My drone crashed after uncontrolled itself completely
9448 45 2018-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Laurens Aviator
lvl.1
Belgium

I had the same today, i started at the tirth floor balkony. Flew at full speed against the building, i had no control. DJI mavic three classic. Drone to pieces
2023-5-16
Use props
02 Travel TV
New

Philippines

This happened to me, I'm a pilot with almost 500km experience and while flying in one of the tourist lake my drone suddenly went wild and crashed into the lake. Wind is good, no huge trees, no buildings, no cell sites and no power lines near it. It's in the middle of the lake, what I did different was I updated to the latest software before the crash, so that's that....
2-4 02:49
Use props
Arkangel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 291345 ft
Brunei

Dont think its interference with the drone itself but the controller. The drone is responding to the signals sent by the controller.
2-4 14:08
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

02 Travel TV Posted at 2-4 02:49
This happened to me, I'm a pilot with almost 500km experience and while flying in one of the tourist lake my drone suddenly went wild and crashed into the lake. Wind is good, no huge trees, no buildings, no cell sites and no power lines near it. It's in the middle of the lake, what I did different was I updated to the latest software before the crash, so that's that....

Hi there. Sorry about what happened to your drone. If you can retrieve it, we suggest sending it back to DJI for inspection. The warranty can be applied depending on the assessment's outcome, including your unit's warranty period. We appreciate your patience.
2-4 21:05
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This happened to me, I'm a pilot with almost 500km experience and while flying in one of the tourist lake my drone suddenly went wild and crashed into the lake. Wind is good, no huge trees, no buildings, no cell sites and no power lines near it. It's in the middle of the lake, what I did different was I updated to the latest software before the crash, so that's that....

If you want an explanation post the flight log.
4-1 04:16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This happened to me, I'm a pilot with almost 500km experience and while flying in one of the tourist lake my drone suddenly went wild and crashed into the lake. Wind is good, no huge trees, no buildings, no cell sites and no power lines near it. It's in the middle of the lake, what I did different was I updated to the latest software before the crash, so that's that....

This happened to me, I'm a pilot with almost 500km experience and while flying in one of the tourist lake my drone suddenly went wild and crashed into the lake.
That's interesting but without the recorded flight data, there's no way to tell what happened or why.
If you post the recorded flight data, someone might be able to work out what went wrong.

Wind is good, no huge trees, no buildings, no cell sites and no power lines near it.
None of those things would cause what you described.

what I did different was I updated to the latest software before the crash, so that's that....
We don't have enough information to say what the issue was.
But we can be sure that it had nothing to do with a firmware update.

People frequently blame new firmware for all kinds of things that it's not responsible for and they are always wrong.
If the firmware was faulty, hundreds of other users would also have the same issues ... and they don't.

If you want to find out,  get that data and we'll see what it shows.
Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
... where you'll find instructions.
Follow those and you will get a summary report.
You can post a link for the report here.
Or just post the .txt file.

If your controller has a built-in screen, you'll find the file at:
Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\FlightRecord

4-2 02:18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules