Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Nodding Camera
1204 18 2018-9-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>

Is anyone experiencing this as well or is that just my bird?
It happens more in Sports mode but in P also.
The camera jumps down to -7 degrees, I kept adjusting but it went on:

2018-9-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Calibrate the gimbal but that does look like a fault with the drone
2018-9-17
Use props
Paul_IA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Agreed. If gimbal calibration doesn't work and there is nothing obstructing the gimbal you probably have a warranty claim.
2018-9-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience, As what being mention above give a try to calibrate the Gimbal camera this should fix the issue. Please keep us posted whenever you're able to try it.
2018-9-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I get the same degree of pitch but not the hopping. Maybe calibration might work.
2018-9-17
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

Mine actually did something similar. Even after callibrating. Difference was mine did it to the side instead of down.

What I did was went in to the gimbal settings and clicked to reset all settings and I havent had the issue at all ever since.
2018-9-17
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>

Mine does the same, and ive also been addressing it, without any response from DJI.
This makes any shot UNUSABLE.
DJI, you need to fix this, cause it ruins every single shot, and makes the video unusable.
It happens in both P and S mode, regardless of wind conditions, even in calm weather.

Time for a fw update, i also patiently waiting for the promised track archive feature...
2018-9-27
Use props
ygrabo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 543097 ft
United Kingdom

This is the reason why this happens, and is "normal":
The mavic drastically changes its maximum angle in sports mode, from say 10 degrees to 40 degrees or so. The camera can only look up 30degrees, so it can not continue to look straight and has to tilt down a bit. This is increased with wind from the front because the mavic has to "lean" more into the wind, and decreased with wind from the back, because it doesn't need to lean forwards so much to go fast.

This is also the reason why the mavic can drift away in wind instead of fighting harder to stay - it limits its own angle so it will ALWAYS have free movement of the camera at least up to horizon level. It will not be able to lean enough against the wind to come back in those situations.
I have not experienced this with the Mavic 2 Pro yet in normal mode, but I suspect it might happen with higher wind and DJI changed the maximum angle a bit.

If you put it in sports mode, it "allows itself" to lean more and happily flies against the wind, and it can do that even without drastically altering the propeller speed, but just by the angle.
The mavic 1 had the same issue/feature...
2018-9-27
Use props
ygrabo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-17 15:37
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience, As what being mention above give a try to calibrate the Gimbal camera this should fix the issue. Please keep us posted whenever you're able to try it.

and format the SD card? ;)
2018-9-27
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>

ygrabo Posted at 2018-9-27 07:13
This is the reason why this happens, and is "normal":
The mavic drastically changes its maximum angle in sports mode, from say 10 degrees to 40 degrees or so. The camera can only look up 30degrees, so it can not continue to look straight and has to tilt down a bit. This is increased with wind from the front because the mavic has to "lean" more into the wind, and decreased with wind from the back, because it doesn't need to lean forwards so much to go fast.

I understand what you are saying but it if needs to tilt the camera down - why am I able to tilt it back up?
I can get back to my preferred angle but it keeps jumping back down...
2018-9-27
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

I know this sounds odd......but before sending back, try this:

Calibrate IMU

then,  Calibrate the Gimbal

I don't know specifically about the MP2,  but in discussing my issue with my P4Pro,  the tech did tell me that there are connections tween these components.  And doing this Calibration in that order can solve issues of varying types.

Please,  give it a try......

Randy
2018-9-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

This is a bad gimbal; I'm having similar issues with my new M2P, and after talking to DJI they acknowledged this is a faulty unit.

Don't waste time, send it back for warranty, calibrations and fiddling with it won't correct a bad gimbal motor.

Cheers
2018-9-27
Use props
ygrabo
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2018-9-27 09:12
I understand what you are saying but it if needs to tilt the camera down - why am I able to tilt it back up?
I can get back to my preferred angle but it keeps jumping back down...

Because it gives itself a little leeway to correct shake without being exactly stuck at the upper limit.

If you send it back, you'll just get another drone doing the same Thing. Unfortunately, the people from support are quite incompetent and have probably never flown a drone. They just would not know what it could be.
When I contacted them about the lens distortion a few days after getting it, they told me that I have to format the SD card and calibrate the gimbal...
2018-9-27
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>

rwynant V1 Posted at 2018-9-27 09:23
I know this sounds odd......but before sending back, try this:

Calibrate IMU

I'll give that a try but don't have too much hope since a lot of people are saying it's normal
and even the Mavic 1 has it.
2018-9-27
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>

ygrabo Posted at 2018-9-27 09:36
Because it gives itself a little leeway to correct shake without being exactly stuck at the upper limit.

If you send it back, you'll just get another drone doing the same Thing. Unfortunately, the people from support are quite incompetent and have probably never flown a drone. They just would not know what it could be.

That's why I'll try to avoid sending my drone in. There is a good chance I'll get a refurbished one.
And I hate that.

I could fly slower to keep this from happening but I fly a lot over water in large areas and in P-Mode you can sometimes hardly see the drone is moving.
I could speed it up in post but then all ships and cranes are moving too fast ;-)
2018-9-27
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
  • >>>

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-27 09:27
This is a bad gimbal; I'm having similar issues with my new M2P, and after talking to DJI they acknowledged this is a faulty unit.

Don't waste time, send it back for warranty, calibrations and fiddling with it won't correct a bad gimbal motor.

I hope you are not right  ;-(
2018-9-27
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Eric13 Posted at 2018-9-27 10:25
I hope you are not right  ;-(

Me too, for your sake, since I'm already being jerked around by DJI support...

4 days have gone by, and still haven't even gotten a shipping label, and when I called in just now, they said "oh we have sent it two days ago and are waiting for your drone", but when I look at my repair case number, it's completely BLANK!

Their reputation of having the worst support is well earned so far...
2018-9-27
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>

Eric13 Posted at 2018-9-27 10:16
I'll give that a try but don't have too much hope since a lot of people saying it's normal
and even the Mavic 1 has it.

It's free,  you have time, and if it doesn't solve anything, then at least you know you tried.

I hope you get this sorted out and back in the air soon!  Good luck and keep us UTD

Randy
2018-9-27
Use props
Andrejs
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

It is not faulty gimbal or whatever. agree to ygrabo.
When you fly in strong wind or in sport mode drone fly with angle and gimbal has own angle limits.
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules