Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which HDMI cable is everyone using?
15003 8 2015-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
icegnat
lvl.1
Canada

I've mounted a monitor on my Ronin-M handle and am wondering which kind of HDMI cables people have had success with. Regular cables are too thick and rigid so they hit the side of the carriage and put strain on the motor. (And throw the balance off.)

I got an "ultra thin" cable from Best Buy that's a little better but not ideal. I have to force the bend to go straight up and I have to fight with it.

I've seen the ribbon HDMI cables and the ones with the right angle ends. Has anyone had luck with these and if so, what length? They only seem to go as long as about 2 feet and I'm wondering it that's enough slack for the Ronin-M.

I've wasted a lot of money buying HDMI cables that don't do the trick so if someone could link me to an ideal cable, I'd much appreciate it!
2015-5-30
Use props
AndersMontgomer
lvl.1

Norway

I´m using the pearstone thin 3 feet hdmi cable with my Ronin-M. There are probably other cables that are better, but I used some cable ties to get it attached to the gimbal.
2015-5-31
Use props
ainsworthwillia
lvl.1

United Kingdom

https://www.flyonixstore.co.uk/p ... mi-hdmi-cable-80cm/

just ordered this which should be great
2015-5-31
Use props
Rory SB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

AndersMontgomer Posted at 2015-5-31 18:20
I´m using the pearstone thin 3 feet hdmi cable with my Ronin-M. There are probably other cables tha ...

did you get it to work on the ronin-m WITHOUT disrupting the balance? if so please for all of us it would be a big help if you could post a few pics of how you did it. thanks!
2015-6-1
Use props
AndersMontgomer
lvl.1

Norway

Rory SB Posted at 2015-6-2 04:48
did you get it to work on the ronin-m WITHOUT disrupting the balance? if so please for all of us i ...

Well no, it's almost imposible to have a hdmi cable that don't disrupt a gimbal without it beeing in the Gimbal itself. But when I use the setup i use the motors idle between -1 and 0.
2015-6-1
Use props
Rory SB
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

AndersMontgomer Posted at 2015-6-2 14:33
Well no, it's almost imposible to have a hdmi cable that don't disrupt a gimbal without it beeing  ...

i heard that THIS gimbal is almost impossible not to disrupt. others are supposed to work fine. no?
2015-6-2
Use props
noipego
lvl.3
Greece

This one is good too HyperThin hdmi cable
Also i find ronin-m hard to balance and easily disrupted by cables...i think this happens due to its small size/weight where shorter axis need extremely accurate balance...and being so light wiring can be an issue. I have an hdmi & usb cable on camera and i see my pan axis drift while motor struggle with noise.
2015-6-3
Use props
AndersMontgomer
lvl.1

Norway

Rory SB Posted at 2015-6-3 02:35
i heard that THIS gimbal is almost impossible not to disrupt. others are supposed to work fine. no ...

I have no idea, I've only used the ronin-M but it works but it will use more battery, only thing that I don't think will disrupt the balance is a wireless system.
2015-6-3
Use props
e.gargiulo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5000 ft
Italy

but is  the HyperThin cable compatible with Canon 5D mark iii? thank
2016-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules