5698 14 2018-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ChadC880
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3216076 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went to film for a client today and all the footage is tilted to the left quite abit. I tried 3 times recalibrating the gimbal on location on a level surface and I tried to correct in the app only for it to reset itself crooked.
Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.37.37 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.38.12 PM.jpg
2018-9-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. If the gimbal calibration doesn't work, I suggest you to manually adjust the camera gimbal on the MC settings fix the tilt horizon problem. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you and have a safe flight.
2018-9-19
Use props
ChadC880
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

As I stated above in my original posting, I did manually try and adjust the tilt only for the camera to on its own go back to what you see in the pictures.
2018-9-19
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

ChadC880 Posted at 2018-9-19 16:47
As I stated above in my original posting, I did manually try and adjust the tilt only for the camera to on its own go back to what you see in the pictures.

Did you try a gimbal calibration?
2018-9-19
Use props
ChadC880
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

parkgt214 Posted at 2018-9-19 16:59
Did you try a gimbal calibration?

Did you bother to read my original post ?
2018-9-19
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Based on what you have already tried I would try a reset and reinstall the latest firmware. If that doesn't fix it, sounds like it needs to head back over the pond for inspection/repair.
2018-9-20
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is this your home? If so I think you can afford to have several mavic Pro 2’s as backups...
2018-9-20
Use props
Chpouky
lvl.3

Belgium

I have the same issue but only when I'm rotating really fast around a subject. Still have to try a recalibration!
2018-9-20
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

ah the stupid horizon tilt is back again, great to see that DJI still not tackel that!!
2018-9-20
Use props
ChadC880
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

R&L Aerial photography Posted at 2018-9-20 03:37
Is this your home? If so I think you can afford to have several mavic Pro 2’s as backups...

I am seriously shaking my head at your response. I was filming for a clients listing. I have more than enough DJI products for backup that I have flown usually retiring them at 800 flights each. I was very impressed with the new camera on the M2 Pro and had tested it several days non commercial until today running into this issue.
2018-9-20
Use props
ChadC880
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Chpouky Posted at 2018-9-20 03:42
I have the same issue but only when I'm rotating really fast around a subject. Still have to try a recalibration!

I am going to do an IMU and Compass Calibration in a few. And do at least 5 gimbal recalibration. When the Mavic 1 was first released it too had weird gimbal issues that would take several calibrations before it would keep it saved and corrected. My Inspire would have a slight tilt which could be corrected in post but it took ,5 correction with 105% zoom in on the clip. Oddly enough I was able to use 1.5 at 106 % in post and got it corrected in post. I just could not believe how tilted it was.
2018-9-20
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

ChadC880 Posted at 2018-9-20 04:14
I am seriously shaking my head at your response. I was filming for a clients listing. I have more than enough DJI products for backup that I have flown usually retiring them at 800 flights each. I was very impressed with the new camera on the M2 Pro and had tested it several days non commercial until today running into this issue.

I was joking...
2018-9-20
Use props
fansf375c2d4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95187 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-19 16:45
Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. If the gimbal calibration doesn't work, I suggest you to manually adjust the camera gimbal on the MC settings fix the tilt horizon problem. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you and have a safe flight.

All of the DJI Products have the horizon tilt. The Phantom series all have it, The Mavic series all have it. The Inspire series have it.

What's the point of having a three axis gimbal if it doesn't work?

No amount of calibration, or gimbal reset will fix it.
No firmware upgrade will fix it
Even if it is fixed in flight the gimbal will become disoriented and result in a drunken horizon tilt shortly afterwards.

We've been had.

The three axis gimbal is useless.

Might as well use a Spark. At least you know it's limitations.

2019-1-13
Use props
Webdrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 674938 ft
France

fansf375c2d4 Posted at 1-13 07:19
All of the DJI Products have the horizon tilt. The Phantom series all have it, The Mavic series all have it. The Inspire series have it.

What's the point of having a three axis gimbal if it doesn't work?

Having found out the hard way about the tilt after moving from the Spark to the MP1 Alpine it seemed to me that the MA and M2 have that "drunken horizon" under control ? Is it not the case ?
2019-5-3
Use props
djiuser_KB9zu2wKIYjZ
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-9-19 16:45
Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. If the gimbal calibration doesn't work, I suggest you to manually adjust the camera gimbal on the MC settings fix the tilt horizon problem. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you and have a safe flight.

https://youtu.be/FW8uPSEPQFo

Hello, as you can see in this video of me, while flying it tilts. While hovering infront of my head before I started flying it was even (something I always do just to check) I can’t really adjust the gimball while flying, can I?
2020-3-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules