Remote will not change over 30%
882 11 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Just flying
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8543 ft
United States

After a new update to my controller now it only charges to 30% and light go out like it fully charged. Anyone else having this problem
2018-9-20
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Maybe try refreshing the firmware first.
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to do the power cycle on your RC? Did you manage to check the DJI GO 4 app if there's an error message? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-9-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You May also try depleting the battery down to a lower voltage and then attempt to recharge it.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-20
Use props
Just flying
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-20 09:23
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to do the power cycle on your RC? Did you manage to check the DJI GO 4 app if there's an error message? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

There was no error message.  It was a 100% charged at beginning of flight  I took off and it began  warning  me the controller battery was critically low . Landed and tried to recharge.  It never charged over 30% I’m scared to put it back in the air
2018-9-20
Use props
Just flying
lvl.2
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-9-20 09:23
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. Have you tried to do the power cycle on your RC? Did you manage to check the DJI GO 4 app if there's an error message? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.

There was no error message.  It was a 100% charged at beginning of flight  I took off and it began  warning  me the controller battery was critically low . Landed and tried to recharge.  It never charged over 30% I’m scared to put it back in the air
2018-9-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Just flying Posted at 2018-9-20 09:54

Drain the battery to zero, let it cool down good, then try the charge again.

RedHotPoker
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Just flying Posted at 2018-9-20 09:52

Hi, Thanks for your response. I would like to ask if you manage to do the power cycle? If yes, please contact our support for you to send the RC back to our facility for further evaluation. Kindly see the link below.

www.dji.com/support
2018-9-23
Use props
acornau0
New
Flight distance : 62477 ft
Australia

Yes.  My Phantom 4 won't charge.  I've updated firmware, as best possible drained the battery but it will not fly as message says, 'controller battery not charged.'  An option is to get a new one, but the forums mention that it may just happen again.  Is this bad service.  At the cost of these units and the engineering and R&D, this should not happen.
2018-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

acornau0 Posted at 11-3 00:59
Yes.  My Phantom 4 won't charge.  I've updated firmware, as best possible drained the battery but it will not fly as message says, 'controller battery not charged.'  An option is to get a new one, but the forums mention that it may just happen again.  Is this bad service.  At the cost of these units and the engineering and R&D, this should not happen.

Fear not, DJI will fix you up.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-3
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 9-20 11:48
Drain the battery to zero, let it cool down good, then try the charge again.

Sounds like a plan, I would do the same.
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

KEJ Posted at 11-5 22:42
Sounds like a plan, I would do the same.

Hopefully we never encounter a battery that performs this way.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules