Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI pilot app update
1291 3 2015-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
espinosa.josero
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8320 ft
Mexico

Hello friends.
As you know the new update of the dji pilot app is now available, one of the new features is that now you can set your "home point" using your iPhone or iPad. I just have one question do I need the Internet data to have this new feature? I mean in my case I have an iPad air with wifi only so I guess I could not have this option right?

Jose Rodolfo.
2015-5-30
Use props
Swiss Tony
lvl.2
Flight distance : 505459 ft
United Kingdom

Good question. I have always been uber careful about setting homepoint when I don't have internet to load the map on the screen. I too have been wondering if the GPS alone is enough for home point to be set? I'm pleased to see that they've added this feature, it was the first issue I had with it and contacted them about it. When they said that I couldn't set a home point I pointed out how illogival that was and it would seem that others have too. Maybe they do listen?!

Just FYI, I put my iPhone 6 into Airplane mode, turn the wifi on and hotspot it to my iPhone 5. That way it can access the data needed but I won't be disturbed by calls. You could Hotspot your iPad to your phone to get the data.

Any clarification would be good.
2015-5-30
Use props
danno1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1043150 ft
United States

If you have a wifi only ipad then there is no GPS system built in so I doubt setting your home point to your current location would work.  Having wifi turned on or off would not make a difference.
2015-5-30
Use props
mswall
Second Officer
Flight distance : 39695 ft
United States

When you take off with your P3, it will record the departure coordinates as your current home point.  Then, using the app (v1.1.2), you can fly the P3 away from you, say 20 feet and let it hover, then you can reset the home point to the lat/lon coords of your P3s position.  With wifi only, you cannot make a change to the home point to where your controller is.  After owning a P2V+ and now the P3, I kind of like the way they handle the home point:  the P2 would record the home point once the Phantom established a wifi connection with the controller AND when it had acquired sufficient satellites.  That meant that you could establish a home point, then pick up the P2 and walk into a field, set it down, and fly from there without realizing that the actual home point was nowhere near where you took off from.  The P3 will automatically reset the home point whenever you arm the motors - ie CSC spin props.  I like that much better.  With my P3 I really have no need to reset the home point once underway.  I still like having the option, though.

Remember to pay close attention to WHERE your P3 is when you "spin-up" the props.  That will become your fail-safe home point for RTH.  Look at my thread entries in this forum post on RTH details:   http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 9&page=1#pid134575.

2015-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules