Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Please, make things right. (Sony and Multi-USB cable)
12Next >
7584 59 2018-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
labregatv
lvl.2
United States

To the Ronin-S team,

I appreciate DJI finally working towards full Sony compatibility. I'm sure releasing a new product like this one is challenging for everyone involved. DJI asked us to be patient and we (I) have been. Like many others, I'm immensely disappointed in DJI's decision to sell us the multi-camera control cable (multi-usb). It is a slap in the face for consumers who had no option but to endure the less than impressive release, specifically the major step back in camera compatibility when it started shipping. From some of the responses I've read, it seems DJI is strategically working a PR narrative in order to justify its decision. It seems the narrative is to make us think that you're giving us NEW features with this cable, and thus we should pay for them. Let me set things straight, DJI is not offering something new, it is finally giving us what was promised before the release and in all of its marketing materials. This is definitely on you, not us.

As a company I would suggest you do two things: 1) accept that you made some mistakes in the release (perhaps released it too soon?) and that you continue learning from them and 2) mail every single buyer of the Ronin-S the Multi-USB cable for FREE. You have all of our addresses, please do so as soon as possible.

I can support a company that struggled with a product release but has the moral fortitude to make things right for their loyal customers. I have no tolerance for unnecessary corporate  greed. I'm sure the Ronin-S has been a great challenge for everyone involved. I know customers can sometimes have unrealistic expectations from companies. In this case, I don't see how delivering on expectations set by DJI is asking for too much. Please, make things right.

I encourage everyone reading this to make your voices heard.

2018-9-21
Use props
Haxorious
lvl.2

I can't upvote this enough.

Don't even try to lie, you ADVERTISED that it was compatible with Sony cameras.

We spent $700 + shipping costs, waited a month for it to arrive, waited another two months for the firmware to be released. Now we have to spend $20 more (and more shipping), wait ANOTHER MONTH just to use a function that Zhiyun has had for literally two years.
There's already a USB-B cable included, but it doesn't work. Why doesn't it work? Because you released an unfinished product, and now we have to buy new parts to fix YOUR mistake.

Absolutely disgusting.
2018-9-21
Use props
JANMX
lvl.1
Mexico

I bought my Ronin S today, I have a Sony 7R3 camera, I have many of the DJI products. Im VERY disappointed not being able to pull focus right away.... I thought of buying other brands but You AVDERTISED it with SONY also.
2018-9-21
Use props
wmarz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42795 ft
Germany

I vote for this
2018-9-21
Use props
MegaToby
lvl.3
Netherlands

You should be president.
2018-9-22
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Another disgruntled customer here, purchased the Ronin S in August arrived last week (no issues with that) but now faced with purchasing a new cable to support my Sony camera doesn't sit comfortably especially when the postage cost more than the cable. Seriously, for every old and new purchaser a new Sony cable should be supplied free of charge and posted rather than sent via couriers DHL UPS FEDEX  
2018-9-22
Use props
diegoe
lvl.3
Flight distance : 489 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I will not buy any DJI products again, and now we have to pay 24 e of shipping costs for a cable that costs 19 euros, this is incredible....
2018-9-22
Use props
Pauxier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1213238 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems like a great opportunity for some one to get one and reverse engineer it then sell for less
2018-9-22
Use props
H W
lvl.2

Australia

these blokes have got to be having a laugh right? waited 3 months for a Ronin S that doesn't even work like was clearly advertised without spending $40 and waiting another month.
2018-9-22
Use props
CHATH.K
New
Sri Lanka

I'm really disappointed because they shouldn't sell this cable this should included with the package! very disappointed DJI.
2018-9-22
Use props
Dani Bar
lvl.3
Italy

CHATH.K Posted at 2018-9-22 19:43
I'm really disappointed because they shouldn't sell this cable this should included with the package! very disappointed DJI.

I’m with you.
2018-9-23
Use props
fans205e9d3e
lvl.2
Netherlands

Not going to pay more than 40 euro  for a 23cm usb cable just to get my Sony A6300 work with the focus wheel. Very disapointed in DJI, this should have been included!
2018-9-23
Use props
DexterChua
lvl.2

Singapore

Using Ronin S with Sony A7R3...very disappointed that I have to buy a new cable which should have been included in the box.
2018-9-23
Use props
labregatv
lvl.2
United States

DJI, I'm still waiting for a sober response. Preferably, one that doesn't start with the reminder that the Ronin-S came with three cables (yes, I know... I paid for them).
2018-9-26
Use props
hazz
lvl.2

labregatv Posted at 2018-9-26 06:47
DJI, I'm still waiting for a sober response. Preferably, one that doesn't start with the reminder that the Ronin-S came with three cables (yes, I know... I paid for them).

Don't waste your time, you won't get one I have tried. I am taking it to the Fair Trade Commision now as I have been informed it is most likely against the law.

2018-9-26
Use props
Langstonius
lvl.3
Flight distance : 218087 ft
  • >>>
United States

File me as another person who will seriously (as in look elsewhere) when it comes to DJI products. It seems this trend is never ending. You sold me on the fact that it worked with Sony, and when it didnt, there were no apologies. Only another fee...
2018-9-26
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

The official line from DJI is must be purchased at an additional cost. Disappointing but come on guys threatening legal action or going elsewhere  over a 19 Euro cable is a little excessive don't you think!  
2018-9-26
Use props
Dani Bar
lvl.3
Italy

Not including a cable for a camera that was declared compatible is SCANDALOUS!!!
2018-9-27
Use props
LHimage
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62 ft
Netherlands

The cable should have been included with the product launch in the first place, instead of leaving it out and rushing this product to the market. That we, as Sony users, now have to pay for a cable and pay for ridiculous shipping costs for functionality that was promised at launch is simply misleading and scandalous. If DJI wanted to properly solve this, they should have acknowledged their mistake and supplied (Sony) Ronin S users, who bought the product based on wrong information, with the cable free of charge. Admitting a mistake is something you might not want as a company, but at least people would have (eventually) understood and respected the acknowlegdement of a mistake, giving room for a fix. However, trying to cover up for it, especially in the way DJI did for now, is not the way to go.
2018-9-27
Use props
fans205e9d3e
lvl.2
Netherlands

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-26 23:31
The official line from DJI is must be purchased at an additional cost. Disappointing but come on guys threatening legal action or going elsewhere  over a 19 Euro cable is a little excessive don't you think!

Not even that 19 euro cable. It's te 24 euro shipping costs for such a small item! So in total its a 43 euro USB cable, while originally it was advertised as compatible.
2018-9-27
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

fans205e9d3e Posted at 2018-9-27 12:32
Not even that 19 euro cable. It's te 24 euro shipping costs for such a small item! So in total its a 43 euro USB cable, while originally it was advertised as compatible.

I agree with you 100% the shipping costs are somewhat excessive, but that is the decision made by DJI, not the right one, but what can be done, very little other than for us to swallow the costs.
2018-9-28
Use props
Roland Schulz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2166962 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That‘s really not acceptable!
I also expect the needed cable to be shipped tomme for free!
We bought a gimbal that was announced to work with Sony and had to wait to get this implemented.
We Sony users got a bunch of cables with the gimbal that are only waste for us and now we must buy a new cable that „we“ need?!
DJI, you have my address (this is my real name), please send me the cable - for free!
2018-9-28
Use props
Cedriccc
lvl.1
United States

how can i download ronin s app on my macbook?
2018-9-29
Use props
Cedriccc
lvl.1
United States

i cant download this app , help please
2018-9-29
Use props
petrenko
lvl.1
Switzerland

Haxorious Posted at 2018-9-21 13:03
I can't upvote this enough.

Don't even try to lie, you ADVERTISED that it was compatible with Sony cameras.

Just to add to the case.

2018-10-1
Use props
Brandon_Farrell
lvl.1
United States

I 100% agree, it's pretty insane that they would try to pull a stunt like this when they are trying compete with Zhiyun and they have been owning them with it for years now. It's simple.
2018-10-1
Use props
petrenko
lvl.1
Switzerland

M2Wair Posted at 2018-9-28 01:49
I agree with you 100% the shipping costs are somewhat excessive, but that is the decision made by DJI, not the right one, but what can be done, very little other than for us to swallow the costs.

Report to FTC, report to https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/o ... vent=main.home.show
2018-10-1
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

petrenko Posted at 2018-10-1 06:11
Report to FTC, report to https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home.show

Thank you, but not for me, I'm now well and truly over it.
2018-10-1
Use props
Matias Zepeda
lvl.2
Chile

I 100% agree
2018-10-1
Use props
djiuser_60wdfYtke637
New

DJI, it is insulting that after spending $800, waiting months, and seeing your own actual marketing photos clearly showing Sony cameras working with a USB cable from the start, that you are asking for another $35+ for us to BUY this cable from you. The Ronin-S is my first DJI product and it has been a very poor first experience. This new cable should be mailed to any Ronin-S Sony users at YOUR expense. I bought the Ronin-S because I was excited about the functionality and the promised capabilities when USB functionality was added, which I expected to be able to use with the supplied cable. If you do not make this right, I will have to return my Ronin-S and switch to a different company that treats their customers better.
2018-10-2
Use props
LaoTrav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 805974 ft
  • >>>
Morocco

I'm really angry about this. And I'm aldo going to have to upload a video on my youtube channel explaining my experiences with the gimbal. After more than 2 months of use the app still have some errors.

Loosing balance when you're walking with the ronin in timelapse mode. Not allowing us to shoot tilting the camera completely up in motiontimelapse mode... also still waiting for the thing that I need the most, the external charger.
2018-10-2
Use props
Sulaiman Sibai
New

United Kingdom

LaoTrav Posted at 2018-10-2 11:31
I'm really angry about this. And I'm aldo going to have to upload a video on my youtube channel explaining my experiences with the gimbal. After more than 2 months of use the app still have some errors.

Loosing balance when you're walking with the ronin in timelapse mode. Not allowing us to shoot tilting the camera completely up in motiontimelapse mode... also still waiting for the thing that I need the most, the external charger.

Im upvoting this - RIDICULOUS - multi billion dollar company, squeezing more money from us.
2018-10-4
Use props
Moffat
New
Poland

I think the whole cable affair is OUTRAGEOUS! :/

I was going to buy Pilotfly Adventurer, which have the full Sony support. After good experiences with Mavic I decided to buy Ronin-S and now I can't even charge the goddamn battery through the stupid USB cable :// Why was it even in the box if it doesn't work?

If I would just buy the cable another chaotic thing comes up: which one?
- There is MULTI USB cable (part 13) store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-camera-control-cable-multi
- There is MINI USB cable (part 12) store.dji.com/product/ronin-s-camera-control-cable-miniusb

The decription says both of them are dedicated for Sony cameras. I have A7R II with Multi USB port, but after all those f*ckups I'm not really sure which one is the right cable.

Hey, DJI, which of those two cables guarantee flawless working with A7R II?
What about timelapse?
2018-10-4
Use props
masainz
New
Spain

DJI said it would be Sony compatible. I have several DJI products and now I am very disappointed with DJI. I think you should consider to better finish your products before selling them, and not to try to sell a cable because you make a big mistake.

Please consider to send us a free cable if you want us to buy more of your products.
2018-10-4
Use props
ddrummer1193
lvl.2
United States

This is unbelievable. Extremely disappointed with DJI.

I personally work at a company that specializes in retail and design, and this kind of work would have us on our knees begging for forgiveness. And so far I haven't seen DJI respond to a single thread regarding the cable. Ridiculous.

2018-10-5
Use props
mute-explorer
New
United States

Thanks for addressing this issue here @Labregatv - I waited for almost a month for getting the Ronin S and when finally I had delivered yesterday - I was excited to try out and did my balance for the camera and the last point was to connect the MCC cable to my Camera Nikon D7100. Well after spending almost a full day to figure out - I was not able to connect and make it work to take pictures and videos with the controls on the Gimbal.
2018-10-5
Use props
Surface2Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 167441 ft
Canada

Story has been picked up by petapixel.com

https://petapixel.com/2018/10/04/dji-ronin-s-users-demand-free-cable-for-sony-camera-compatibility/
2018-10-6
Use props
Efrainr
New
United States

Agreed. They should either figure out a way to make it work with the included cables (usb) or contact buyers through official sellers to deliver the cable.
2018-10-6
Use props
e1darie1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1843084 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Sony cameras got USB-C, why there is no support for it? Why should I buy new cable? Come on DJI! Fix it without pulling money from my pocket!
2018-10-7
Use props
Dani Bar
lvl.3
Italy

No answer from dji to this tread???
DJi admin reply please!
2018-10-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now