687 13 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneSupremacy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2060915 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Ever since i got my DJI Mavic 2 Pro i really wanted to see how it will stack up against the DJI Mavic Air and the DJI Spark - my previous drones which I loved using.

So I took all three to a couple of locations and tried using the closest settings to make a fair comparison (well, mostly between the Air and the Mavic 2 Pro to be honest, the Spark footage was just for fun).

So the results came out to be.. surprising. Remember - it's not all about the camera and the specs, it's about what you can do with it!

Hope you guys enjoy!

Mike
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for sharing this video comparison. We appreciate taking time making this possible. Have a safe flight always.
2018-9-20
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Thank you Mike. Wise words.
2018-9-20
Use props
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891404 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really interesting comparison!
2018-9-20
Use props
nixuspix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Very interesting comparison. Thanks for it
2018-9-20
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

I took the M2P for several reason because I haven't other drones, because its portability, because I can fly for 27 min with one battery going far away from me with a very strong rc signal. And yes allo because of its camera. I think that the quality of a camera comes out in bad light conditions and when the scene is full of details. In these condition the result could be different.
2018-9-20
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

I have a Mavic Air which I love, however I've been wanting to buy a Mavic 2 pro or zoom but after watching many many videos on youtube, all I can say is that the video quality of the Mavic 2 pro in day time is not good at all. Most of the footage I've seen in 4k looks flat, orangish, with little or no resolution, without that crisp quality that this well known expensive camera should be putting out. Landscapes look like green mushy  carpets without any resolution of trees or grass. In all honestly in day light my Mavic Air just eats up the Mavic 2 pro. It's funny that in darkness the M2P shines and puts out beautiful crisp well defined footage. So it's basically a night camera. Now the Mavic zoom picture wise looks pretty good, but is it worth to spend $1200 for just the zoom when I have just as good a camera in the Mavic Air? I'm hoping DJI can put out firmware that can change all of this, but at this time I can't justify buying these drones. Also the Zoom should have optical 4X instead of 2x, why not go all the way. I know DJI has the technology to do this.
2018-9-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good work
2018-9-20
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>

Nicely done - thanks for sharing.
2018-9-20
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

You nailed it. Except if I was scammed into buying a air, I would be raged too like a monkey in a cage where the guy raking the stick across the bars.. I blame that british asian guy for saying it had all the features of the m1 in his propaganda video.

Saved my friend who was in the market for a drone. He sent me that guys video and had his hand on the buy button, called him real quick https://bit.ly/2PPYsHh Now he has the m2 and called me back https://bit.ly/2NtsT9z
2018-9-20
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Now, if the Mavic Air had occusync................that would have been awesome.
2018-9-20
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

thx 4 sharing nice
2018-9-20
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

Charissa Posted at 2018-9-20 22:15
Now, if the Mavic Air had occusync................that would have been awesome.

and 360 obstacle view and 31 min flight time and just less props noise and hyperlapse and active track 2.0 and adjustable aperture
2018-9-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work!      
2018-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now