Weak Mobile Device GPS signal. Cannot Acquire Location info.
123Next >
14955 94 2018-9-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

jaswrx Posted at 11-17 07:29
not so sure about that, will test next week, but the only way it would be fixed is if there was an app update?  I am not aware of any update or even firmware update.

Waiting for update on this after you have tested this.
This error has been ongoing for one year now so time to fix it.
2018-11-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

jaswrx Posted at 9-27 20:36
UPDATE: I recevied an email asking me to fill out a form as IT THEN WILL go to development.

Ridiculous you have to fill out a form to get a known problem to go to DJI's development.

2018-11-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

jaswrx Posted at 11-1 08:05
What are you talking about?  Apple has not admitted anything...  It has NOTHING to do with new features.  Did you even read the thread?
It's NOT a phone GPS failure, it's NOT aniOS orr Apple bug--  It's a bug in the Go Pro App, and it's a bug that has been going on 4 months now (at least).  It affects all ios devices, even much older ios versions, so that proves the point right there.  IT"S ALL ioS devices, no matter what version, regardless of device (iPad, iPhone)

It's a bug in the Go Pro App, and it's a bug that has been going on 4 months now (at least).

And to think DJI is a multi Billion dollar company.............................................  
2018-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

jaswrx Posted at 11-17 07:29
not so sure about that, will test next week, but the only way it would be fixed is if there was an app update?  I am not aware of any update or even firmware update.

Did you ever wonder why you are the only one suffering from this problem, above link you point to is almost two years old.
A lot of what your saying makes little sense maybe put up flight log and more will understand.
If your talking about dynamic homepoint then this is a problem with device and that is well documented here check out P4Pro forum .
2018-11-18
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-18 12:39
Did you ever wonder why you are the only one suffering from this problem, above link you point to is almost two years old.
A lot of what your saying makes little sense maybe put up flight log and more will understand.
If your talking about dynamic homepoint then this is a problem with device and that is well documented here check out P4Pro forum .

uh no!  You sound ridiculous.  I am not the only problem at all. Do you know how to read, even in this thread, people are commenting.  It has been well documented, and DJI has even confirmed in writing to me personally that they are fully aware of the problem and are working on an app fix.

Everything I am saying makes sense.  The app does not allow you to set a home point based on the current location of the device.  It's only a ios problem, and it stopped working about 4 months ago.   I used to use this feature all the time, and then suddenly it stopped working, ON ALL MY ios devices.  I have even tried with other DJI Mavics and it's the same thing.  It's a bug, and I hope it gets fixed.
STOP TROLLING!
2018-11-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jaswrx Posted at 11-18 12:55
uh no!  You sound ridiculous.  I am not the only problem at all. Do you know how to read, even in this thread, people are commenting.  It has been well documented, and DJI has even confirmed in writing to me personally that they are fully aware of the problem and are working on an app fix.

Everything I am saying makes sense.  The app does not allow you to set a home point based on the current location of the device.  It's only a ios problem, and it stopped working about 4 months ago.   I used to use this feature all the time, and then suddenly it stopped working, ON ALL MY ios devices.  I have even tried with other DJI Mavics and it's the same thing.  It's a bug, and I hope it gets fixed.

I think we all know who you are, good Luck it might be a while.
2018-11-18
Use props
martinoez
lvl.4
Flight distance : 912638 ft
Germany

on iOS the problem is still there!!!!  Android ok..

2018-11-18
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.2
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-18 13:22
I think we all know who you are, good Luck it might be a while.

Who I am? What does that mean?

2018-11-18
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.2
United States

Just tried, and unfortunately, it does not work.
2018-11-18
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.2
United States

Zsolti Posted at 11-16 12:08
Looks like it was fixed. It works fine now.

It does not work fine.  I just tried all 3 different ioS devices.
2018-11-18
Use props
Zsolti
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1882113 ft
Romania

jaswrx Posted at 11-18 14:34

Works on my Iphone 6
2018-11-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jaswrx Posted at 11-18 14:34

Try This, it worked for me on my iPhone 6s plus after DJI Go 4 generated an error
IMG_0315 - Copy.PNG
2018-11-21
Use props
martinoez
lvl.4
Germany

Aardvark Posted at 11-21 18:22
Try This, it worked for me on my iPhone 6s plus after DJI Go 4 generated an error

I do not work on iphone 7plus
2018-12-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

martinoez Posted at 12-3 00:25
I do not work on iphone 7plus

Have you tried this outside with all powered up and connected ?

When I tried it I seem to remember that nothing appeared to change in DJI Go 4 until it could also see the aircraft and set its home point. After that the home point could be changed to RC location.
2018-12-3
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

Unfortunately this sounds like another user that I helped out not long ago... Its NOT an issue with your apple device.. its a DJI PROBLEM... they are using Apple API calls (possibly the wrong API call) to get / check position accuracy on the apple device.  With iOS.. if you have cell and or wifi turned off.. you will get a message saying that position accuracy is degraded.. even if your GPS position is 12+ sats checking with a dedicated GPS app.. because iOS uses cellular and wifi to augment GPS and also push ephemeris corrections etc.. try turning on cellular first (if its cell capable even if you don't have a sim and/or wifi and see if it fixes the issue.  The other member tried to do the same thing.. updated home point as controller location and go 4 would not take it.. but this fixed it for him
2018-12-3
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

jaswrx Posted at 11-1 08:05
What are you talking about?  Apple has not admitted anything...  It has NOTHING to do with new features.  Did you even read the thread?
It's NOT a phone GPS failure, it's NOT aniOS orr Apple bug--  It's a bug in the Go Pro App, and it's a bug that has been going on 4 months now (at least).  It affects all ios devices, even much older ios versions, so that proves the point right there.  IT"S ALL ioS devices, no matter what version, regardless of device (iPad, iPhone)

its not a bug... its DJI engineers not doing their homework..

I posted a fix a long time ago..

they are likely either using the wrong API call and or are too lazy to write their own code to interrogate the GPS directly to check status like other GPS apps

also ensure your device is GPS capable.. i.e. a phone or iPad with cellular capability .. non cell iPads won't work if I recall

iOS will give you a warning when using any location based app that location service is degraded, turn on cellular / wifi to improve position..

i.e. when you fly DJI over cable connection and turn off cell and wifi, when Go 4 interrogates iOS for position, it sees the degraded flag and won't push the GPS position to the aircraft to update the home point ... even if you have a 12+ sat lock.. if iOS reports degraded because cellular/wifi is off..

TO FIX

turn on cellular even if your device does not have a sim
turn on wifi next if cellular only doesn't fix it

the reason is that apple uses cellular position augmentation and can assist in location when indoors or weak gps and can also push ephemeris corrections for gps

here are the bullet notes from apple directly...

1. iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular models): Make sure that Cellular Data is on in Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data, even if you're not subscribed to a cellular data plan. This will allow your device to more accurately calibrate itself using network time and location information. In some instances, disabling a SIM PIN may be necessary.
2. iOS devices sold in China and Germany may use the term Wireless LAN (WLAN) instead of Wi-Fi.
3. GPS is available on iPhone and iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular models.
4. Bluetooth interacts with iBeacons to provide a way to create and monitor areas that advertise certain identifying information.
5. iOS devices without a cellular connection use only Wi-Fi for Location Services (if a Wi-Fi network is available). Some third-party apps rely on a Wi-Fi connection for region monitoring. If a device is passcode locked, this feature may be limited or inaccurate.
2018-12-3
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

jaswrx Posted at 11-18 14:33
Who I am? What does that mean?

Ignore him.  That is one of his standard snide remarks that he uses to try to put people down with and to Troll with.

EDITED:  Just to be clear, when I said "him" I am not reffering to you (jaswrx).  Refering to hallmark007.  

2018-12-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

No problem I’ve just reported him for continuing to troll., he’s been warned so many times.
2018-12-3
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.2
United States

So,  went to try again today, and still does not work. This is beyond acceptable at this point.  DJI is now ignoring my emails too.  
2018-12-3
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

does this happen with Mavic pro 2 and zoom ? both of them ? with the mavic 1 i used that function many times so it has nothing to do with apple devices. hey @jaswrx , if you sell your mavic pro 2 i would be willing to buy ! been looking for a used one of these
2018-12-3
Use props
jaswrx
lvl.2
United States

This problem as far as I know ONLY exist in the Mavic Pro or Platinum, NOT Mavic 2.

Do you want my Mavic Platinum?

I used to use this feature all the time, and it suddenly stopped working, around 6 months ago.
As I have mentioned many times, DJI is fully aware of the problem and claims they are working on fix on the next update.
2018-12-3
Use props
Nicoricosancho
First Officer
Flight distance : 13196 ft
Canada

holy sh&*T didnt know that since i used it about a year ago, i just switched to android ill try to see if this happens as well and let you know.. and then try with Iphone :/..that sucks..(im running old firmware on drone also so we will know if the app of the firmware is the issue)
2018-12-3
Use props
Creative Commons BY Music
New

Spain

A mi me ha ocurrido lo mismo con mi iPhone 6
2018-12-3
Use props
New

Spain

2018-12-3
Use props
New

Spain

Creative Commons BY Music Posted at 12-3 12:08

Me ha ocurrido lo mismo con mi iPhone 6.
He podido comprobar que funciona de la siguiente forma:
1- tras encender el mavic 2 primero hacer clic en punto de origen del drone.
2- te alejas del drone mas de 5 metros y haces clic en punto de origen el radiocontrol.
He podido comprobar que para que funcione tiene que haber un desplazamiento del drone o del
Radiocontrol de más de 5 metros de distancia entre ellos.
La distancia debe de cambiar, no vale quedarse al lado del drone  y grabar el punto de origen.
A mi me está funcionando y uso iPhone 6.
2018-12-3
Use props
martinoez
lvl.4
Germany

Creative Commons BY Music Posted at 12-3 12:21

in mavic 2 the function works, then in mavic 1 it does not work
2018-12-3
Use props
Javiery70
lvl.1

Spain

La prueba que menciono anteriormente la hice en casa y funcionaba . Hoy  lo he probado en exteriores y No funciona lo he intentado de todas las formas y No me funciona con el iPhone 6. Claramente es un fallo de Dji Go 4.
Estoy esperando respuesta del soporte de Dji.
2018-12-4
Use props
Javiery70
lvl.1

Spain

La prueba que menciono anteriormente la hice en casa y funcionaba . Hoy  lo he probado en exteriores y No funciona lo he intentado de todas las formas y No me funciona con el iPhone 6. Claramente es un fallo de Dji Go 4.
2018-12-4
Use props
Javiery70
lvl.1

Spain

2018-12-4
Use props
Aaron Rupp
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71575 ft
United States

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-9-19 23:10
where else on here have you seen people with the same problem?

I have the same problem and I've had 4 different new apple devices since this problem came started last year. I even contacted DJI to explain to them the problem. No resolve. I have apple devices. I tried on Iphone 8, 8 plus, Iphone XS MAX, Iphone 6 and Iphone 7. They all have the same problem. What sucks the most is it does it in Active Track with Dynamic Home point set to on. This means, if your on a 4 wheeler and you want the drone to follow you through the trails, good luck, it will stop within 180 ft from aircraft take off point. it won't automatically update your position according to your mobile device. Also it affects follow me mode. This is a bug in the GO 4 app. Only way to update your position to your mobile device, is to open your google maps, or Maps on the phone while the DJI GO4 is running, refresh your location on the google maps, keep it running in the background, and switch back to the go4 app, click on update your current location. It will work. But it will only work for a minute or so, then you have to go back into google maps and refresh your current location. It sucks when 4 wheeling or dirt biking, or even just riding a mountain bike. You have to constantly stop and refresh your location and then update your current position in go4. I've had this issue for past year and no one from DJI Gives a ...!
2019-3-31
Use props
fans54541339
lvl.1

United Kingdom

jaswrx Posted at 2018-11-18 12:55
uh no!  You sound ridiculous.  I am not the only problem at all. Do you know how to read, even in this thread, people are commenting.  It has been well documented, and DJI has even confirmed in writing to me personally that they are fully aware of the problem and are working on an app fix.

Everything I am saying makes sense.  The app does not allow you to set a home point based on the current location of the device.  It's only a ios problem, and it stopped working about 4 months ago.   I used to use this feature all the time, and then suddenly it stopped working, ON ALL MY ios devices.  I have even tried with other DJI Mavics and it's the same thing.  It's a bug, and I hope it gets fixed.

Hi Jaswrx
Ive read your posts with interest after having the very same issues. To me you make total sense apply a solid approach to this problem I don't get why people are being so slow to grasp this. I get why you must be pulling your hair out in frustration.

I read other comments about a fix being to get everything ready to fly and then unplug and replug the data cable into the iOS device.

This worked for me on my phone and iPad (which doesn't have cellular).

It also then worked the next five times I updated the position without unplugging replugging the data cable.

Im sure after a power down of everything and a power up I would have to do the unplug replug silliness.

Anyway its a fix that may work for you ... I hope so.

Best of luck
Tim
2019-5-28
Use props
fans54541339
lvl.1

United Kingdom

jaswrx Posted at 2018-11-18 12:55

Hi Jaswrx
Ive read your posts with interest after having the very same issues. To me you make total sense apply a solid approach to this problem I don't get why people are being so slow to grasp this. I get why you must be pulling your hair out in frustration.

I read other comments about a fix being to get everything ready to fly and then unplug and replug the data cable into the iOS device.

It also then worked the next five times I updated the position without unplugging replugging the data cable.

Im sure after a power down of everything and a power up I would have to do the unplug replug silliness.

Best of luck
Tim
2019-5-28
Use props
fans54541339
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi Jaswrx

Best of luck
Tim
2019-5-28
Use props
NHJerome
New

Optimus_Prime Posted at 2018-9-19 20:31
That is a bug from DJI Go 4 app for iOS, even device's GPS work correctly but always appear weak GPS and unable to set home point from RC. For Android device, it works good. Did you try on latest DJI Go 4 have just released?

Hi! I have same problem with Android device. So for Android device neither good.
2019-9-13
Use props
pcmavicair
lvl.1
United States

I have Mavic Air, and the problem still exited two days ago. I don't think DJI fixed the problem.
2020-6-6
Use props
johnmsch
lvl.1
United States

Posting this reply to follow this thread.  This bug is driving me nuts!

BTW, is there a way to just follow a thread or is posting to it the only way?
2020-6-7
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

johnmsch Posted at 6-7 13:32
Posting this reply to follow this thread.  This bug is driving me nuts!

BTW, is there a way to just follow a thread or is posting to it the only way?

This bug is driving me nuts!
Why?  
There are very few things you would need it for and there are workarounds for some.
2020-6-7
Use props
johnmsch
lvl.1
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-7 16:57
This bug is driving me nuts!
Why?  
There are very few things you would need it for and there are workarounds for some.

When shooting videos from a boat, we move far away from the starting home point.  The need is to set the home point to the controller location at the end of a run.  You can then bring it most of the way in using return to home point, cancelling once the drone is close and manually flying it back in.
2020-6-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

johnmsch Posted at 6-8 15:13
When shooting videos from a boat, we move far away from the starting home point.  The need is to set the home point to the controller location at the end of a run.  You can then bring it most of the way in using return to home point, cancelling once the drone is close and manually flying it back in.

If it's really critical to you to reset home to the controller's location, you could use a good Android tablet and be able to do that.

Or if you aren't flying far from the boat, it's a simple matter to reset the home point to the drone's current location a few times during the flight to keep the home point near the boat rather than miles back where you launched.
2020-6-8
Use props
fansb71388b0
New

United States

Newbie here.  This is crazy.  I love my Mavic 2 Pro but why doesn't this function work?  If I'm on the move with my drone and I lose sight of it, I can't have it return to my current location because I have an iPhone Xs?  I need to buy an android device because the DJI engineers can't fix their software glitch in two years?  Even my first cheap drone had a "return to controller" function.  Either the controller had a GPS chip or it communicated better with my iphone.  I have an old iPhone 7s.  Anyone know if that would work?
2020-6-28
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules