Phone shutdown
514 6 2018-9-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Had a different thing happen tonight. I was flying M2P with Samsung S7. Shooting video with monitor set to 1080p. A few minutes in, phone went completly black. At first I thought the App crashed, but I was finally able to restart it. (Phone) and a message popped up sayinng mobile device was overpowered and image setting was being changed to 'normal'.
I had already executed RTH and when phone came back up I cancelled it and landed it manually. (As usual)
I have only logged 10 flights on this bird so far and always had the image set to 1080p. What was different this time was I shot video. On the other 9 flights all stills.
The phone got very hot also.
So, the phone was overloaded. Come on DJI...... enable the CrystalSky.
This is a flashback to when I had an Inspire 1 that I had flown for over a year with an Ipad Mini 2 with no problems. Then after a FW update suddenly the Ipad Mini was obsoter with 2-4 second latency and endless messages of overloaded CPU........

Anyone else had this occur???

2018-9-20
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

The Crystal Sky was enabled two days ago , also did you turn off the cache  on your phone ?
2018-9-20
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-20 19:33
The Crystal Sky was enabled two days ago , also did you turn off the cache  on your phone ?

Hmmm I wasn't aware that the CS was finally enabled.
Funny.. I turned mine on yesterday and checked for updates and it didn't see any.
Yeah, need to shut off the cache also. I never go to it unless I go there to delete all of it.
2018-9-20
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It happened on my dedicated IPHONE6S+ since the first flight. I am sure DJI packed so many processing that older phones are NOT keeping up with the power demands. One thing, I got the warning but it NEVER shut down.

It always happened when you are flying fast and recording. So when I slow down no more warning messages.

My phone is dedicated nothing running on it except GO4 and UAV forecast.

I am waitIng on the new IPHONE am sure it has plenty of processing powers to handle the MP2, EITHER ONE!

2018-9-20
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>

Kingram Posted at 2018-9-20 19:33
The Crystal Sky was enabled two days ago , also did you turn off the cache  on your phone ?

So, I just tried updating my CS and it sees the Mavic 2 as a Mavic Pro.
Mavic 2 is not a choice under equipment...….So, what's the secret handshake???
2018-9-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the trouble caused. Actually, CrystalSky is now finally compatible with the Mavic 2 Zoom and Pro. Kindly make sure to update the firmware to the latest version for reliability purposes. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.
2018-9-21
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
  • >>>

OK. Finally got it.
I did a reset of the CS / erase everything. After that, it saw the update of Go4 was available.
After doing that, it now connects to the M2P.
FINALLY!!! I can quit using my phone as a monitor.
RC battery is lasting far longer now also.
2018-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules