New Ronin-S Firmware Released(2018.09.20)
123Next >
27573 119 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kaptain Katsu
lvl.2
United States

I still get error 70 on my 1DX2. Actually seems like I get it more often than previous firmwares
2018-9-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Karma Cheng Posted at 2018-9-27 19:44
Just received my Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi-USB), but the AutoFocus still not working properly

Hi Karma Cheng, by 'Trigger autofocus', we mean pressing halfway the Camera Control Button to autofocus, if there is any issue, any chance to show us a short video? Thank you in advance.
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kenedy Torcatt Posted at 2018-9-26 16:00
Hi, I know now it's handling autofocus for Sony cameras using the cable, but is it handling as well the focus pulling as the Panasonic has?
Can we pull focus using the wheel? please let me know about this feature with this new cable for Sony cameras.

Hi Kenedy, the Pull Focus is still not available for Sony cameras at this firmware, please note the future update, thank you.
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Denny Photos Posted at 2018-9-28 11:37
Hi DJI,

1. Is the previous poster correct does Autofocus not work?

Hi D, the Auto Focus is working, please press halfway the Camera Control Button to autofocus, the Pull focus is still not available, please note our website about the further update, thank you.
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused, your concern has been transferred to our management department for attention, hope there would be some good news in the future.
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Kaptain Katsu Posted at 2018-9-28 19:49
I still get error 70 on my 1DX2. Actually seems like I get it more often than previous firmwares

Hi Kaptin, sorry that this firmware hasn't solved this problem, we are still working together with Canon to solve the SDK compatibility problem. We will try our best to figure it out as soon as possible. Please note the future update, thank you for your support.
2018-9-29
Use props
petrenko
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-26 01:23
Hi all, appreciate your feedback. The Ronin-S comes with three types of Multi-Camera Control Cable: MCC-C, MCC-B and RSS-IR. The Multi-Camera Control Cable (multi-USB, mini- USB) was released to support more camera models and provide more camera control features, therefore, it will need to be purchased separately, thank you for your attention and support.

As far as I see from some DJI advertising imagery - Sony is supposed to be supported from the start.

2018-9-30
Use props
petrenko
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-26 01:23
Hi all, appreciate your feedback. The Ronin-S comes with three types of Multi-Camera Control Cable: MCC-C, MCC-B and RSS-IR. The Multi-Camera Control Cable (multi-USB, mini- USB) was released to support more camera models and provide more camera control features, therefore, it will need to be purchased separately, thank you for your attention and support.

Ronin-S comes with three cables two of which don't work and one works extremely unreliably. It would be great if DJI resolve the issue by supplying proper cable.

PS: I'd be happy to send you all three cables for EUR 57 + EUR 24 for shipping. Would it be OK for you?
2018-9-30
Use props
Oliver Jacobs92
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi DJI Mindy, I do not want to be rude but you do realise you are dealing with for the most part professionals and I speak on my behalf when I say I spend alot of money on gear, but 50 quid on a cable !!
Get a grip and send it to re sellers where we can pick it up for free...
I can tell you now I will not bother buying you inspire drone if this continues and I don't think i am alone....
2018-9-30
Use props
Leem
lvl.2

Karma Cheng Posted at 2018-9-27 19:44
Just received my Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi-USB), but the AutoFocus still not working properly

You got your cable already. I ordered it the day the firmware went live and haven't even gotten any shipment info!
2018-10-1
Use props
Toadovision
lvl.1
United Kingdom

fansc3e85909 Posted at 2018-9-26 10:32
I’ll be glad when they get the Nikon D810 to work.

Me too.  The lack of live view is infuriating.  I have Smart Shooter 3 software, how is that relevant? Well the programmer is on the ball and produced live view functionality in record time when the D800 and D810 came out.  Maybe DJI should be reaching out to people who fully understand Nikon’s SDK?
2018-10-1
Use props
bornstar1713
lvl.1

India

Great thank you!
2018-10-1
Use props
Toadovision
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Oliver Jacobs92 Posted at 2018-9-30 13:55
Hi DJI Mindy, I do not want to be rude but you do realise you are dealing with for the most part professionals and I speak on my behalf when I say I spend alot of money on gear, but 50 quid on a cable !!
Get a grip and send it to re sellers where we can pick it up for free...
I can tell you now I will not bother buying you inspire drone if this continues and I don't think i am alone....

