Ronin-M motors turn off
11160 9 2018-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lostinspace
lvl.1
Flight distance : 197 ft
Japan

I tested the Ronin-M a month ago. Was working fine.
Today I turn on the Ronin-M. It turns on, motors seem to move the camera in center. But after a few seconds the motors turn off. What am I doing wrong? The camera is well balanced. I toggle the kill motor on/off, but nothing. Help please.

I have updated firmware to latest via Mac OS Gimbal app.

I also get a warning that the battery is "Not DJI intelligent Battery!"

Help please. I've already searched other threads already. Please post newer information. THanks.

Takeshi Fukushima

2018-9-18
Use props
lostinspace
lvl.1
Japan

Are there different versions of the battery? Is all my problems happening because of the battery?
2018-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Takeshi, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-M, the motor issue should be related to the battery, please make sure the battery is mounted properly and the battery is full contact with the gimbal's electrical leads. Do you have another battery for a test? If not, it is recommended to send in the battery and device for further evaluation.
2018-9-19
Use props
lostinspace
lvl.1
Japan

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-19 22:37
Hi Takeshi, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-M, the motor issue should be related to the battery, please make sure the battery is mounted properly and the battery is full contact with the gimbal's electrical leads. Do you have another battery for a test? If not, it is recommended to send in the battery and device for further evaluation.

Thanks! I tested it out yesterday. I can't believe it was a simple solution like that! Back to the basics. I have two batteries, and they were both not working, but I guess they were both not pushed in all the way! Kind of embarrassing but I am relieved it works!
Thanks again!
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

lostinspace Posted at 2018-9-25 17:43
Thanks! I tested it out yesterday. I can't believe it was a simple solution like that! Back to the basics. I have two batteries, and they were both not working, but I guess they were both not pushed in all the way! Kind of embarrassing but I am relieved it works!
Thanks again!

Glad to know the issue has been figured out, please let us know if you have any further issue.
2018-9-26
Use props
Duca
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-26 00:18
Glad to know the issue has been figured out, please let us know if you have any further issue.

Hallo DJI Mindy, I have the same problem but only with one of the two original battery. I update all firmware by the Dji GimbalAssist and I reinstall more and more the battery properly... but non way to find a solution. Please tell me what I have to do.
2018-9-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Duca Posted at 2018-9-27 07:08
Hallo DJI Mindy, I have the same problem but only with one of the two original battery. I update all firmware by the Dji GimbalAssist and I reinstall more and more the battery properly... but non way to find a solution. Please tell me what I have to do.

Hi Duca, sorry for the troubles with the battery, did you try to clean the electrical leads? If the issue persists, it is recommended to send in the battery for further evaluation, please contact our support support@dji.com to start a ticket.
2018-9-28
Use props
Duca
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-28 22:49
Hu Duca, sorry for the troubles with the battery, did you try to clean the electrical leads? If the issue persists, it is recommended to send in the battery for further evaluation, please contact our support support@dji.com to start a ticket.

I tried again and now it seems to be right. Thanks for your reply.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Duca Posted at 2018-10-12 00:43
I tried again and now it seems to be right. Thanks for your reply.

We are glad to hear that, thanks for getting back, hope you have a great time on shooting.
2018-10-12
Use props
Oliver Roozen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 852746 ft
New Zealand

Just to add my two cents to this, as I seem to have experienced the same issue -- one of my batteries would cause the glitch while the other did not. I found that it might have had to do something with motor kill inside the Ronin app. One of the batteries was booting the Ronin and then activating motor kill after a second or so. I found that if I just went into the app and messed with the motor kill toggle, eventually I got it working OK.

Maybe other people could find this info helpful.
2019-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules