2 seconds RAW interval
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sys101
lvl.2
Israel

• does anyone know if 2 seconds interval RAW shooting, is something that will be available in future updates of the Phantom 4 advanced?

2018-9-20
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Hi
I see we have it down to 5 seconds, but I am assuming for some sort of time lapse 2 seconds is more desirable ?

I would have thought not that difficult to add providing the willingness and number of users are there.

May I ask why you are requesting it, as if it is for the above its not something I have played with yet and I am always interested in trying new things.

Cheers
2018-9-22
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

I do not think that will happen, because it takes longer time to write a RAW image to the SD card than two seconds.  ;-)

Regards Leif.
2018-9-22
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Landbo Posted at 2018-9-22 05:38
I do not think that will happen, because it takes longer time to write a RAW image to the SD card than two seconds.  ;-)

Regards Leif.

I think I understand what you mean and whilst I take HDR/Bracketed shots 5 at a time, I assume these get cached and can therefore be written to the SD card before the next similar shot is taken.

Whereas if you are saying that a continuous process of a shot every 2 seconds may potentially cause an issue with processing, cache overflow and write times.

However, 2 seconds may be enough time, it would be interesting to hear DJI official technical response as if it can cope admittedly with high 4k 60fps processing, although I appreciate the amount of data per frame is less.

Expert knowledge required(unless of course you have already provided that), good point.
2018-9-22
Use props
sys101
lvl.2
Israel

KEJ Posted at 2018-9-22 02:07
Hi
I see we have it down to 5 seconds, but I am assuming for some sort of time lapse 2 seconds is more desirable ?

It would be nice to have the opportunity to shoot 2 seconds RAW interval, because the flight time is a little bit more then 20 minutes. when shooting day to night time lapse, it will make a Hugh difference. It is a must have feature.
2018-9-22
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

sys101 Posted at 2018-9-22 09:28
It would be nice to have the opportunity to shoot 2 seconds RAW interval, because the flight time is a little bit more then 20 minutes. when shooting day to night time lapse, it will make a Hugh difference. It is a must have feature.

Thanks for the info
2018-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules