First Impressions and a big exhale.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fhagan02
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1854908 ft
United States

I've only had a few full battery flights but I've put the P3P through some tests before heading too far out into the wild blue yonder.

Hope I'm not being premature in my first impressions but I am kinda speechless.

Handling and basics:
• One word...incredible.
• Stops on a dime and stays there on all 3 axis'. No matter the wind, altitude etc. The active braking is visually obvious.
• Shes fast. Faster and more responsive that my two P2's.
• Battery lasted about 19 minutes before reaching 25%. (I kept getting anxiety thinking I'd better head back but one look down and I still had 48% left.) Nice.

Camera:
• Gimbal was dead on level after a quick gimbal calibration. This was a critical thing with me as so many have complained (incuding myself) about the aweful tilted horizon vids out there with the P3.
• Gimbal roll adjustment is also wonderfull if the gimbal hasn't quite floated back to dead level. Quick tweak... get the shot.... fly to the next.
• Camera settings, while in flight, are a dream come true. With the histogram up I'm able to see exactly what the light is doing and which way to adjust.
• Footage does tend to moire significanly with tiny smal patterns. Like shingles on roofs. BUT a quick "Custom" adjustment turning sharpen down to -2 helps this.
• I Shot on mostly cloudy days this weekend but it's obvious an ND filter will be a nessesity. Not a lot of rolling shutter (aka. jello) but certainly hints of it. Not a biggie as it's expected with such a high shutter speed regarless of how balanced your props are. So...got those on order from Polar Pro, shipping June 6th.

I'm pretty fired up about this little bird. So far - the P3P is absolutely fantastic. .....exhale.

Big thaks to Tahoe_Ed for all the support, answering questions and allowing me to be ready as soon as my 1st battery was charged. It's all good.

2015-5-30
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

I've been pretty amazed as well.  The difference in performance from the P2V+ to the P3P is really noticeable!
2015-5-31
Use props
peter.dezzi
lvl.1

United States

This makes me excited! It better come in this week!
2015-5-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules