Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Autel Evo 4K60 vs M2Pro
8008 58 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raincast
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

SkinJob2501 Posted at 2018-9-21 05:58
I dont advocate any kind of plagiarism, but the Chinese companies have been stealing US technology, and getting away with it, for decades. All we need is one strong, well funded american company to bring DJI tech to the States.....and improve on it vastly. Its possible, just requires $$$x10^23....which is hard to come by here since people work for a wage. Hopefully, someone smart and well funded comes to bat in the near future here in the USA. I have no problem buying a Chinese product, many of them are excellent, plenty of them suck to the max. Stateside features, technology and support would help drive the market in a positive direction. Creating actual competition instead of a monopoly, driving costs for new and exciting features down and bringing amazing products to market....for everyone....What we currently have is an expensive product (with a fairly wealthy fanboy base, mostly because our choices are limited for such an expensive past time / employment avenue).

I hope that Autel can rise to the occasion, hopefully this stumbling block is a forced step in the right direction for them and they rise to the occasion, make a cool drone that more can afford that can have a good (if not better) track record than DJI (which is a very high bar to set) and bring UAS tech to the masses and not just the wealthy etc.

I personally think the cost of DJI's products (except the M2P) is pretty reasonable for the tech package, from the Spark to Mavic 1 to the Ronin-S. I think that's why it's so hard for North American companies to compete, because they'd be losing money at the price points DJI is selling them at. I do feel that the M2P shouldn't be priced like the P4Pro but it seems that they don't want to replace the first Mavic and instead complement it at higher tiers.
Also, DJI started in 2006 and have been making drones earlier than other companies. I'm not sure about the plagiarism you've mentioned.
2018-9-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Raincast Posted at 2018-9-20 20:33
Yeah, DJI is pretty ahead when it comes to software and interface. Even their other products like the Ronin are praised for that stuff. I think there was that other drone that could follow you while you were jogging underneath the trees but it lacked everything else that even the Mavic1 has. I hope it will get Autel to be more aggressive on their future drones to stay in the market.

The Skydio drone you are referring to might be able to follow you through trees, but it doesn't have the range or the speed or fly for as long as the Mavic Pro.

I expect Autel will be more aggressive in its endeavor to catch up to if not leapfrog DJI in the drone rankings list, but judging from DJI's market share it will be a long time before that happens.
2018-9-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

lvK0bgqCXaWs Posted at 2018-9-21 01:32
"the Mavic 2 has omni-obstacle avoidance"
watch my video here on the obstacle avoidance somewhere, and is it still an advantage...

I will thanks for your comments.
2018-9-21
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 2018-9-21 06:12
My friend bought an Autel Xstar Premium, from the day he bought it, not a single update, he got fed up with me and my Mavic Pro, with so many updates, new features, that's how I see the M2 progressing.

Updates aren't bad imo, I guess it means the company is still supporting your product haha
2018-9-21
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

No Man's Drone Posted at 2018-9-21 06:50
Me too. My S7 Edge has been working flawlessly since Mavic 1.

I'm waiting for Samsung's foldable phone or the S10 so that I can use the S7 as pure monitor for the RC.
2018-9-21
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 2018-9-21 06:53
I am looking forward to compare the actual footage produced. A drone for me is a flying camera. An I do not really count on big marketing buzzwords aka "Hasselblad or 1" sensor" if the output is as embarrassing as the FOV 4K crap produced by the M2P. (which is essentially 2,7K inflated, carrying not more information)

I presume the Autel "60fps 4K" will not be much better... just cheated pixel binning...

Hey, with the latest update it sounds like they fixed a lot of things. Looking at Youtube footage that were uploaded this week, I think their footage looks similar to the new Mavics. People are saying the Mavic 2 is too saturated but is better than the Evo in low light. If Evo had a 1" sensor though....
2018-9-21
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

davidmartingraf Posted at 2018-9-21 06:57
The Skydio drone you are referring to might be able to follow you through trees, but it doesn't have the range or the speed or fly for as long as the Mavic Pro.

I expect Autel will be more aggressive in its endeavor to catch up to if not leapfrog DJI in the drone rankings list, but judging from DJI's market share it will be a long time before that happens.

I think they were trying to release a good drone early this year but it wasn't ready. I hope they don't end up like the Karma.
2018-9-21
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
  • >>>

Raincast Posted at 2018-9-21 07:50
I think they were trying to release a good drone early this year but it wasn't ready. I hope they don't end up like the Karma.

Yes, it would be nice to see a healthy competitive industry.
2018-9-21
Use props
vdh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 193786 ft
  • >>>
Australia

MagicRide Posted at 2018-9-20 12:54
The biggest mistake Autel made was not to put out a 1" sensor. If they would have had that drone with a 1" sensor and the 60 fps that they already have, I would have bought one in a flash. I'm not afraid to say that the picture quality of the Autel Evo is outstanding and probably better than that of the M2P even as it is. I'm going to wait and hopefully the guys at Autel see the opportunity to make a killing on this market.

The other mistake Autel made is not releasing to the world market.It's not available in most countries unless we buy from The U.S.....& send it back there is we have a problem
2018-9-21
Use props
MagicRide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

Here's a video from Captain Drone addressing the  picture quality of the Mavic 2 pro.
2018-9-21
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

MagicRide Posted at 2018-9-21 20:44
Here's a video from Captain Drone addressing the  picture quality of the Mavic 2 pro.https://youtu.be/AAuaa2kum20

Here's an Evo vs M2P footage that just got posted today. He says for photos M2P wins by a mile but with video it's not always the case.

2018-9-22
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

vdh Posted at 2018-9-21 17:52
The other mistake Autel made is not releasing to the world market.It's not available in most countries unless we buy from The U.S.....& send it back there is we have a problem

I guess they wanted to reduce the risk of spreading out too much plus the costs involved. DJI is pretty big and widespread, although I hope DJI Care gets expanded to more countries.
2018-9-22
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

MagicRide Posted at 2018-9-20 12:54
The biggest mistake Autel made was not to put out a 1" sensor. If they would have had that drone with a 1" sensor and the 60 fps that they already have, I would have bought one in a flash. I'm not afraid to say that the picture quality of the Autel Evo is outstanding and probably better than that of the M2P even as it is. I'm going to wait and hopefully the guys at Autel see the opportunity to make a killing on this market.

If Autel had come out with a 1 inch sensor and charged  $1500  would people say you can't charge that much ?   But with DJI it is OK , I was just thinking you can get a EVO and a Spark for the price of the Mavic 2 Pro.
2018-9-22
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

Raincast Posted at 2018-9-21 06:56
I personally think the cost of DJI's products (except the M2P) is pretty reasonable for the tech package, from the Spark to Mavic 1 to the Ronin-S. I think that's why it's so hard for North American companies to compete, because they'd be losing money at the price points DJI is selling them at. I do feel that the M2P shouldn't be priced like the P4Pro but it seems that they don't want to replace the first Mavic and instead complement it at higher tiers.
Also, DJI started in 2006 and have been making drones earlier than other companies. I'm not sure about the plagiarism you've mentioned.

China, in general, is a powerhouse for US copyright ripoffs. Just look at their airforce....Im speaking generally.
2018-9-22
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

vdh Posted at 2018-9-21 17:52

Exactly!
It’s not available in Spain or anywhere in Europe.
I think it’s ONLY in US, which is a shame.
Autel is not going to sell many that way and honestly with now the release of mavic 2,
Autel Evo has it’s days numbered Unfortunatelly.
There’s just no way at the moment that anyone can compete with DJI.

Fly safe
Alex
2018-9-22
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-22 08:50
If Autel had come out with a 1 inch sensor and charged  $1500  would people say you can't charge that much ?   But with DJI it is OK , I was just thinking you can get a EVO and a Spark for the price of the Mavic 2 Pro.

I was thinking of the Iphones when I read your text.
2018-9-22
Use props
miketmtpro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1883940 ft
United States

Well I have had DJI products for a while. Our co bought M2P's and a couple Evo's, and a Yuneec TH.. Many things about both of those drones that compare, and areas that do not.

I never fly with OA, I never fly past VLOS so none of the things bragged about matter for me. Flight times are equivalent with a min and a half favoring M2P. The apps and ability to fly uninterrupted are what benefit most. That said, as 107 you still have to go through the FAA hoops, and regs.

DJI is just a massive enterprise. Competition have a real uphill battle. Great products are to be found in all these companies. DJI, Autel, Parrot (Anafi), Yuneec H series, and so on. Co I am with uses them all. WHen we need that upward camera, there is only one place to go. For 4K 60, we have that in a couple options.  Almost all of our big commercial zoning are T-H, and P4P. None are the be all end all. It's like other tools, and cameras we use. Canon and Nikon now have to compete heavy with Sony which is really good given the simplicity, quality for it's size and lower weight.
2019-5-17
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Great... now we will have idiots not only braking the altitude & VLOS rules but also able to fly in airport runways or above people's heads until our hobby gets banned totally...
2019-5-17
Use props
El Diabolico
lvl.4

Germany

Great... now we will have idiots not only braking the altitude & VLOS rules but also able to fly in airport runways or above people's heads until our hobby gets banned totally...
2019-5-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules