Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How does everyone like the new Dlog LUT?
1209 12 2018-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
thehippoz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I like it but I like fruity colors. I tried working on a base grade but I think going to stick with the dji lut for my wrestling videos

Dji, boing!

Mine, no spikes to the wheel.. This doesn't draw you in though, like watching phillip blooms old videos.. bland

Both have -5 lens distortion applied too

2018-9-21
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

hate it rather use normal colour mode, i used to use cinelike on the old mavic, it was more usable. and h265 is to cpu hungry
2018-9-21
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

bomberuk Posted at 2018-9-21 10:35
hate it rather use normal colour mode, i used to use cinelike on the old mavic, it was more usable. and h265 is to cpu hungry

Yeah the m1 is awesome. Have a 6 core and playback eats around 75% of all cores in premiere 4k h.265. I mean for quality stuff though and night shots you'd probably want dlog. Youtube does a pretty good job re encoding h265 too

Might still work on mine a bit, spike some of that color in. I'm sure it'll come in handy sometime.
2018-9-21
Use props
simᴉs
lvl.2

Look at that fish-eye
2018-9-21
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

Lol man, is that hallmark.. It's been corrected in premiere
2018-9-21
Use props
Texan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637287 ft
United States

I tested with several camera and video settings and it didn't look good at all...  
2018-9-21
Use props
Novadesigns
lvl.2

The reds and blues are clipped and the blacks are crushed in low light.
2018-9-21
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

Novadesigns Posted at 2018-9-21 14:04
The reds and blues are clipped and the blacks are crushed in low light.

Oh you looking at the rgb scope. Yeah well like you said the blacks are already crushed, no nd filters here. More of a eyeball thing, not like this is going on tv or anything (I hope not.. well maybe obama lifting weights)

I like the dji lut though. It's not too shabby
2018-9-21
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I too was curious how the LUT would do, I did a simple POI around a little dock house near me.  I pulled in the clip and applied the LUT to the right hand side of the screen.  I did some tiny adjustments but looking a the scopes the RGB seem to be crushed down to 0 value.  

See the scopes in the screen shot below.

mavic2-lut.jpg
2018-9-21
Use props
Novadesigns
lvl.2

I made one too of some low light and golden hour footage I have, you can see the clipped reds and blues and the crushed black pretty easily.

2018-9-21
Use props
Chpouky
lvl.3

I'm not a fan... Check my example:

The official LUT makes my landscape look like Mars, and it's too vibrant/saturated.
A lot of the grass turns into a brownish/redish tint, the sky look fancy.

2018-9-22
Use props
thehippoz
lvl.4
United States

Gateway Posted at 2018-9-21 16:11
So I too was curious how the LUT would do, I did a simple POI around a little dock house near me.  I pulled in the clip and applied the LUT to the right hand side of the screen.  I did some tiny adjustments but looking a the scopes the RGB seem to be crushed down to 0 value.  

Ah yeah see yours and Novadesigns video. Looks like we all need to find what works for our eyes. The crushing I'm sure is due to having no nd yet. Have to wait for mine.

@Chpouky As much as I'd like real colors, it's never eye catching, least to me. I'm not a photographer, have the worst eye for that stuff. Tried some of the luts here on the forum though. The scurve is as basic as it gets, but it looks good
2018-9-22
Use props
tjalex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Nice shots.. thanks for sharing..
2018-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now