Yaw errors
738 7 2018-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

What is the most prevelent cause of yaw errors reported by DJI repair services?

2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Are you encountering this error message? Please let us know for further guidance.
2018-9-23
Use props
Chuck101
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27815 ft
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-23 15:33
Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Are you encountering this error message? Please let us know for further guidance.

No. I just wanted a simple answer to a simple question.
2018-9-23
Use props
fanseacc58a6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 694508 ft
Canada

Same here, new P4P V2, slow yaw drift in hover and worse in flight. Ruins a lot of video. Level IMU Cal, compass cal, controller cal is of no use. I own a P2 P2V P2V+ P3P and none of them do this...

Need this fixed please DJI!!!!

I can send logs, video, etc. etc. etc. Whatever your team needs to fix it.

Thanks

Opspeculate

www.opspeculate:com
2018-10-7
Use props
DecemB
lvl.1
Thailand

Chuck101 Posted at 2018-9-23 15:36
No. I just wanted a simple answer to a simple question.

That is straight forward to the point but kinda rude.
Maybe Administrator is trying to figure out  the exact problem you have, just a message error, real yaw error  or else.
2018-10-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

yes.. I have posted the same issue that is very noticeable on upgrading 2 sparks from factory .701 firmware to .1000 firmware..

both sparks flew great and stable on .701  now fly in a crab, don't report the correct orientation, and RTH cocked off about 9 degrees..

I have done multiple IMU and compass cals to attempt correction without avail.. I truly think this is a firmware bug

also when flying in sport.. under .701 the horizon moved correctly with the bank of the drone.. now in .1000.. when turning left at speeds above 20kts.. it mostly looks like a left bank.. but when making a right turn the video tries to bank left initially followed by a jerk to the right.. looks like compass dip in a wet compass where when turning the compass in
2018-10-9
Use props
Northwood
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

I wonder when the next firmware is coming along...
2018-10-9
Use props
Greg - TheHuski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 944308 ft
Australia

Meaning of YAW -

yaw
verb
(of a moving ship or aircraft) twist or oscillate about a vertical axis.
"the jet yawed sharply to the right"

YAW ERROR....  an error relating to the Internal IMU & Compass..  Usually occurs when there is Magnetic Interference which causes the actual GPS and IMU to differ.     However I have a sneaky suspicion it's caused by the Drone losing it's settings.    Hence why when you get this error they ask you to re calibrate it again..    I have had this error in the  middle of nowhere where there is ZERO interference.   
2018-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules