Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Goggles RE with Mavic 2 Zoom
655516 655516 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Master.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

That is interesting, have you tried in different locations?
2019-1-14
Use props
Simk1n
lvl.2
Flight distance : 200896 ft
Norway

UNsyncED Posted at 1-14 15:28
2.4 GHz is capped at 720 resolution. The Auto switching mode is 1080.

Sorry if i dont understand, but

DJI Goggles (White) are 2.4Ghz only, RE also have 5.8Ghz, but both have the same screen resolution?

So the only difference to my understanding is lower latency, more comfort, 5.8Ghz support and you can use non-DJI racing drones on the RE.
2019-1-15
Use props
Bcaser1
lvl.1
United States

Simk1n Posted at 1-15 14:00

DJI Goggles (White) are 2.4Ghz only, RE also have 5.8Ghz, but both have the same screen resolution?

Anybody has any information on the DJI goggles connectivity issues?
2019-1-15
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

Simk1n Posted at 1-15 14:00

DJI Goggles (White) are 2.4Ghz only, RE also have 5.8Ghz, but both have the same screen resolution?

The original Goggles can only transmit 1080p for very short distances, where as the Goggles transmit 1080p for all flight distances.
2019-1-16
Use props
dansmikko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 280331 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

So damn annoying. DJI Needs to fix this ASAP. I regret upgrading to the Mavic 2 Pro now. Should have read the forum posts didn't know thousands others were experiencing the same problem. Before this I have been using my Mavic pro 1 with the DJI Goggles RE without any issues. Have flown using both of them in SMOOTH MODE for up to 4km no issues. When I got the Mavic 2 Pro now it sucks, even the transmission range sucks while using M2p with the goggles RE. Hell, I can't even put it into Smooth mode (I love the 60 fps for fpv flying like i did with my Mavic Pro 1). Yes I updated both firmwares to the latest one so stop asking. It is so unethical and greedy for a company to care about profit and use it's customers as guinea pig testers for their products. I expected better from you DJI.

DJI this is apalling and unacceptable. Stop deceiving us with your hyped up unfinished overpriced products. The thing I hate is DJI went all out to claim the Occusync system was such a godly improvement over the Mavic Pro 1 but then lo and behold upon buying it, it seems like an unfinished and rushed product. Please update a firmware patch soon, it has been more than 6 months now (since fkn september for fk sake). We paid good money for this ....

Stop with these robotic generic replies by your fake admins who pretend to help but don't know jack ... and don't even help. Either pull yourself together and get your engineering team to release a firmware patch  to improve the transmission range and add smooth mode or stop advertising a shty unfinished product and stop selling it as a bundle combo (M2P + Goggles RE). Greedy as fk company. This is the quality that you get from a company that's too complacent and comfortable with dominating and monopolizing the drone industry. Idiots.

RELEASE A DAMN FIRMWARE UPDATE, this is why U.S. has trust issues with Huawei. It's because of Chinese companies like DJI work ethic, where they won't even admit to their mistake and yet still advertise and sell the Goggles RE with the Mavic 2 Pro like it works flawlessly off the shelf.
2019-1-16
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft
United States

roamer105 Posted at 2018-10-26 21:59
I normally use my iPhone X to fly and it has the latest version of GO 4 (4.3.3). Today I used an idle iPhone 6 that I no longer use but retained an older version of GO 4 (4.3.0). I flew with the goggles to over 2 miles from home point with no problem at all. So there may be something to the combination of the latest AC and latest RE Goggles firmware combined with the older 4.3.0 version of GO 4. My iPhone 6 also runs an older version of IOS but I don’t think that has any bearing to this problem.

DJI, Please closely read the above post. It offers significant clues as to the problems cause.

Keep in mind my original post, #17, which details a very similiar result using an older android v4.3.0 (840) apk build, but the 4.3.0 app is old now and missing updsted features.

ITS TIME FOR YOU, DJI, FOLLOW THRU AND FIX THIS RANGE LIMITING ISSUE THAT ONLY OCCURS ON THE MAVIC 2, WHEN THE GOGGLES RE ARE PWRD ON/LINKED... Otherwise, the M2 has awesome range!

DJI  PLEASE FIX YOUR MALFUNCTIONING PRODUCTS!
IS IT REALLY TOO MUCH TO ASK?
2019-1-17
Use props
enthusiastic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 187316 ft
Norway

DJI can you please fix this or I must contact all famous you tubers to make videos to demonstrate the issue so that you are convinced? Should we initiate an online petition to ask for a fix for this?
2019-1-17
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

any news on this @DJI Natalia?
2019-1-19
Use props
buddhaholic420
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174865 ft
United States

Wow. I am so lucky I was able to return the product to Amazon where I bought them. I regret selling the older goggles. I can't believe this is still an issue with no resolution from the company.  Seriously feels like false advertisement.
2019-1-20
Use props
djiuser_9Xsyf2pECJhl
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am having the same issue, The range using the RE with the RC is terrible. The app and goggles kept freezing and did not evcen save any of my panorama shots. As soon as I turned off the goggles everything worked great. Something needs to be done about this.
2019-1-20
Use props
djiuser_9Xsyf2pECJhl
lvl.1

United Kingdom

djiuser_9Xsyf2pECJhl Posted at 1-20 08:55
I am having the same issue, The range using the RE with the RC is terrible. The app and goggles kept freezing and did not evcen save any of my panorama shots. As soon as I turned off the goggles everything worked great. Something needs to be done about this.

Seems like we got ripped off buying the goggles. I am going to check UK law to see if they can be returned
2019-1-20
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576952 ft
Canada

I am honestly shocked that this company has just ignored all its customers! The fact that this is the top thread on this forum and DJI is still asking us for “details” about the issue is just stunning. Just come out and say “Yes, sorry, we messed up BIG. We are working on it”. But instead, they made everyone of of their customers who purchased this combo feel like they got ripped off and we were mislead about the product sold. This would NOT FLY (pun intended) if this company was based here in North America or anywhere in the modern world were companies care about their reputation. How is this not a MAJOR issue on YouTube? How has no one made a big fuss about this?!? We as a community need to put this out there. Please, whoever’s purchased this combo like myself or even have the pair of products please help raise awareness about this issue. This is theft. DJI should not be getting away with this!
2019-1-20
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576952 ft
Canada

As a long time customer, I am honestly just disgusted! And as one of the people who purchased the combo the FIRST DAY it was released, I will now be definitely thinking twice before purchasing another DJI product. For a company selling products $1000+  I’m stunned at the lack of care and customer service provided. DJI has just ignored its customers for almost 5 months! How do you have the audacity to sell a product that you know doesn’t work! This is nuts. It’s just disrespectful!
2019-1-20
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

definitively strange... they simply stopped responding on all threads regarding the range on Goggles RE, not even a "we're working on it" pat in the back...
2019-1-20
Use props
shaun2k
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35154 ft
Australia

This is now starting to get publicity on blogs: https://dronedj.com/2019/01/21/d ... cing-edition-combo/
2019-1-21
Use props
djiuser_2dANP0f8EHbG
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521417 ft
United States

I contacted DJI customer service on Facebook today as I have this issue and they told me this (pictured). You guys need to be blowing up the customer support lines with this issue. They tried to tell me I can’t return my goggles because I’m past the 14 day return window. I told them they sold me a product that they said would work and doesn’t. If they don’t fix this, they WILL be taking these back. I’m honestly done with DJI. Terrible customer support, the whole “mother-may-I-fly” NFZ zones, the new Mavic 2 with less features than the old Mavic Pro, and now this. I’ve owned a lot of drones from several manufacturers and DJI is by far the worst. The problem is they have become too big to care about their customers because they know you’ll buy their products anyway and I refuse to be part of it going forward.
C2BBECCD-0CDF-4671-A227-A65841D9D715.jpeg
2019-1-28
Use props
Rick Lingmont
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13852 ft
Netherlands

Did the new firmware update solve the problem? I don’t see anyone responding to this anymore.
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_2dANP0f8EHbG
lvl.2
United States

Rick Lingmont Posted at 1-29 01:19
Did the new firmware update solve the problem? I don’t see anyone responding to this anymore.

Has there been a new firmware update for the goggles? DJI just told me yesterday that one isn’t available in my area yet.
2019-1-29
Use props
djiuser_cAyX1IIsr5Qb
lvl.1
Argentina

Something new about Mavic 2  and Goggles...?
2019-1-29
Use props
Unrealanthony
lvl.1
Argentina

Hi guys, well, I have Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro and Dji Goggles RE. I have the same problems as you about the limited scope with Mavic 2 and Goggles RE, a terrible transmission and I can not use the smooth mode. I tried everything I read in tutorials, forums, Dji support recommendations, etz., and like all of you, nothing works. Yesterday, I linked my Mavic Pro with the RE glasses and I tried it, the combo worked very well, excellent connection, no delay, no latency, perfect "smooth mode", 800 m distance in the city center without any minimal problem, It just worked great. So, here I have 2 news, one good and one bad. The good thing is that Goggles RE works perfectly with Mavic Pro, maybe the glasses are not the problem, the bad news is that I bought Mavic 2 Pro because it is an evolution and improvement of Mavic Pro but it does not work. I'm not an engineer, I don´t know where is the problem, if is a software or hardware problem, I have the hope that with a firmware update fix this isue. Please Dji, give us a solution.
2019-2-2
Use props
John_in_NC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4360 ft
United States

I was thinking about getting the DJI Zoom with these RE Goggles but after hearing these stories I think I am going to hold off.
2019-2-2
Use props
Bigmoby
lvl.1
United States

Still not working. Anyone thinking about spending your money on this, DONT! When I called about this problem they acted like They had never heard of this problem before and didn’t have any idea this was going on. No so,ution for repairs. They did say they would have a technitian call me to resolve the issue, but that was 2 months ago. Also, I saw someone else comment on this but the RTH was never triggered whenever I lost signal. Luckily it was so close when losing signal I walked closer to regain connection and landed.
2019-2-4
Use props
Bigmoby
lvl.1
United States

Bigmoby Posted at 2-4 16:36
Still not working. Anyone thinking about spending your money on this, DONT! When I called about this problem they acted like They had never heard of this problem before and didn’t have any idea this was going on. No so,ution for repairs. They did say they would have a technitian call me to resolve the issue, but that was 2 months ago. Also, I saw someone else comment on this but the RTH was never triggered whenever I lost signal. Luckily it was so close when losing signal I walked closer to regain connection and landed.

Also, if you remove the goggles from the area of your remote does it regain connection? Gonna do some tests. Why not huh, dji doesnt seem to be running any. Or test them out during development.
2019-2-4
Use props
Gadget Guy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI WILL YOU PLEASE COMMENT ON THIS ISSUE
2019-2-6
Use props
reeferJ
New
Flight distance : 3619 ft
South Korea

I am very angry.
I have the same problem.
DJI pretends not to know this problem.
2019-2-6
Use props
JohnnyMac41
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

WE ALL NEED TO GO TO AMAZON AND PUT 1-STAR REVIEWS ON THESE THINGS TO WARN OTHERS AND START PRESSURE ON DJI FROM ANOTHER DIRECTION, THEIR RETAILERS!

THIS IS NOT WORKING, CALLING THEM OUT HERE. LET’s LET THE WORLD KNOW HOW UNETHICAL THIS IS AND TO WARN OTHERS SO THEY ARE NOT IN THE SAME BOAT.

THERE NEEDS TO BE A RECALL!!!!!
2019-2-7
Use props
djiuser_2dANP0f8EHbG
lvl.2
United States

Guys, you all NEED to contact DJI directly in one way or another. I have been going at them in the chats on Facebook messenger, emailing them, etc. Even leaving comments on DJI’s posts. WE need to make this a big deal since DJI is trying to ignore it.
2019-2-7
Use props
Bigmoby
lvl.1
United States

JohnnyMac41 Posted at 2-7 02:10
WE ALL NEED TO GO TO AMAZON AND PUT 1-STAR REVIEWS ON THESE THINGS TO WARN OTHERS AND START PRESSURE ON DJI FROM ANOTHER DIRECTION, THEIR RETAILERS!

THIS IS NOT WORKING, CALLING THEM OUT HERE. LET’s LET THE WORLD KNOW HOW UNETHICAL THIS IS AND TO WARN OTHERS SO THEY ARE NOT IN THE SAME BOAT.

Lol, I just did this the other night. Commented don’t buy everywhere.
2019-2-8
Use props
JuJuMP2_User
lvl.2
United Kingdom

reeferJ Posted at 2-6 18:30
I am very angry.
I have the same problem.

Shame on you DJI.
DJI is dishonourable.
You are like thieves.
2019-2-9
Use props
JuJuMP2_User
lvl.2
United Kingdom

reeferJ Posted at 2-6 18:30
I am very angry.
I have the same problem.

Shame on you DJI.
DJI is dishonourable.
You are like thieves.
2019-2-9
Use props
Bill B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM Posted at 2018-10-18 12:14
DJI... There's a definate software issue with the RF signal range on the Mavic 2 when the Goggles RE are connected, as others have stated.

PLEASE, DJI, dont just offer up the same old "update all your firmware" statements.

2019-2-9
Use props
DanW55
lvl.2
United States

I'm happy to say I finally got my refund. Glad I didn't hang on to the Mavic 2 Zoom and Goggles RE thinking a fix was soon to come.  First requested the refund 12/6/2018, 3 days after receipt. Took until 12/18/2018 before I even got a return shipping label. Finally received the last of the refund for the DJI Care Refresh 2/3/2019. I'm going to have to think long and hard before I buy another DJI product.
2019-2-9
Use props
fans50130e7a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1030925 ft
French Polynesia

My goggles Racing edition are working very well with my mavic2 zoom (i am one of those who get the mavic2zoom goggles RE combo - have it since January) ... i was able to fly ~3 km away from me today (above the sea), 2 km yesterday …I didn’t Try a longer distance but my drone was reacting as if i didn’t use goggles (lose signal Where i lose signal without goggles) . I am maybe a lucky one… i really like my mavic2zoom/Goggles RE combo. With goggles at 720p/30f i could capture 4K video and The experience is so much better.
2019-2-13
Use props
DanW55
lvl.2
United States

fans50130e7a Posted at 2-13 18:20
My goggles Racing edition are working very well with my mavic2 zoom (i am one of those who get the mavic2zoom goggles RE combo - have it since January) ... i was able to fly ~3 km away from me today (above the sea), 2 km yesterday …I didn’t Try a longer distance but my drone was reacting as if i didn’t use goggles (lose signal Where i lose signal without goggles) . I am maybe a lucky one… i really like my mavic2zoom/Goggles RE combo. With goggles at 720p/30f i could capture 4K video and The experience is so much better.

I wonder if it has something to do with the US version?
2019-2-15
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.

2019-2-15
Use props
The Roach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 412835 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bought the GogglesRE two months ago.  The M2P w/Smart Controller just arrived today.  From what I have been reading so far:
  GogglesRE have a distance issue.
  M2P has lens alignment issues creating soft spots in the center and corners.
  Third Party Apps are not working as expected on the Smart Controller.  

Either I need to stop reading the forums or I made a bad decision.  I guess we'll see.  
2019-2-28
Use props
Fazmanicg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19974 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got my goggles yesterday. Same issue here. I gotta say, Not too impressed with them.
A) No way to focus
B) Not bright at all when I was outside and the brightness was set to max
C) Not very well balanced. Got a stiff neck after only 15 minutes or so
D) Yep ...... Lost connection
Flipped to my Smart Controller and guess what I saw? - The infamous Quiz Error that is happening to every SC owner. This happened mid-flight. - Some serious problems DJI. You cannot ignore them forever.

Great thing about Amazon Prime is that I was able to return the goggles and already got my refund.
2019-2-28
Use props
Mike1983
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Has DJI provided any acknowledgement / corrective action timeline for the Mavic 2 / Goggles range issue yet that anyone can link please?  I've just submitted a 1* review to Amazon over this and will be pursuing a refund if not sorted soon.
2019-3-2
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Question for the group.

After many months of nudging DJI to address the range issue with the Goggle RE and Mavic 2 Pro, they have just asked me to send them back the unit so they can “replace the core board” *See attached email.

My question is this, before I send these Goggles all the way back to China, has anyone on here seen or know of anyone who owns a pair of the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 Pro who have not had an issue? Because it appears to me that everyone with this combo has the same exact issue, just wondering that if it’s a design flaw then sending them back would just be a waste of time.

Thanks

2019-3-3
Use props
jmaass1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 446640 ft
United States

Mavical Posted at 3-3 14:41
Question for the group.

After many months of nudging DJI to address the range issue with the Goggle RE and Mavic 2 Pro, they have just asked me to send them back the unit so they can “replace the core board” *See attached email.

Maybe a waste of time, but also maybe we all will be shipping our Goggles REs back to China for a retrofit?

A full explanation from DJI Engineering is long overdue.
2019-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules