Mavic 2 Pro and Old Mavic Controller
2368 18 2018-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Soul_Fixer
lvl.2

Hi everyone,

as many, i'm stuck with not being able to use the crystalsky monitor with the Mavic 2 Pro due to lack of mounting bracket. So my question is - being relatively new to all of this - can I use the Mavic Platimum remote controller with the new Mavic 2 Pro?

Thanks for any insight and help.

Cheers
2018-9-21
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

At this time, they are not compatible. Members of DJI have hinted that this may changed in the near future though.

2018-9-21
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude! nope and it will not change because it total different.
2018-9-21
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

You could swap the grips, see post 3# in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-163773-1-1.html
2018-9-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They use different types of ocusync transmission tech so I believe they are not compatible.
2018-9-22
Use props
Soul_Fixer
lvl.2

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-22 00:47
You could swap the grips, see post 3# in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/thread-163773-1-1.html

Thank You, that sounds promising. Do you happen to know if I have to take the body apart or is it only that one has to unscrew the grip itself at the end of the arm? Cheers
2018-9-22
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145554 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

i used my old spark bracket, just dril  extra holes and put a small piece of woord inside the grips. Then use normal screws.
2018-9-22
Use props
Soul_Fixer
lvl.2

I'm so sick and tired of DJI lack of care. So I think I'll go with this solution....https://evolution3d.com/shop/rad ... rystalsky-mount-v2/

Anyone any experience with this?
2018-9-22
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Soul_Fixer Posted at 2018-9-22 18:35
I'm so sick and tired of DJI lack of care. So I think I'll go with this solution....https://evolution3d.com/shop/radio-mounts/dji-mavic-pro-2-crystalsky-mount-v2/

Anyone any experience with this?

Then you should also have a look at the Polar Pro mount for CS: https://www.polarprofilters.com/ ... stalsky-mavic-mount
This is what I use and I love it.
2018-9-22
Use props
Soul_Fixer
lvl.2

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-9-22 23:00
Then you should also have a look at the Polar Pro mount for CS: https://www.polarprofilters.com/collections/dji-crystalsky/products/crystalsky-mavic-mount
This is what I use and I love it.

Oh S%$$^& I'm obviously pretty new to all of this. I looked at that, because I ordered ND filter from them and thought that this mount does not fit the M2P
2018-9-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-9-22 14:16
Like the original DJI Goggles, the hardware in the Mavic Pro RC is firmware upgradeable to OccuSync 2.0.  Like the original goggles it will be limited to the 2.4 ghz band.  Will the Mavic Pro RC be usable as a Primary or only as a secondary controller remains to be seen.

Very good points
2018-9-23
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

Soul_Fixer Posted at 2018-9-22 23:57
Oh S%$$^& I'm obviously pretty new to all of this. I looked at that, because I ordered ND filter from them and thought that this mount does not fit the M2P

Fits perfectly.
2018-9-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the issues you are facing. Mavic Platinum remote is not compatible with the new Mavic 2 Pro. As of the time being, the mounting bracket is currently unavailable. Kindly visit our website for future updates. Your patience is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
2018-9-24
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

Soul_Fixer Posted at 2018-9-22 23:57

I took my MP crystalsky bracket to my machinist friend and he adapted it to the new MP2 Controller.

He widened the holes slightly, reduced the rubber sticks holder (useless feature DJI!!) and voila! fits and works perfectly.

This something you can do yourself but just to be safe I took it to him.  He has all the right tools.

He did such a great job it's hard to tell there was work done on the parts.

Also, you can install the app updated APK file and use your Crystalsky.

There's another thread here that has the file and describes the process in detail.
2018-9-24
Use props
Mark1971
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95725 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Have a look at what I did... It should work for you too. I'm really pleased with it.

It's really solid and will certainly work till DJI bring out an updated version for the new controller.

Mavic 2 Pro Crystal Sky mount temp solution

There's no need to cut/machine anything of the new controller... you just need the correct screws.
2018-9-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Soul_Fixer Posted at 2018-9-22 13:33
Thank You, that sounds promising. Do you happen to know if I have to take the body apart or is it only that one has to unscrew the grip itself at the end of the arm? Cheers

Dji has already announced that Mavic Pro RC will be compatible in a future FW update and you will be able to use both RC’s together, wacthberger’s suggestion is a pretty good one.
2018-9-24
Use props
Soul_Fixer
lvl.2

Thanks everyone for your input. If any of you would know how useless I am with DIY you would understand my queries. The "long screw" suggestion from Mark1971 might do the trick until such time that DJI makes the old RC work via SW update. Thanks everyone and Cheers
2018-9-24
Use props
Mark1971
lvl.2
Flight distance : 95725 ft
United Kingdom

Soul_Fixer Posted at 2018-9-24 11:23
Thanks everyone for your input. If any of you would know how useless I am with DIY  you would understand my queries. The "long screw" suggestion from Mark1971 might do the trick until such time that DJI makes the old RC work via SW update. Thanks everyone and Cheers

Soul_fixer… Just make sure you can get the ones with the correct thread... my pics should show the packet with the full dimensions of the screws used.

Good luck fella.

Tho I am still hoping that DJI bring out the revised mount soon
2018-9-24
Use props
mavpronu
lvl.3
Flight distance : 619308 ft

get the mount made by Polar Pro
2018-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now