I’ve just tried to put a camera with the Ronin S baseplate attached onto a Manfrotto video head.  Technically it fits, but it won’t slide so it doesn’t balance.   Tried to swap the Ronin plate for a Manfrotto plate in the gimbal and it doesn’t fit.   Looks like I need to get the hacksaw out to get basic functionality.
2018-10-1
Use props
JohnyBeGood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1260 ft
Russia

Absolutely agree with Oliver, your company loses loyalty of professional community! Except software delay and cable delivery problems, there are no some information about FF 2006 and other modules. I hope 3-axis gods will came from heaven and give us some more clear information when we can transform stick in spaceship!
1_MUjn38IfXjfg6QU0-_jk0g.jpeg
2018-10-2
Use props
JohnyBeGood
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1260 ft
Russia

And about multi cable: I'm from Russia and there are no ways to order it here. Support agents send me to AliExpress official shop.. Really? Have you seen this? Just 12 items!this doesnt feels so customers friendly
Screenshot_20181003-070414.jpg
2018-10-2
Use props
Mira54
lvl.1

Ukraine

It's difficult to understand(
2018-10-4
Use props
Mira54
lvl.1

Ukraine

So cool! I'm happy to hear it!
2018-10-4
Use props
Codegit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141719 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

So sad, the FUJI X-T3 is the hottest selling camera right now and has NO In Body Stabilisation. The Ronin-S would be perfect for this camera, yet you seem to have NO INTEREST in supporting FUJI X, even though people have asked you many times. WEIRD!!! I will purchase another gimbal instead. GOODBYE!!
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Leem Posted at 2018-10-1 10:45
You got your cable already. I ordered it the day the firmware went live and haven't even gotten any shipment info!

Hi Leem, sorry for my late response because of the Chinese National Day, did you receive the cable? If not, may I have the order number for further check? Thank you.
2018-10-8
Use props
woodnbits
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-26 01:26
Hi there, sorry that we don't have any discount can be provided, it would be better to purchase it together with other DJI products, free shipping on orders over EUR 149. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

It's a little ridiculous that we have to buy an extra cable, but fine. It is a different cable and it's $19, not a huge deal. The slap in the face is the $15 shipping charge for a cable that could be mailed with a single stamp, and your suggestion is ... buy $70 of more stuff to get free shipping? Nah, I don't think so. The ronin s is the first and last DJI product I'll buy.
2018-10-9
Use props
fansb5912451
New

Has anyone tried the new update with the Canon Mark 3?   I ran the update.  Everything installed correctly.  I made sure the mark 3 firmware was updated to the newest version and still the focus pull and auto focus functions don't work.  Before I did the update the record button on the ronin s was working fine with the Mark 3 and now after the new update that doesn't work either.  Any ideas???
2018-10-9
Use props
Project7Eight
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I received my Ronin yesterday 09.10.18. After update 20.09.18 I was expecting to get all cables to connect my sony camera.  £17 maybe it’s not a big money, but if you will add another £14 for shipping it’s getting too expensive.  I know it’s extra revenue for you, but in longer term loyal customers will start thinking about other options. I really love your products and don't want to change my favourite  gear supplier because of stupid cable.
2018-10-10
Use props
gamer100
New

United States

level think maybe good
2018-10-10
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Ok so I just received the cable for Sony. The record button now works from the ronin but the zoom function is awful with the 18-105 power zoom. the zoom function sort of works if I rapidly spin the focus ring over and over.. but it just sporadically jumps small increments every 10-15 rotations..  am I missing something or is this what DJI considers functional?
2018-10-11
Use props
ErwinM1
lvl.2
United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2018-10-11 06:34
Ok so I just received the cable for Sony. The record button now works from the ronin but the zoom function is awful with the 18-105 power zoom. the zoom function sort of works if I rapidly spin the focus ring over and over.. but it just sporadically jumps small increments every 10-15 rotations..  am I missing something or is this what DJI considers functional?

Same here, it zooms in maybe 1mm per complete turn of the dial?
2018-10-11
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ErwinM1 Posted at 2018-10-11 08:31

yea, and if I leave the focus wheel on the ronin the zoom just creeps all all the way to 105 by itself..
2018-10-11
Use props
Spruce_Moose
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-9-29 00:11
Hi D, the Auto Focus is working, please press halfway the Camera Control Button to autofocus, the Pull focus is still not available, please note our website about the further update, thank you.

I have the new multi cable connected to my a6500 on my Ronin S and the camera control button starts the recording but the half press of that same button does not autofocus. What am I doing wrong?
2018-10-15
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

lol my cable left DHL facility on Saturday morning at 08.12 guess the driver is walking here to Ireland because it won't be here until Friday 19th
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

woodnbits Posted at 2018-10-9 13:32
It's a little ridiculous that we have to buy an extra cable, but fine. It is a different cable and it's $19, not a huge deal. The slap in the face is the $15 shipping charge for a cable that could be mailed with a single stamp, and your suggestion is ... buy $70 of more stuff to get free shipping? Nah, I don't think so. The ronin s is the first and last DJI product I'll buy.

Hi there, sorry for my late response since I was verifying with our engineers about your concern.
In the firmware of July, we have addressed the RSS-IR cable reliability issue of Ronin-S, after that, customers can control the shutter and AutoFocus of Sony model cameras via the RSS-IR cable. The new MCC-Multi cable was mainly released to add the Zoom control features to the Sony cameras to improve customer's experience, therefore, the MCC-Multi cable will need to be purchased separately. Appreciate your understanding.
Shipping fee will be free for orders over US $89, all the orders that are lower than US $89 will need to pay for the shipping cost, thanks for your understanding.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Spruce_Moose Posted at 2018-10-15 02:32
I have the new multi cable connected to my a6500 on my Ronin S and the camera control button starts the recording but the half press of that same button does not autofocus. What am I doing wrong?

Hi Spruce, firstly, please make sure the firmware is v1.5.0.40.
Then, please be sure to power on the Ronin-S before the camera, if the issue persists, we will need a short video for further support. Thank you.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 2018-10-15 09:23
lol my cable left DHL facility on Saturday morning at 08.12 guess the driver is walking here to Ireland because it won't be here until Friday 19th

Hi M2Wair, the package is on the way to your location, hope you will receive it soon.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

petrenko Posted at 2018-9-30 12:48
Ronin-S comes with three cables two of which don't work and one works extremely unreliably. It would be great if DJI resolve the issue by supplying proper cable.

PS: I'd be happy to send you all three cables for EUR 57 + EUR 24 for shipping. Would it be OK for you?

Hi petrenko, we have transferred your concern to our engineers and here is the response from our engineers: In the firmware of July, we have addressed the RSS-IR cable reliability issue of Ronin-S, after that, customers can control the shutter and AutoFocus of Sony model cameras via the RSS-IR cable. The new MCC-Multi cable was mainly released to add the Zoom control features to the Sony cameras to improve customer's experience, therefore, the MCC-Multi cable will need to be purchased separately. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansb5912451 Posted at 2018-10-9 15:20
Has anyone tried the new update with the Canon Mark 3?   I ran the update.  Everything installed correctly.  I made sure the mark 3 firmware was updated to the newest version and still the focus pull and auto focus functions don't work.  Before I did the update the record button on the ronin s was working fine with the Mark 3 and now after the new update that doesn't work either.  Any ideas???

Hi there, sorry for the late response, may I know if the issue persists? Please note Pull focus and autofocus are only available with MCC-Mini which will need to be purchased separately.
With RSS-IR cable, we can only Start/stop recording video and Capture photo, please make sure to select the correct camera model in Create--Camera Control of the APP.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Project7Eight Posted at 2018-10-10 04:34
I received my Ronin yesterday 09.10.18. After update 20.09.18 I was expecting to get all cables to connect my sony camera.  £17 maybe it’s not a big money, but if you will add another £14 for shipping it’s getting too expensive.  I know it’s extra revenue for you, but in longer term loyal customers will start thinking about other options. I really love your products and don't want to change my favourite  gear supplier because of stupid cable.

Hi Project7Eight, I understand your concern, but this has been settled and this is not what I can change, more accessories will be released, I can only recommend purchasing together when you need other devices, which may save the shipping cost, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Marktho1 Posted at 2018-10-11 06:34

Hi Marktho 1, sorry for the troubles during the zoom, the issue has been forwarded to our engineers and we will get it optimized in the future firmware upgrade. Thanks for your patience.
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ErwinM1 Posted at 2018-10-11 08:31

Hi ErwinM1, sorry to hear that, may I have the model of your lens?
2018-10-16
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-15 23:19
Hi M2Wair, the package is on the way to your location, hope you will receive it soon.

Thanks DJI Mindy, I'm sure it will be here this week, so no issues.
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 2018-10-16 01:38
Thanks DJI Mindy, I'm sure it will be here this week, so no issues.

Alright, if there is any issue, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-10-16
Use props
Spruce_Moose
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-15 23:15
Hi Spruce, firstly, please make sure the firmware is v1.5.0.40.
Then, please be sure to power on the Ronin-S before the camera, if the issue persists, we will need a short video for further support. Thank you.

Hi Mindy,

I have found the issue. I use back button focus (half press shutter no longer controls the focus) on all my sony cameras. This Ronin S update requires the AF w/ Shutter option to be turned on for it to work. This should have been in the notes. Is there a way around this so i don't have to change my focus mode each time? Future update maybe?
2018-10-16
Use props
Spruce_Moose
lvl.2
Australia

Spruce_Moose Posted at 2018-10-16 03:34
Hi Mindy,

I have found the issue. I use back button focus (half press shutter no longer controls the focus) on all my sony cameras. This Ronin S update requires the AF w/ Shutter option to be turned on for it to work. This should have been in the notes. Is there a way around this so i don't have to change my focus mode each time? Future update maybe?

UPDATE: Correct me if i'm wrong but this new Ronin S auto focus option for Sony doesn't work when in  film mode using MF?
2018-10-16
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules