Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1787395 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi,
one of my Gimbal rubber dampers broke during flight the other day while traveling in the highlands of Iceland. I had no replacement dampers with me since I have never experienced this before. I did have my underwater housing though and could borrow an o-ring from the housing and mange to get it around the forward sensor and the gimbal plate. Made another 10-15 fligts with that setup without any visual problems.

Now I'm back home and I found the Gimbal rubber dampers that came with the I2 package and I have wached the DJI video about replacing them.
But I cant seem to get them in place? Am I to weak or is there a special techniqe for replacing them? They are imposible to get trough the holes.

Does anyone have experience with replacing these themselves? Please give me an advice. Ive tried to lube them but still impossible.

kind regards // Alex
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Is this the video you watched:
2018-9-19
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-19 02:23
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Is this the video you watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6iZmJQupYg

Hi Wanda, yes, unfortunately, that's is the video I have seen. I know how to do it but can't seem to be able to it  

// Alex
2018-9-19
Use props
Alex Dawson
lvl.4
  • >>>
Sweden

Alex Dawson Posted at 2018-9-19 02:48
Hi Wanda, yes, unfortunately, that's is the video I have seen. I know how to do it but can't seem to be able to it  

// Alex

I solved the problem by cutting of 2mm on each side of the new dampers so they were easier to pull through. There is no way that they will come loose or affect the function of them.

The stuff inside the broken one is crazy sticky, It looked like bird pop came from the drone when the damper broke during flight

Kind regards // Alex
2018-9-19
Use props
Mike9129
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4112812 ft
Ireland

I replaced mine a few months back, its literally keep poking them with a scredriver (or something not quite as pointy) until they pop through.

its not a very refined approach, but its one that works.
2018-9-21
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
Flight distance : 9674836 ft
  • >>>
Italy

Mike9129 Posted at 2018-9-21 03:53
I replaced mine a few months back, its literally keep poking them with a scredriver (or something not quite as pointy) until they pop through.

its not a very refined approach, but its one that works.

I spent hours getting them through, but I managed with all sort of pointy (But not too much) tools.
2018-10-17
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-9-19 02:23
Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. Is this the video you watched: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6iZmJQupYg

Nice and useful video!
2018-10-17
Use props
Image Factory
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12114977 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Elektrica Atellani Posted at 2018-10-17 09:29
I spent hours getting them through, but I managed with all sort of pointy (But not too much) tools.

if you squeeze the top end of the damper with your index and thumb into a V shape you can push it through the hole, I have replace 3 of them in under 15minutes...
2018-10-29
Use props
Elektrica Atellani
Captain
  • >>>
Italy

Image Factory Posted at 2018-10-29 02:14
if you squeeze the top end of the damper with your index and thumb into a V shape you can push it through the hole, I have replace 3 of them in under 15minutes...

Noted, thanks.
2018-10-29
Use props
imviswa4u
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22864 ft
United States

Quick question. The dampers of my Dji m300 are not broken or I don't see any white liquid popping out. But I got scared to see them squeezed and replaced them with new ones which after one flight are looking squeezed again. I use a H20 payload and there is no problem with image collection. All I see is that there is a small dimple in the dampers and I think it might be because of the hot weather. Is it ok to leave them like that with a small dimple? Is it normal or is there a problem that keeps them happening?

Kindly someone answer!
2023-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules