OM2 Timelapse / Hyperlapse raw images
1711 9 2018-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GoldenSun
First Officer
Flight distance : 681903 ft
Poland

Is there an option to save raw images from the timelapse or hyperlapse mode somewhere in the Osmo Mobile 2?

I need it a lot, since the app maxes at 1080p and having the raw photos I could stitch a much higher quality timelapse. Like there is the panorama option of "save unstitched pano photos" - I need the same for hyperlapse and timelapse!

If there is not, please add it! It should not be hard since it's very similar to the pano scenario!

2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your question, Unfortunately, there is no DNG in Timelapse/Hyperlapse because of the hardware limitation, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-9-19
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-9-19 15:43
Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your question, Unfortunately, there is no DNG in Timelapse/Hyperlapse because of the hardware limitation, sorry for the inconvenience.

How about JPG photos? Or simply an intervalometer function?
2018-9-20
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Poland

I mean to take photos every X seconds and just save them as regular photos.
2018-9-22
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-9-22 02:35

Look into the free video editor, "DaVinci Resolve" ... I believe your 'movie' time-lapse will be presented as an image-by-image strip, from which individual frames can be extracted.
2018-9-22
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Poland

WebParrot Posted at 2018-9-22 04:06
Look into the free video editor, "DaVinci Resolve" ... I believe your 'movie' time-lapse will be presented as an image-by-image strip, from which individual frames can be extracted.

It's not a 'strip' or anything, it's just a regular video. I want photos, not a video.
2018-9-22
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-9-22 10:42
It's not a 'strip' or anything, it's just a regular video. I want photos, not a video.

Again, take a look at DaVinci.  And if you need guidance for how to accomplish what you want, search within Casey Faris' YouTube training videos on DaVinci Resolve.  He is -without doubt- an expert on Resolve and it's capabilities.
2018-9-22
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Poland

WebParrot Posted at 2018-9-22 11:16
Again, take a look at DaVinci.  And if you need guidance for how to accomplish what you want, search within Casey Faris' YouTube training videos on DaVinci Resolve.  He is -without doubt- an expert on Resolve and it's capabilities.

I think you don't get what I mean. I want high quality photos, not frames extracted from a poor 1080p video.
2018-9-23
Use props
Ridg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232306 ft
United Kingdom

GoldenSun Posted at 2018-9-22 02:35

I'm currently considering getting the OM2 and this was one of my questions.

In theory with two devices you could do it, have one device in the OM2 (not paired or running DJI go) running something like lapse it pro and a second device that's paired to the OM2 use that to setup the motion lapse / timelapse and the other device to actually take the pictures.

This wouldn't work for tracking as the two devices won't have the same POV

It's a shame as @£130 the OM2 is a great deal however like most of the DJI devices it's going to be let down but the software as like you I'd rather have a series of 12MP+ raw images than a 1080p video that's only going to yield 2MP jpeg
2018-10-1
Use props
GoldenSun
First Officer
Poland

Ridg Posted at 2018-10-1 07:47
I'm currently considering getting the OM2 and this was one of my questions.

In theory with two devices you could do it, have one device in the OM2 (not paired or running DJI go) running something like lapse it pro and a second device that's paired to the OM2 use that to setup the motion lapse / timelapse and the other device to actually take the pictures.

It's really not that hard to save photos, if only they would just want to implement it...
2018-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules