New Ronin-S Firmware Released(2018.09.20)
27606 119 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-15 23:19
Hi M2Wair, the package is on the way to your location, hope you will receive it soon.

DJI Mindy the cable arrived tonight at 20:24 no signature required and left on the doorstep.... but it did get here.
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 2018-10-16 11:49
DJI Mindy the cable arrived tonight at 20:24 no signature required and left on the doorstep.... but it did get here.

Glad to know that, please test its performance and let us know if there is any further issue.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Spruce_Moose Posted at 2018-10-16 03:52
UPDATE: Correct me if i'm wrong but this new Ronin S auto focus option for Sony doesn't work when in  film mode using MF?

Hi Spruce, that is right, please make sure the camera focus mode is set to AF.
2018-10-17
Use props
Spruce_Moose
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-17 02:30
Hi Spruce, that is right, please make sure the camera focus mode is set to AF.

So did i just buy a cable that allows me the option to autofocus through the camera control button but only in the mode AF-C (in film) which is already going to be automatically autofocusing anyway? It would be better if, in MF while filming, the button allowed me to acquire a focus point like my back focus does. The function as it stands doesn't make sense as it's targeted towards filmmakers.
2018-10-17
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-17 02:09
Glad to know that, please test its performance and let us know if there is any further issue.

M2Wair2 (Miche) Tested and activated the ronin s today and so far no issues whatsoever.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

M2Wair Posted at 2018-10-17 07:00
M2Wair2 (Miche) Tested and activated the ronin s today and so far no issues whatsoever.

Alright, hope you enjoy shooting, if there is any problem, please don't hesitate to let us know.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Spruce_Moose Posted at 2018-10-17 03:38
So did i just buy a cable that allows me the option to autofocus through the camera control button but only in the mode AF-C (in film) which is already going to be automatically autofocusing anyway? It would be better if, in MF while filming, the button allowed me to acquire a focus point like my back focus does. The function as it stands doesn't make sense as it's targeted towards filmmakers.

Your frustration will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-18
Use props
petrenko
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-15 23:40
Hi petrenko, we have transferred your concern to our engineers and here is the response from our engineers: In the firmware of July, we have addressed the RSS-IR cable reliability issue of Ronin-S, after that, customers can control the shutter and AutoFocus of Sony model cameras via the RSS-IR cable. The new MCC-Multi cable was mainly released to add the Zoom control features to the Sony cameras to improve customer's experience, therefore, the MCC-Multi cable will need to be purchased separately. Appreciate your understanding.

Hi Mindy. Probably engineers need to go and test cables outside. For example, on a typical sunny wedding day where IR works consistently unreliably with any firmware.
2018-10-18
Use props
Spruce_Moose
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-18 03:38
Your frustration will be forwarded to our engineers for attention, sorry again for the inconvenience caused.

Thankyou Mindy that is much appreciated. I'm really hoping that the half press will eventually be able to acquire focus while filming in MF, that would be amazing. Basically, the ability to set the half press function up as a back focus button like many professionals use for film and photography would benefit every Sony user. What's the chance of that happening? 

2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

petrenko Posted at 2018-10-18 14:21
Hi Mindy. Probably engineers need to go and test cables outside. For example, on a typical sunny wedding day where IR works consistently unreliably with any firmware.

Hi petrenko, we will keep improving the RSS-IR cable reliability, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Spruce_Moose Posted at 2018-10-18 18:08
Thankyou Mindy that is much appreciated. I'm really hoping that the half press will eventually be able to acquire focus while filming in MF, that would be amazing. Basically, the ability to set the half press function up as a back focus button like many professionals use for film and photography would benefit every Sony user. What's the chance of that happening? 

Your need has been transferred, we will keep improving our product to make customers have a better experience.
2018-10-21
Use props
Leem
lvl.2

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-8 00:57
Hi Leem, sorry for my late response because of the Chinese National Day, did you receive the cable? If not, may I have the order number for further check? Thank you.

Sorry, I had just seen this post. I did receive my cable.
2018-10-21
Use props
petrenko
lvl.1
Switzerland

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-21 03:09
Hi petrenko, we will keep improving the RSS-IR cable reliability, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I'd concentrate on doing right things right, not doing wrong things more efficiently...
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Leem Posted at 2018-10-21 13:31
Sorry, I had just seen this post. I did receive my cable.

Thanks for keeping us updated, please let us know if there is any issue, thank you.
2018-10-22
Use props
moresnowplease
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4758123 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-22 04:55
Thanks for keeping us updated, please let us know if there is any issue, thank you.

Hello Mindy,

Thanks for your patience with all of us and your clam demeanor

Specifically regarding the Sony A7III: is DJI engineering currently working on a solution to allow for pulling focus ? I read the notes at the bottom of the September update and it stated that they were working on USB shutter control. Can we please add/request pull focus be added to this official list.
2018-10-22
Use props
JaeKangMoobies
New
South Korea

This update “bricked” my Ronin S.  Anyone who law get this as well? Any fix?
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

JaeKangMoobies Posted at 2018-10-22 20:15
This update “bricked” my Ronin S.  Anyone who law get this as well? Any fix?

Hi JaeKang, what happened after the firmware upgrade? May we have more details? Thank you.
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

moresnowplease Posted at 2018-10-22 14:48
Hello Mindy,

Thanks for your patience with all of us and your clam demeanor

Hi there, thanks for your support to DJI, the USB shutter control cable has been released but our engineers are still working on the Pulling Focus feature, please note our website about the further update, we will also keep you updated in Forum when the new firmware is released.
2018-10-23
Use props
yuft gtdr
lvl.1

Egypt

Hi DJI,

1. Is the previous poster correct does Autofocus not work?
and
2. Can we pull focus using the focus wheel on a Sony A7R III with the 24-70 GM 2.8 for example?

Best Regards,
2018-10-23
Use props
Martyfilm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1159688 ft

Any RED or Arri Support coming down the pipeline?

I've flown this system with a RED Dragon and a Canon 16-35 on it. It'd be nice to control focus there too!

Thanks

-Marty
2018-10-23
Use props
Spruce_Moose
lvl.2
Australia

yuft gtdr Posted at 2018-10-23 14:24
Hi DJI,

1. Is the previous poster correct does Autofocus not work?

From my experience using this cable, it's function is pretty useless for filmmakers using Sony. You would think that by half pressing the button, it would acquire focus and then you press record to shoot. Unfortunately the only option this autofocus works in in film is AF-C which the camera is automatically looking for a focus point anyway so no point to the half press button. Don't buy it thinking you can use it to lock focus on things and then record. This option may be available in future updates but that's yet to be seen.
2018-10-29
Use props
fans31da4e25
lvl.1
Indonesia

Can ronin s work with g85 using ronin mx control cable?
2018-10-31
Use props
Err0xx
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if it has been covered but those buying the multi cable with hope of controlling Sony zoom are out of luck at the moment. As per DJI email:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

We are sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the Ronin-S regarding the zoom function which is inaccurate and unusable.
We did report this with our senior engineers and they have told us that there is an issue with the zoom function which they will fix the issue on the next firmware update that they will release.
There is no problem with the cable it just needs a firmware update to fix the issue.
They will be releasing a new firmware update soon but no confirmed exact date yet.

Kindly check our website from time to time for new updates regarding the Ronin-S.
We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Your understanding is very much appreciated.

If there is anything else, don't hesitate to reach us again.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Best Regards
Christian
DJI Customer Support
2018-11-8
Use props
fans1cb9ffe8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 298504 ft
  • >>>
Italy

When for fuji?!
2018-11-10
Use props
Amansetia_26
New
India

Lawless116 Posted at 9-20 05:59
USB Support for sony?!?! YESSS

Is it working with sony?
2018-11-20
Use props
Amansetia_26
New
India

Hi! I'm unable to connect Ronin with my sony a6000 via USB, it keeps on saying, check the connected device. Any solution?
2018-11-20
Use props
rruiz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6322 ft
  • >>>
Mexico

Subscribed..
2018-11-23
Use props
rruiz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

Is really confuse the new name of the cable vs the ones that come with the Ronin...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/s ... amp;Top+Nav-Search=
If you review the B&H name, is different, but the picture they used and the description is the same...

So for my Sony a7rii is required the Multi-USB or MIni-USB?
So B&H is selling the old ones? Those that come with the equipment ?

Roberto
2018-11-24
Use props
ShamPh0t
lvl.1
Germany

And the Canon 1DX Mii?!? Really folks, if DJI delivers professional products to professionals then the professional cameras have to be fully supported! Is anyone listening?
2018-11-29
Use props
rruiz
lvl.2
  • >>>
Mexico

rruiz Posted at 11-24 05:20
Is really confuse the new name of the cable vs the ones that come with the Ronin...

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=dji%20mini-%20USB&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Any news @dji Mandy ?
2018-12-3
Use props
djiuser_R70H38FVfkGT
New

United States

The Sony A7iii doesn't have a USB-mini connection. The new cable is worthless. The camera only has USB-c or USB-micro.
2018-12-11
Use props
djiuser_R70H38FVfkGT
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-26 01:23
Hi all, appreciate your feedback. The Ronin-S comes with three types of Multi-Camera Control Cable: MCC-C, MCC-B and RSS-IR. The Multi-Camera Control Cable (multi-USB, mini- USB) was released to support more camera models and provide more camera control features, therefore, it will need to be purchased separately, thank you for your attention and support.

DJI claims this cable is needed for the Sony A7III - this is wrong. I bought the cable and it's a USB-mini which doesn't fit the Sony A7III. The USB-C or USB-micro doesn't seem to connect to the Ronin-s . Any thoughts why? All have the latest firmware.
2018-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_R70H38FVfkGT Posted at 12-11 15:16
DJI claims this cable is needed for the Sony A7III - this is wrong. I bought the cable and it's a USB-mini which doesn't fit the Sony A7III. The USB-C or USB-micro doesn't seem to connect to the Ronin-s . Any thoughts why? All have the latest firmware.

Hello there, may I verify if you purchased the wrong cable? For Sony cameras, the correct USB control cable is Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi), please check more details here: https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-camera-control-cable-multi
2018-12-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

rruiz Posted at 12-3 06:14
Any news @dji Mandy ?

Hi rruiz, sorry for the late response, please reply to one of my posts if you need any assistance then I can receive the notification and reply timely.
Multi-Camera Control Cable (Multi) is the correct cable for Sony camera, please check more details here: https://store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-camera-control-cable-multi
You can also refer to our compatible list of the corresponding cable: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... y_List_20181119.pdf
2018-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ShamPh0t Posted at 11-29 03:00
And the Canon 1DX Mii?!? Really folks, if DJI delivers professional products to professionals then the professional cameras have to be fully supported! Is anyone listening?

Hi ShamPh0t, sorry for the late response, Canon EOS-1D X Mark II is supported, please make sure your firmware version is v1.6.0.50 and above, thank you.
2018-12-14
Use props
fans18d08cf5
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Have Ronin S cable working on SONY Alpha II to drive optical zoom on power zoom lens but movement is very very slow.  Is there any way of calibrating speed of focus wheel to speed up zoom response?  Thanks.  
2018-12-16
Use props
fans18d08cf5
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

fans18d08cf5 Posted at 12-16 02:36
Have Ronin S cable working on SONY Alpha II to drive optical zoom on power zoom lens but movement is very very slow.  Is there any way of calibrating speed of focus wheel to speed up zoom response?  Thanks.

Found it! Under create menu in Ronin app is Sony
Camera option that allows fast and slow zoom option.
2018-12-16
Use props
klml
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213488 ft
United Kingdom

I bought the new multi cable for one reason - to power the Sony A7s II from the Ronin as now it has the right connector compatible with Sony and now I see it does not pass the power to the camera. Most important function for the Sony... Zhiyun can do this. DJI you have to try harder....
2019-1-2
Use props
klml
lvl.1
Flight distance : 213488 ft
United Kingdom

I bought the new multi cable for one reason - to power the Sony A7s II from the Ronin as now it has the right connector compatible with Sony and now I see it does not pass the power to the camera. Most important function for the Sony... Zhiyun can do this. DJI you have to try harder....
2019-1-2
Use props
Will Antill
New

United Kingdom

I have bought the new cable and it still won’t even make my a7iii record
2019-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules