A praise to DJI support
896 5 2018-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vannibombonato
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325778 ft
Italy

Just wanted to praise DJI support: they're repairing at zero cost my broken Mavic Pro gimbal (it just sopped working, no fault on my side), well outside of warranty timing (it's a 2years+ Mavic Pro).

Kudos to them.
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate your thought about your recent repair service to us. Have a safe flight always.
2018-9-21
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah they replaced mine with a new one about a month ago due to signal issues. They stand behind their products!
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Bob Brown Posted at 2018-9-21 02:48
Yeah they replaced mine with a new one about a month ago due to signal issues. They stand behind their products!

Hi Bob, thanks for your kind words about our customer service, which give us the motivation to keep moving, enjoy flying.
2018-9-21
Use props
fans0ce2c58c
lvl.1
United States

Well May I inquire to whoever might be of any help? Please!... So I had a disconnect & fly away with my Spark just a couple of weeks back. & I lost ALL of my shots from the entirety of an 8 day trip that Id taken SPECIFICALLY to go to these places to get some great shots!! & I made it home w/o my AC or anY of the shots! Heartwrenching to say the least!! I Did everything by the book! As i  always do! & Opened the remote antennas, attached my range extender & plugged in my iPhone w/OTG cable. & Powered on remote. Then removed my gimbal cover & Prop locks. Attached the battery safety strap & landing gear. & Powered on the aircraft. I waited, as always for the GPS Home Point to set & make the audible announcement.... I fly up & out unhindered. But then at 1min 50secs, 260ft up & 900ft out, For NO apparent reason! My AC, in clear unobstructed line of sight & Without ANY Warning whatsoever suddenly decides to disconnect with the remote & Vanish! Not attempting even one time, to reconnect With the remote! Nor were there any Beeps, flashes, blinking lights or warning signs of ANY Kind! & There was next to no interference as I was in the middle of the desert, 100 miles from anything! & I even had the dji range extenders Properly attached! So in a panic, I ran for high ground! Holding the RC out & in the AC direction as far as I could reach! But never showed a moments sign of reconnecting, as I had began to repeatedly push the RTH button!.... & On that subject, arent the dji drones programmed & coded to "auto return to home" automatically upon disconnect with the remote??! & For nearly 2 Days I spent out there in the 110+ heat, Out of water & nothing left to eat! Near killed myself trying to climb the side of the rock cliff where its final location was pinned on the map! But needless to say, I wasn't able to!..
Broken hearted & Defeated! I unwillingly give up. Return home. & File a claim, & Upload the flight record for the "Professional Data Analysis Team!!"... And what the told me really just blows my mind & adds exponential insult to an already painful injury!...... They basically told me that after reviewing my flight records & logs, They saw NO pilot error.  BUT! & I Quote here, "The pilot pushed the pitch stick forward, the aircraft flew forward and the flight record ended at t=01:49, h=79 m, d=274 m. With the record ended,  we could not verify what happened afterward. We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another one, we can offer you a 30% off discount!"...... Well Im sorry. But that is NOT good enough! That is ABSOLUTELY NOT a reasonable, considerate or even slightly kind solution! In fact I take greaT offense by it!!!! I mean how can DJI justify offering nothing more than a TINY TINY Discount to the consumer/pilot? After confirming he or she had made NO operating error & flight was in a location w/o the possibility of interference & in perfect weather conditions. & Acknowledge the sporadic & sudden disconnect of the AC & its failure to RTH afterwards? Nearly openly admitting that it was a coding error within their products that caused the hurtful loss of an expensive product that is still WELL WITHIN its warranty period... & Yet Firmly stand by their refusal to make it right with the consumer, after the failure of their own product??!.... I mean this has been a Lose, Lose, Lose For ME! & I feel like im beyond getting screwed over!.... & All while I've been a dedicated, loyal & loud fan of DJI products! Tagging & Boasting about them in each & every aerial shot Ive ever taken! & Photography is my Life!!!  
PLEASE ANY input advice or assistance would be HUGELY appreciated!!……
Thanks & sorry about the lengthy read….
2018-9-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans0ce2c58c Posted at 2018-9-25 03:06
Well May I inquire to whoever might be of any help? Please!... So I had a disconnect & fly away with my Spark just a couple of weeks back. & I lost ALL of my shots from the entirety of an 8 day trip that Id taken SPECIFICALLY to go to these places to get some great shots!! & I made it home w/o my AC or anY of the shots! Heartwrenching to say the least!! I Did everything by the book! As i  always do! & Opened the remote antennas, attached my range extender & plugged in my iPhone w/OTG cable. & Powered on remote. Then removed my gimbal cover & Prop locks. Attached the battery safety strap & landing gear. & Powered on the aircraft. I waited, as always for the GPS Home Point to set & make the audible announcement.... I fly up & out unhindered. But then at 1min 50secs, 260ft up & 900ft out, For NO apparent reason! My AC, in clear unobstructed line of sight & Without ANY Warning whatsoever suddenly decides to disconnect with the remote & Vanish! Not attempting even one time, to reconnect With the remote! Nor were there any Beeps, flashes, blinking lights or warning signs of ANY Kind! & There was next to no interference as I was in the middle of the desert, 100 miles from anything! & I even had the dji range extenders Properly attached! So in a panic, I ran for high ground! Holding the RC out & in the AC direction as far as I could reach! But never showed a moments sign of reconnecting, as I had began to repeatedly push the RTH button!.... & On that subject, arent the dji drones programmed & coded to "auto return to home" automatically upon disconnect with the remote??! & For nearly 2 Days I spent out there in the 110+ heat, Out of water & nothing left to eat! Near killed myself trying to climb the side of the rock cliff where its final location was pinned on the map! But needless to say, I wasn't able to!..
Broken hearted & Defeated! I unwillingly give up. Return home. & File a claim, & Upload the flight record for the "Professional Data Analysis Team!!"... And what the told me really just blows my mind & adds exponential insult to an already painful injury!...... They basically told me that after reviewing my flight records & logs, They saw NO pilot error.  BUT! & I Quote here, "The pilot pushed the pitch stick forward, the aircraft flew forward and the flight record ended at t=01:49, h=79 m, d=274 m. With the record ended,  we could not verify what happened afterward. We truly appreciate your support for DJI. If you could not recover the product and consider to purchase another one, we can offer you a 30% off discount!"...... Well Im sorry. But that is NOT good enough! That is ABSOLUTELY NOT a reasonable, considerate or even slightly kind solution! In fact I take greaT offense by it!!!! I mean how can DJI justify offering nothing more than a TINY TINY Discount to the consumer/pilot? After confirming he or she had made NO operating error & flight was in a location w/o the possibility of interference & in perfect weather conditions. & Acknowledge the sporadic & sudden disconnect of the AC & its failure to RTH afterwards? Nearly openly admitting that it was a coding error within their products that caused the hurtful loss of an expensive product that is still WELL WITHIN its warranty period... & Yet Firmly stand by their refusal to make it right with the consumer, after the failure of their own product??!.... I mean this has been a Lose, Lose, Lose For ME! & I feel like im beyond getting screwed over!.... & All while I've been a dedicated, loyal & loud fan of DJI products! Tagging & Boasting about them in each & every aerial shot Ive ever taken! & Photography is my Life!!!  
PLEASE ANY input advice or assistance would be HUGELY appreciated!!……

Hi there, we are so sorry for your loss, I managed to get your case number via your Forum account, per the data analysis, the flight records ended, with the remaining flight records, we cannot figure out what happened afterwards, even though we would like to know what happened as much as you do.
Your frustration will be escalated to the appropriate department to see if there is a better resolution can be provided, we will have someone to contact you soon, appreciate your patience.
2018-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules