[POLL] Unusual Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Gimbal Movements
3154 8 2018-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pequodd
lvl.2
Australia

When the gimbal is tilted from the downward position to horizontal it also yaws to the left and rolls slightly (manual adjustment doesn’t affect it).

I’m wondering if anyone else is having this happen to their Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom.
Even better if someone could post a video of how it should act.

Single SelectVote, Total 26 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. May I know if your firmware is up to date? Did you try to auto calibrate the gimbal?  Kindly restore the settings to factory defaults and upgrade the firmware using DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic. You can download the software here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and follow the video tutorial below.

2018-9-19
Use props
Pequodd
lvl.2
Australia

The mavic already had the latest firmware but I reflashed it and the remote. Did an IMU calibration and Gimbal calibration.
Still exhibiting the same behaviour.
2018-9-19
Use props
fans0ab2c13c
lvl.1

Canada

My mavic 2 zoom does the exact same thing. Is it unfortunate but kind of a relief im not the only one with this issue
2018-10-4
Use props
reclaimednj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7260 ft
United States

Noticed this on mine too. Must be the case with all of them.
2018-10-5
Use props
Pequodd
lvl.2
Australia

reclaimednj Posted at 2018-10-5 03:32
Noticed this on mine too. Must be the case with all of them.

I’ve seen it on 2 out of 3 Mavic 2 Pros with varied severity.
On the bright side it’s near impossible to notice in recordings.

I’d like a DJI engineer to explain why the gimbal does this, it’s as though it’s some kind of factory calibrated offset.

2018-10-5
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-10-31
Use props
djiuser_tVxybTtkpzAt
New
United States

My Mavic 2 Zoom had a mild 3' high tumble and ever since the gimbal is not functioning correctly. When I start up the drone, gimbal goes through the normal paces which tells me that physically nothing is wrong with it.  Then it slumps forward and goes limp.  I get an error saying "gimbal motor overload, make sure gimbal cover is removed" which of course it is. Gimbal will still zoom and take photo/video but is non-responsive in movement and is in a downward position. Did firmware update on drone and controller and tried to manually calibrate but can't because it just flops around. Then, tried to calibrate on DJI 4 but it only  goes to 10%. Very confused as to why it has complete range of motion when starting up but then goes unresponsive pointed in a downward position. Is it possible maybe a wire became disconnected between the controller and gimbal? Any advice at this point would be appreciated. Cannot find anything online for this model.
2019-7-31
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The gimbal on my M2P is perfectly straight
2019-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now