, i just picked up the Zoom and haven't even opened her up, hope the experience will be worth the wait?..
2019-8-3
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-3 21:25
yeah, i just picked up the Zoom and haven't even opened her up, hope the experience will be worth the wait?..

The zoom is a great bird. it's a great improvement over the original MP
2019-8-3
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 8-3 21:34
The zoom is a great bird. it's a great improvement over the original MP

Welcome to the Family....

2019-8-4
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Nice collection
2019-8-4
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 8-4 20:48
Nice collection

Thanks I can't believe it's been a while now since my first DJI drone the Spark back in January 2018 and now I've watched DJI release the Mavic Air, the Osmo Mobile 2, the Ronin, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom, the Osmo Pocket, the Osmo Action, and now DJI FPV Series. My prediction is DJI will be releasing a Spark 2 that'll have something to do with the new FPV Series, perhaps releasing 2 versions one aerial version with the signature upgrade trademarks of the current Spark, and an FPV Spark that'll have vision positioning system and FPV Camera with a shrunken down VTX built into the flight controller that'll give FPV community the ability to freestyle and compete with a much smaller form factor than a 5 inch quad currently built to compete. Which makes me think the Spark FPV will probably come in at around the same price as the current Spark, $399 (if you take $159 for the FPV Camera portion built into the FPV Series, then an additional ~$250 for the actual drone, given it won't have a 12MP gimbal camera though the aerial version of the Spark 2 will probably yield $599, or $200 more for the cost of having likely a 4K camera. It is possible the Spark 2 may be the fastest consumer drone DJI has released, pushing speeds close to 50 mph?
2019-8-5
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

David Martin Graff Posted at 8-5 01:49
Thanks I can't believe it's been a while now since my first DJI drone the Spark back in January 2018 and now I've watched DJI release the Mavic Air, the Osmo Mobile 2, the Ronin, Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom, the Osmo Pocket, the Osmo Action, and now DJI FPV Series. My prediction is DJI will be releasing a Spark 2 that'll have something to do with the new FPV Series, perhaps releasing 2 versions one aerial version with the signature upgrade trademarks of the current Spark, and an FPV Spark that'll have vision positioning system and FPV Camera with a shrunken down VTX built into the flight controller that'll give FPV community the ability to freestyle and compete with a much smaller form factor than a 5 inch quad currently built to compete. Which makes me think the Spark FPV will probably come in at around the same price as the current Spark, $399 (if you take $159 for the FPV Camera portion built into the FPV Series, then an additional ~$250 for the actual drone, given it won't have a 12MP gimbal camera though the aerial version of the Spark 2 will probably yield $599, or $200 more for the cost of having likely a 4K camera. It is possible the Spark 2 may be the fastest consumer drone DJI has released, pushing speeds close to 50 mph?

That would be exciting
2019-8-5
Use props
David Martin Graff
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Woe Posted at 8-5 04:30
That would be exciting

I have this sick suspicion that DJI releasing its FPV Goggles System and camera/controller sets the stage for a soon Spark 2 release. Begs the question why we didn't see the Spark released this summer only supports the position DJI has it planned out for a reason...
2019-8-5
Use props
tsmith35
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21250 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 8-1 15:07
Sorry to say it has not.

That's a shame. I have a new Mavic 2 and ordered the Goggles RE for a hefty sum. Now I see that it was a poor choice given DJI's lack of a solution for the connectivity issue. I haven't even received the goggles, but I have obtained an RMA to get my money back. I was so excited to get the goggles, but I don't want them if they don't work for normal flying.
2019-8-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

tsmith35 Posted at 8-10 14:55
That's a shame. I have a new Mavic 2 and ordered the Goggles RE for a hefty sum. Now I see that it was a poor choice given DJI's lack of a solution for the connectivity issue. I haven't even received the goggles, but I have obtained an RMA to get my money back. I was so excited to get the goggles, but I don't want them if they don't work for normal flying.

They work great with the original Mavic Pro. just with the zoom
the range is limited to around half mile. With the Mp it's miles
at least for me 2 1/2 was easy. Even though my range is limited with
the zoom, I absolutely love my Re's because I use the with other 5.8 racing
drones and I still have my original MP. So I use mine just about every outing.
2019-8-10
Use props
Drone2020
lvl.1

United States

I'm about to but the RE for my zoom since its cyber Monday. But.... I think i won't depends on what you guys say. Has this issue been fixed?
2019-12-2
Use props
Drone2020
lvl.1

United States

Also, is this a issue with zoom and the RE only? Or Zoom and the original white goggles aswell ?
2019-12-2
Use props
Jaydawgx7
lvl.1
United States

Drone2020 Posted at 12-2 22:59
Also, is this a issue with zoom and the RE only? Or Zoom and the original white goggles aswell ?

I just received mine that I bought with the black Friday deals... I haven't had much time to experiment yet, however, my first flight with the goggles lost signal at about a quarter mile (vs the 2 miles I get from my house with the controller/phone combo) It's not looking good... Flying the Mavic 2 Pro with standard controller
2019-12-3
Use props
Jaydawgx7
lvl.1
United States

As a quick update, I just flew one quick flight before it got dark. The first time I tried these, I did not have the pagoda antenna installed as I incorrectly assumed it was only for analog drones. WIth the antenna installed, I reached 2 miles before the signal started to fade with goggles and turned back as it was pretty dark outside. So, I guess there is hope for some of these after all. I'll try and get some more flights soon and post an update
2019-12-3
Use props
Drone2020
lvl.1

United States

Jaydawgx7 Posted at 12-3 15:23
As a quick update, I just flew one quick flight before it got dark. The first time I tried these, I did not have the pagoda antenna installed as I incorrectly assumed it was only for analog drones. WIth the antenna installed, I reached 2 miles before the signal started to fade with goggles and turned back as it was pretty dark outside. So, I guess there is hope for some of these after all. I'll try and get some more flights soon and post an update

U got the black friday deal! Lucky you. I almost bought them too but im scared of the hassle of this problem still being here and no hopes in dji fixing it. I still love my zoom but might he switching to skydio soon. How muchdo you think a barely used zoom would resell for? Never been crashed.
2019-12-6
Use props
Drone2020
lvl.1

United States

Also..... If anyone knows about the white Google's performance, please say so. I might just get the white ones if there's no range issues
2019-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules