New Firmware for P4 Pro Vr 2.0 to fix drifting in hover?
3667 21 2018-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paul2660
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10331 ft
  • >>>

Has a new firmware been released for the P4 Pro Vr 2.0? since the last one on 06/28/18?  

Some pilots are reporting that they are seeing a firmware update via djigo4, but not with Assistant 2 for Phantom.  (same old problem possibly?)

DJI has confirmed the issue of the Vr 2.0 and drifting in hover, and that a firmware fix was in the works for release in Mid September.  

We are in Mid September, but I can't get confirmation that an offical firmware has been released.  

Confirmation from DJI would be appreciated.

Paul C

2018-9-21
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The last firmware release was on June 26th. Those release notes are available here:

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#downloads
2018-9-21
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
  • >>>

Thanks. That what I also found. Not sure what the other guys were talking about.

Hope this issue is still on a front burner at DJI.

Paul C
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. Regarding your concern, I'll forward this to our R&D department for further clarification. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2018-9-21
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
  • >>>

I believe it's already been forwarded to the engineering team, but it might be a good idea to ping them and see if they are still aware that it's a problem with many of the P4 Vr 2.0 drones.  Per this image DJI was already aware that it was a problem 08/30/18.  

2018-9-22
Use props
fanseacc58a6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 694508 ft
Canada

Same here...
Drifts and Yaws slowly left or right when flying or hovering and does not fly straight. Have done percision level IMU calibration and compass several times. Will drift left or right when flying. My P2, P2v, P2V+, P3pro do not do this.
wwwpspeculate:com
2018-9-23
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
  • >>>

As the owner of a P4 Pro and P4 Pro V2, there is definitely an issue with the P4 Vr 2.0.  Not sure why the forums have quieted down on this, I guess mainly due to announcements of the MP2.  

I have just gotten used to making the flights with the P4 vr 2.0 and making subtle stick adjustments to hold the drone in place.  I flew my P4 Pro mainly just to give air time and was immediately reminded of just how bad the issue is on the Vr 2.0.  P4 Pro take off, solid, flights up straight, hover normal, panning perfect.  P4 Vr 2.0,  take off most times moves off from take off point to the left 3 to 5 feet then hovers,  Flights straight up, drone tends to rotate to the right and moves slightly right.  Hovering, considerable yaw to the left (requires stick pressure to stop, panning (continued movement in direct of pan when pressure taken off of stick), again requires considerable reverse direction to stop pan.

No issues on distance or cut outs at least for now.

Paul C
2018-9-23
Use props
fansb2fa6328
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3806854 ft
  • >>>

msinger Posted at 2018-9-21 05:09
The last firmware release was on June 26th. Those release notes are available here:

https://www.dji.com/phantom-4-pro-v2/info#downloads

hi .
technical support tell me to update my Phantom 4 pro v2.0 to Aircraft firmware: V 01.00.19.00.
but i can not find it and its not release . so where is the problem ?  where i can find this firmware: V 01.00.19.00.
2018-9-23
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansb2fa6328 Posted at 2018-9-23 07:13
technical support tell me to update my Phantom 4 pro v2.0 to Aircraft firmware: V 01.00.19.00.
but i can not find it and its not release

I'm not aware of a newer firmware release. Try asking the support person who gave you that information.
2018-9-23
Use props
fansb2fa6328
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3806854 ft
  • >>>
Saudi Arabia

msinger Posted at 2018-9-23 07:36
I'm not aware of a newer firmware release. Try asking the support person who gave you that information.

2018-9-23
Use props
HarleyGuy55
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1159409 ft

Not to jump on the wagon... But my V2.0 Drifts and turns terrible... and when flying straight while videoing and turn slightly one way or another the camera stays in the previous direction and takes quite the distance to catch up to the heading it’s now on if it ever does... And if you look back over the flight path you can plainly see the issue. The arrow that represents the ac is pointing one way and and the flight is pointing slightly to another.. maybe I should have said that backwards but anyway you look at it the ac is flying one direction and the camera another ... and like some others I’ve kind of gotten used to the drifting and turning thing so I’m always on the stick having to compensate for the mind of ac and what it wants to do... and every now and then it’s so bad I have to land and reboot everything just so it flies have way decent... This is my 2 cents worth . Other then that ... I absolutely love this ac and flying it. Thank you for listening. Have a wonderful rest of your day and a even better tomorrow.
2018-9-23
Use props
paul2660
lvl.4
  • >>>

I am assuming that current sales of the P4 Vr 2.0 have slowed down.  Back in Mid June and all of July/August there were both a lot of posts, and videos showing the issue.  DJI commented that they agreed it was a problem, released 1 firmware update, which did not fix the issue.  Since then it's been dark, no info, no responses.

As the posting and such have died down, it's very possible that a firmware update was never planned and instead an EC (engineering change) to the P4 Pro Vr 2.0 and was released with a certain manufacturing level release.  Thus newer P4 Vr 2.0 drones are shipping with a hardware fix to resolve this, and drones that were shipping in the initial round of shipments are SOL.   Sad.

Paul C
2018-9-27
Use props
Bill
lvl.2
Flight distance : 729938 ft

Just received a new P4P and having the same issue, tried everything! My old P4 is perform so much better. DJI Please, seems like this problem is not isolated. BD
2018-9-30
Use props
GottliebPins
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

I updated to the latest firmware and took it outside to test. I did not see the rotation issue, but this was just one flight. Sometimes the thing would work fine for a while before starting to auto rotate. I will do further testing this weekend. Also I need to find a fix for the sometimes blurry image. If I can fix those two issues this thing might be usable.
2018-10-24
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

GottliebPins Posted at 2018-10-24 15:34
I updated to the latest firmware and took it outside to test. I did not see the rotation issue, but this was just one flight. Sometimes the thing would work fine for a while before starting to auto rotate. I will do further testing this weekend. Also I need to find a fix for the sometimes blurry image. If I can fix those two issues this thing might be usable.

I'm interested to know about this blurry image problem. All summer, my P4P 2.0 shot tack sharp video, but I flew it on a cold afternoon last weekend and got soft focus, even though the camera was in autofocus. The picture had the clarity of 1080P instead of 4K. Have you noticed any pattern to the out of focus images and other conditions such as environmental?
2018-10-24
Use props
DiamondKing1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark Weiss Posted at 2018-10-24 16:50
I'm interested to know about this blurry image problem. All summer, my P4P 2.0 shot tack sharp video, but I flew it on a cold afternoon last weekend and got soft focus, even though the camera was in autofocus. The picture had the clarity of 1080P instead of 4K. Have you noticed any pattern to the out of focus images and other conditions such as environmental?

You can see my post with some example video of the issue in this thread - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=168557
2018-10-25
Use props
pmpina
lvl.2
Flight distance : 989836 ft
Portugal

I have the some problem on my Phantom 4Pro v1
2018-10-30
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I finally flew my P4P V2 since the firmware upgrade and my bird is WAY MORE STABLE then it was. 100% Fixed? No! But 90% better then it was. Also noted my horizon is dead on all the time.
2019-1-26
Use props
djiuser_ZFUaSaOBgIxz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

paul2660 Posted at 2018-9-27 17:29
I am assuming that current sales of the P4 Vr 2.0 have slowed down.  Back in Mid June and all of July/August there were both a lot of posts, and videos showing the issue.  DJI commented that they agreed it was a problem, released 1 firmware update, which did not fix the issue.  Since then it's been dark, no info, no responses.

As the posting and such have died down, it's very possible that a firmware update was never planned and instead an EC (engineering change) to the P4 Pro Vr 2.0 and was released with a certain manufacturing level release.  Thus newer P4 Vr 2.0 drones are shipping with a hardware fix to resolve this, and drones that were shipping in the initial round of shipments are SOL.   Sad.

Could be. My first P4P V2 had shift, yaw and gimbal issued. Firmware did not help. It was manufactured in May 2018. I returned it. Waited and bought another that has a 9/18 build date and so far no issues at all.
2019-1-27
Use props
fans7eb9c9c6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 599944 ft
  • >>>
Norway

I have the same issue on my november 2016 P4P.

It just keeps going left.

I also had the same on a Dji Mavic from 2016. I kept sending it back to DJI and they kept returning it to me unfixed, haha. In the end, the store i bought it from gave me their demo drone that didnt have any issues, and kept the faulty Mavic themselves.
2019-3-19
Use props
DeepFriedOprah
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1709094 ft
United States

BrianKushner Posted at 1-26 21:21
I finally flew my P4P V2 since the firmware upgrade and my bird is WAY MORE STABLE then it was. 100% Fixed? No! But 90% better then it was. Also noted my horizon is dead on all the time.

Was yours as bad as mine in the video I posted? I created a new thread yesterday with the video 3/19/19
2019-3-19
Use props
Efran71
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1178 ft
Canada

Can we consider a collective action to sue DJI for selling defective units and not recalling them for replacment
It is time for DJI to respect their customers.
2020-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules