android otg cable and IOS I guess I'm a bit confused
456 4 2018-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kwh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32175 ft
United States

Pretty new at all this but been flying my spark with the controller and OTG cable on my iphone 8 with no issues. I picked up a android tab A for the bigger screen and had it rooted so the only thing i'm using it for is the spark. The issue is with out the cable the controller and spark connects to the android as soon as i turn on when I take the OTG cable and plug it in to the android the connection goes away and will not show back up. If i unplug the cable the connection shows back up. It will fly without the cable on the android but a bit laggy. I have updated the app firmware which was supposed to help the android connet with the OTG cable. Also made sure the cables are good. I contacted DJI for support this is one of 4 emails replys. Also tried different ways of connecting that i have read in other posts. Thanks for any help>>>

Thank you very much for your response and for the information, we really do appreciate it.

Regarding with your inquiry on using OTG cable, please try to update your firmware to the latest version.

It is also best advised to use an android device, since iOS devices does not support OTG cable as of the moment.

Kindly refer to this link for the firmware version that supports OTG cable: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Spark/20180719/Spark_Release_Notes_EN.pdf

Thank you for your patience and kind understanding.

Should you need any further information/assistance, please do not hesitate to reply to this email.

You will receive an email survey two days after this email if not responded. If you happen to be away and won’t be able to answer this email timely, please disregard the survey and reply to us directly.

2018-9-19
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

OTG connection only starts to work when the R/C has a connection to the Spark, e.g. green LED is on. Only now its time to start the app.
Which version of the app are you using on your Android device? Which remote and aircraft firmware versions?

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I understand that your iPhone 8 works with the OTG cable. However, as of the moment, the only supported devices on OTG cable is Android devices. If you still have a problem with your Galaxy Tab A, I suggest you try a different Android device and let see if this will work. Thank you.
2018-9-19
Use props
kwh
lvl.1

Hi yeah running all the new firmware and yes all connections seem to happen but when I plug that cable in the connection disappears
FE551D72-D295-453A-8891-9E6E157A0655.png
D9E25640-BEC9-4E1D-8A4F-4DBEF47218A1.png
2018-9-19
Use props
kwh
lvl.1

And have checked for updates and all seems to be in order
2018-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now