Don't bother sending back/replacing a mavic 2 that came with gimb...
1163 11 2018-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mardarethedog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406604 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Don't bother sending back/replacing a mavic 2 that came with gimbal scratches .. The replacement came with the same scratches Yeah, and the camera cover wasn't fully closed. I guess the gimbal got scratched during transport. My previous post on this here https://forum.dji.com/thread-164108-1-1.html

IMG_3451.jpg
2018-9-21
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

Wow. . .   
2018-9-21
Use props
Texan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637287 ft
United States

That's too bad...
2018-9-21
Use props
Paul_IA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

Unfortunate. So is DJI saying that the gimbal cover is definitely the cause of these scratches?
2018-9-21
Use props
Jannistmb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>

Thats very sad to see on more like mine i recieved my MP2 on monday and it has almost the same scratches!
2018-9-21
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

WOW, a $1500 buck drone and the gimbal  looks like its been kicked around the workshop floor out the box. Very disappointing
2018-9-21
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Even brand new cars have a few scratches,especially if you look at them through a nuclear microscope....
2018-9-21
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Looks kind of like glue or paint to me in the pic. Whatever it is should really be there i guess?
2018-9-21
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

rolling56 Posted at 2018-9-21 13:14
Looks kind of like glue or paint to me in the pic. Whatever it is should really be there i guess?

I wonder if that would wipe of with a damp cloth if that's the case.
2018-9-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Going with marks on Gimbal actually being scratches, what is bothersome is amount of force being put on camera's Gimbal to inflict the marks.  Seems like force could be damaging Gimbal's axials and /or mounting.
2018-9-21
Use props
EdisonW1979
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-9-21 15:57
Going with marks on Gimbal actually being scratches, what is bothersome is amount of force being put on camera's Gimbal to inflict the marks.  Seems like force could be damaging Gimbal's axials and /or mounting.

Having just gotten my M2P today, the first thing I did was investigate this, and I can affirmatively say this is not entirely the fault of the Gimbal guard, but of the actual gimbal design itself...

In the first image, I highlighted the design flaw of the gimbal suspension arm at the back of the housing...

The gap between the clips extending out from the main drone body to connect to the gimbal arm suspension is so close to the gimbal, that even a small push of the gimbal into the housing brings these sharp plastic pieces into direct contact with the back housing of the gimbal, which seem to result in the scratches people have been seeing...

And I seem to have discovered why the gimbal gets pushed into the back of the housing to cause the direct contact:

If the flipping piece of the gimbal protector (the one that slides on top of the gimbal first), doesn't get slotted into these secondary groves inside, and the gimbal is closed, it seems to push the assembly deeper into the housing and brings it into contact with the abrasion points marked in the images.

Bottom line, if you're in a rush, or if you're not careful with inserting the gimbal guard ensuring the secondary grip points are slotted in properly, you will likely end up with a damaged gimbal.

I'm stunned DJI didn't catch this, especially since the launch was delayed, they had the opportunity to avoid this!

I'll definitely be looking for an aftermarket guard having seen this; I want to keep this puppy pristine as best as I can.
2018-9-21
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

EdisonW1979 Posted at 2018-9-21 17:57
Having just gotten my M2P today, the first thing I did was investigate this, and I can affirmatively say this is not entirely the fault of the Gimbal guard, but of the actual gimbal design itself...

In the first image, I highlighted the design flaw of the gimbal suspension arm at the back of the housing...

I'll definitely be looking for an aftermarket guard having seen this;

On my MPp, I went with a All-n-1 aftermarket camera / gimbal guard.  Looks similar to clear dome cover that goes over camera, but it incorporates groved tab that keeps gimbal from moving around.  Did color clear dome with Red marker so as not to mistake it for DJI clear dome cover.

2018-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules