Battery not charging
8908 10 2018-9-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
filippoguerra
lvl.1
Italy

I've just bought my new Ronin S but the battery isn't charging.
I'm blugged the USB-C cable to the original charger and to the ronin, set up the handle but the first led on the left is blinking 3 times but after 8 hours the battery still doesn't hold charge. If I unplug the cable, press and hold the button on the handle the first two leds on the right turns on as soon as I release they turn off.

I'm able to turn on the ronin if I keep it plugged to the charger, I've also been able to connect with the iphone app and upgrade the firmware but still not working.
Strange think is that the DJI app on my iphone is showing that the battery charge is at 27%....

Any quick solution or the battery is defective?

Best regards
2018-9-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, just to verify, do you refer to the below screen to charge the Ronin S? If yes, please kindly check the connection and upload a short video for flashing LED status, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks!
Ronin S.png
2018-9-22
Use props
filippoguerra
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-22 01:54
Hi there, just to verify, do you refer to the below screen to charge the Ronin S? If yes, please kindly check the connection and upload a short video for flashing LED status, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks!

here's a video of the problem
https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 7w/view?usp=sharing

2018-9-22
Use props
filippoguerra
lvl.1
Italy

Strange thing is, I'm able to turn it on while attached to the charge and it's visible on the DJI ronin OS app. The app itself show that the battery is 27% charged but if I remove the USB cable the ronin turns off and lose connection
2018-9-22
Use props
Weiguoorng
lvl.1

China

Hi,
We CTECHI Group (www.superlithiumbattery.com)is a leading high quality lithium thionyl chloride batteries, lithium manganese dioxide battery ( Li-MnO2 Primary Battery ) and li socl2 battery distributor and exporter in China, we are not only focus on provide single cell but provide battery assembly and do OEM service for customers, as well as battery solutions. CTECHI has captured 80 percent of overseas markets in the past 16 years with more than 2000 reliable customers in our customer management system, which has been being one of the leading enterprises with the most complete category in China's battery industry.  If you have any question or request, please do not hesitate to contact us.
2018-10-12
Use props
Nandoblum
New

Brazil

Hi!!! Same problem here, how do you solve it?

I bought a Ronin-S on October 28, 2018 (just 5 months ago) in the Amazon USA, brought it to Brazil and used it in three jobs of a daily filming each.

Last week I went to charge him and suddenly his battery (grip) does not turn on anymore, no battery led turns on. This is terrible!

I've mailed DJI too, but I'm not getting any replies :/

I tried everything! I charged the battery directly into the socket for three days and nothing happens. The top (where I place the camera) normally connects while in the socket or computer. It is not a cable or charger problem.

What should I do? How can I repair or replace the part?

Please help me!!!
Thanks!
2019-3-26
Use props
DiogoG
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48625 ft
Brazil

Nandoblum Posted at 3-26 07:52
Hi!!! Same problem here, how do you solve it?

I bought a Ronin-S on October 28, 2018 (just 5 months ago) in the Amazon USA, brought it to Brazil and used it in three jobs of a daily filming each.

I had the same problem, now my Ronin-S wont charge, the battery leds are off, i try change the charger and cable, but does not work...

I am frustrated for buying this product, first because it is not 100% compatible with my camera a7s2, now with little use after 6 months it stopped working, I always had products of dji, ronin, phantom, mavic, but by far the Ronin S that's what frustrated me the most.

Someone fixed it? How i can send it to assistence, i living in brazil...
2019-4-7
Use props
Sayaster
lvl.1
Argentina

I have the same problem? what is the solution?
2019-6-12
Use props
russkn87
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430039 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had this problem - make sure that you're using a USB 3.0 cable or the original cable that came with the DJI Ronin-S. I was using some generic USB C cables which would look like they're charging but didn't...
2019-6-12
Use props
cyclist715
lvl.1
United States

I just got my in a couple of days ago charged it yesterday and it will not turn on, so much for this, Yes I am using the cable that come with it. Man Oh Man!!!!!!!!
2019-6-20
Use props
cyclist715
lvl.1
United States

cyclist715 Posted at 6-20 14:31
I just got my in a couple of days ago charged it yesterday and it will not turn on, so much for this, Yes I am using the cable that come with it. Man Oh Man!!!!!!!!

I finally talked with a DJI Ronin S friend of mine and he came over and helped me to get it working. I am glad he was here! My mistake did not know there were two power buttons.
2019-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules