1999 15 2018-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zeflex514
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222743 ft
Canada

Hi,

I  noticed the spark fan into the spark is always on, whatever the temperature is. I know it should be to cool the esc, if the logic applied is the same on the RC Cars.

Btw, on RC Cars, batteries are bigger with more mAh into it and some RC Cars don't even have a fan on their ESC.

Is it possible maybe to control the fan according to the spark temperature in the next firmwares ? Like not always on, and when a certain temp reached, make the fan turning faster or slower according to temps.

Just turn on the spark without flying it and it takes around 15 min to eat 15% of the battery. I think this could be improved.

What do you think guys?
2018-9-18
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

I notice the fan on all the time so wouldn't be too worried.
2018-9-18
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

It does not cool the ESC, they are built under the engines. The processor is cooled by a lot of magical high performance units. It processes the compass, GPS, and Inercia sensor (IMU) data, manages video data, provides telemetry, etc ... It's really annoying that the processor is spinning on the ground when it is switched on and it is fast-paced the energy. It would have been smarter if only take-off commands to full degree.
2018-9-18
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 2018-9-18 21:16
It does not cool the ESC, they are built under the engines. The processor is cooled by a lot of magical high performance units. It processes the compass, GPS, and Inercia sensor (IMU) data, manages video data, provides telemetry, etc ... It's really annoying that the processor is spinning on the ground when it is switched on and it is fast-paced the energy. It would have been smarter if only take-off commands to full degree.

Yeah, temperature controlled fans are no rocket science...
2018-9-19
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I think the fan is on all the time and that is absolutely normal and the way it should be

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this concern to us.  Ideally, the fan should always be on while flying. This prevents from overheating. We appreciate your thoughts about this. Thank you.
2018-9-19
Use props
drewhoover
lvl.4
Flight distance : 323455 ft
United States

The fan is always on for safety, no matter the temperature.
2018-9-19
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

the fan is better on than off .
2018-9-19
Use props
Zeflex514
lvl.2
Canada

Ok thanks for sharing your opinions about this !
2018-9-19
Use props
djiuser_pQdIRCmgBuO0
lvl.4
Netherlands

The fan also could be running when temp gets to high.. It's burning a lot of energy running full speed, also they could make it variable.
2018-9-19
Use props
Zeflex514
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_pQdIRCmgBuO0 Posted at 2018-9-19 12:57
The fan also could be running when temp gets to high.. It's burning a lot of energy running full speed, also they could make it variable.

That's what I was thinking. Like a cpu fan, the fan speed varies according to the temperature of the cpu.
2018-9-19
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

the spark needs the fan running to keep all the components cool , if not it's toast . it's that simple , don't try to reinvent the wheel , it turns just fine .
2018-9-19
Use props
KSBV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1104252 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having the fan run all of the time provides consistent predictability for how much battery you have left.  I'd hate for my spark to decide it finally got too hot when it's 1000' out over water and I was sure that I had battery left to get home until the fan started to run.....
2018-9-19
Use props
H. Arif - 6IX
Second Officer
Flight distance : 430364 ft
Canada

It is always on, but I think it should kick in later on becuase it would also same battery.
2018-9-19
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
lvl.4

United States

been watching your post . this pass weekend i went upstate , the temperature was around 60, 70 degrees and the fans would not come on , usually the fans are on from take off to when i land and turn the spark off .  
2018-9-27
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Rather on, and a cool unit with steady battery run down,  
2018-9-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules